2 JOY 2 RIDE 3 Giveaways

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 13, 2008.

1. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Duel. I had never seen it up until a couple of years ago. I'd heard the hype about it. I expected to be disappointed after all the glowing reviews, I wasn't at all. I should've had more faith. The man made Jaws after all!

2. marcx

marcx New Member

the original Hithcer for sure...

3. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

Road Games (1981)

This is my favorite, it has seemed to me at the time to be a good Hitchcockian style horror/mystery with red herrings throughout. Also had Jamie Lee Curtis in it prior to her leaving the horror industry for many years.

4. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Member

Duel for me. The truck used in the movie has always comes to mind when someone says road rage.

5. frankmon

frankmon New Member

Race with the Devil

Satanists going after pre-yuppie couples. A cheesy mobile home. "Hot Lips" trying to play against type. Peter Fonda semi-sober. An ending telegraphed from the opening credits.

And last, but not least, the late great Warren Oates looking embarrased (but not sober)in the film and yet still a bad-ass.

I will admit that when I was 9 my dad took me to see it and it scared the crap out of me.

6. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I would have to choose Breakdown with Kurt Russell. With the great late J.T. Walsh. Pretty intense film, & although its a movie, its quite a plausible scenario.

Mind Games 1989 is pretty good too for little unknown film.

7. boycrieswolf

boycrieswolf Guest

As redundant as it may sound, I'm gonna have to vote for the original Hitcher. Just re-watched this the other night for the first time in a long while and it still holds up surprisingly well. Rutger Hauer is such a creepy psycho in this, and C. Thomas Howell is very convincing as the mentally tortured driver pushed to the limits. A classic for sure.

8. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I'm tempted to say Joy Ride because of Leelee Sobieski but I'm going to go with Haute Tension.

9. Darkside

Darkside New Member

Agreed and my vote too!

10. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Vanishing Point, cause its a freaking classic!!!:fuck:

11. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I'm leaning towards the segement in Creepshow 2 as it's the one that left the biggest impression on me, and would be the most quoted as well.

Death Proof is really growing on me. I wasn't blown away in the theater, but really was grooving on the extended cut.

I like onebyone's "outside the box" thinking with Wild at Heart too, what a great mindfuck movie that is!

Duel gets so much love, and I can't remember shit from it.:nervous: For this reason I'm going to go watch it right now (thanks to the library and the conicidence I have it from them this week, maybe it's a sign!:eek:), then come back with a clear winner between that and Creepshow 2.:)

EDIT: Duel is a great flick, but it's not enough to overtake Creepshow 2. Thanks for the ride lady!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  12. soxfan666

soxfan666 Well-Known Member

Breakdown for me.

13. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    Though not totally a revenge film, the series became what I feel to be the movies that are the epitomy of revenge films! I still love the original Deathwish. The sequel is a stronger revenge film, but I like the original best!

14. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Creepshow 2 - Thanks for the Ride Lady. When the dood is just a bloody nasty skull like lickin' the chick n' stuff in the end - :lol:

15. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Wow, lots of love for Duel. Not seen that in years......

16. I would have to say my favorite is Duel. I just love everything about the film. It always comes to my mind when I pass a truck on the highway. A close second choice would be Breakdown. Kurt Russell = win.

17. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

Have to go with the first half of Jeepers Creepers. Some really good scares with the creature stalking the brother and sister on the highway. And the truck is creepy as hell with its BEATINGU license plate.

Joy Ride, Duel, Creepshow 2, The Hitcher, and Breakdown are all really good as well. This one was hard.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  18. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Duel is my favorite road revenge movie. I remember seeing this when I was 9 or 10 years old. To this day, it still has the same impact. This film is downright scary. I remember watching an interview with Spielberg about his direction of this film. He talked about how he literally mapped out a 15-20 mile stretch of road in the Mojave desert and had it closed so that he could film the truck scenes. Execs at Universal thought he was crazy. They insisted that he could never finish this film with his lofty goals, much less do it on location. Not only did he complete the film, he did it in 13 days and came in under budget. His creative genius really shows in the final result. IMO, It is some of the most realistic road footage ever put on film.

19. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

I would have to go with I Spit On Your Grave. Rarely do movies make me cringe but the one particular scene in that movie can have me doubled over holding my little man.

Second place would go to Death Proof. I like the first half of the film much better than the second but the ending is perfect.

20. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Duel, because it's a movie that seemed hopeless for the dude in the tiny rice burning car. I really was pulling for him to outwit his big rig stalker.