2 Cursed 2 Cuts

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Apr 12, 2005.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

CURSED, Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson's maligned post-SCREAM reunion, fizzled at the box office earlier this year. In fact, the title may have been a more fitting description of the production itself, considering all the imposition, re-shoots and cuts that Miramax demanded of Craven's werewolf film. Nonetheless, it will get another chance on video, where it will be released in both rated and unrated versions on June 21st. The unrated version runs two minutes longer, and it is unknown as to whether or not it will be the same gorier cut that was shown in Canadian theaters this year. Here is the scoop on the extras:

• 2.40:1 anamorphic widescreen
    • Dolby Digital 5.1
    • Filmmaker audio commentary
    • "Behind The Fangs: the Making of Cursed" featurette
    • Special effects featurette
    • "Creatyre Editing 101" featurette
    • "Becoming a Werewolf" featurette another featurette on the film’s

Not a bad batch of extras, it looks like CURSED may have more box office bite on home video. The final retail will be $29.99. Thanks to DVDAnswers for the scoop.

Attached Files:

2. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

Great news! Haven't seen the film, but an unrated cut sounds yummy. Being a Craven fan, this is a must-see for me. Hopefully a must-have as well! :p

3. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I saw this in the theaters and liked it up until the ending where it got corny. I think I'll get the unrated version when it hits shelves though.

4. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

I'll rent it unrated, but I've heard so many poor things said that I won't be doing a blind buy. I didn't like the SCREAM flicks, so I'm not holding my breath...although Ricci is the big draw here.

5. I honestly do not think an UNRATED cut would SAVE this movie! Who's to blame? Craven? Williamson? Dimension? I dunno...but it was a BAD movie & I couldn't believe Craven's name was attached to it as director.

6. $30? What a bunch of horse shit. I'd rather buy some groceries.

7. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

really didn't like this film. It had some promise and a couple of moments, but this is a disaster in the Craven canon.

8. shift

shift Hot as shit!

It was not to good IMHO and then it's taking forever to get it released on DVD.

9. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

is this better than the disappointing Boogeyman?