20th Anniversary of the Puppet Master Series

Discussion in 'General' started by Katatonia, Mar 6, 2010.

1. BlackAndBlu81

BlackAndBlu81 New Member

Is anyones audio out of sync on their Blu-ray version?

2. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Isn't it funny how we got people posting in here just about daily since the 15th asking "Has it shipped? Where is it?" Once arrived it went silent.

Not that I noticed.

3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

dvd menu on puppet master 1 is kinda messed up but the audio on the dvd is fine

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I didn't notice anything... where do you mean in the film?

5. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I still haven't received mine...how do you like that for an update?

6. Katatonia

I've been informed by Full Moon that a small batch of the Blu-rays were released with the incorrect audio tracks (standard 2.0 and not the 5.1 as advertised).

They are waiting for a re-print of the discs and will send out free replacements if you contact them and mention your original order #. You apparently won't need to return the discs you already have.

7. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

I wonder if by "small batch" they mean every single one, at least from the trunk sets. Will these replacements include both the original and Axis?

8. deepred

deepred Member

I've pre-ordered the original on blu from Amazon. Hope they don't send Amazon the faulty discs. Full Moon can't get anything right. I bought their Subspecies boxset and they can't even label the correct movie with the correct disc. I almost bought their trunk but then I thought better of it - I'm glad too because I hear Axis of Evil sucks!

9. Katatonia

They didn't say, just that a small test batch got out. If your disc doesn't include the 5.1 audio tracks, then yes it's the faulty ones.

The replacements will include both the original and Axis as far as I understood their email.

Actually, it's gotten favorable reviews on here.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  10. deepred

deepred Member

I've read the external reviews on IMDB and both were pretty bad - they said that the puppets don't do anything really until the final act of the movie and the rest of it is mostly a melodrama about a crippled boy who wants to fight in the war. :nervous: Also, looking at the trailer - the puppets do not look the same at all and when they are all together at the end of the trailer - they do not even look proportionate to one another. I'll stick with the 1st 4. After David Allen left the franchise, the magic was gone IMHO.

11. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Saw Axis of Evil last night and was unimpressed. Don't see how people on here could like it. It was a really slow and boring movie where not a lot happens. The Puppets get little screen time and when we do see them they're running about or just moving. The fact that there is no stop motion really lets the film down too. The puppets come across as cheep. I think there was maybe four puppet induced deaths in this movie and they weren't too impressive.

Another thing that bugged me was that it seemed every scene was accompanied by a fade-out which made the movie seem amateurish and eventually became annoying.

The characters were rather dull as was the story. There was no real supernatural element that the first two films seemed have. The Asian character was quite annoying with her pausing between each word which had me irritated and the Nazi's weren't very threatening like those from Part 3.

Was hopping for a much better film than what this turned out to be. Would not recommend it.

12. TheDreamMaster

TheDreamMaster New Member

I also saw Axis of Evil, and color me unimpressed. I know this series isn't exactly great as a whole, but I'm thinking the first three were a fluke.

13. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Even parts 4 and 5 had a great quality to them that is missing in all the instalments that come after.

14. deepred

deepred Member

I received the original on blu today. When you first put in the blu-ray - they have that full moon advertisement that is before all their dvds. You know the montage of clips from all their movies with the quality of a heavy pixelated vhs bootleg print advertising full moon direct. Kinda funny to put in a blu-ray and have it start with an advertisement with such awful picture quality for even a VHS but the movie itself is the best it's ever looked. I wouldn't call it blu-ray great but since we never got PM on dvd looking better than a VHS transfer - I would say the jump is like from VHS to a very good looking DVD. The trailers on the disc, especially the original PM trailer, look really bad - probably worse than how they looked on the dvds. The making of feature doesn't look bad though - pretty much looks standard def. The new axis of evil trailer and Charles Band's intro (complete with police sirens and the sound of a helicopter in the background) are high def looking. Too bad, axis of evil's trailer looks even worse in HD. I can't believe how atrocious the new puppets are.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  15. Katatonia

I recieved my two replacement Blu-rays in the mail today. Haven't had time to check out the correct 5.1 audio yet, but I'll post back when I have.

Full Moon may at times be slow to ship during their big sales, but I have to admit that their customer service is top-notch and they've always helped me out with any problems!

16. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Anyone know if Full Moon is planning anymore blu-rays?

I bought the Puppet Master blu-ray and I'd love to see some of their other titles hit the format (like Subspecies).

17. Katatonia

CB stated (somewhere) that they were planning on remastering the older Full Moon movies in the near future, and these would include Blu-ray releases.

18. Katatonia

On a related note, Perseverance Records will release a Puppet Master 5-CD box set containing the Richard Band original soundtracks. They are working directly with Richard Band on the set, so it should be quite nice.

You can now pre-order it for $39.95 (on sale until 11/27) direct: http://store.fortytwotradingco.com/pumasocobox.html

Limited to 2000 copies. Includes a 28-page booklet.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  19. Katatonia

Just a heads-up to everyone that the Puppet Master 5-CD Soundtracks Boxset is now shipping from Perseverence Records. I should receive my copy shortly.

It is limited to 2000 copies, which will probably be available for some time. I would expect it to sell out sometime in the future however.

20. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I should've watched the first 3 films again before writing my review of Axis. I knew some footage was re-used, but not nearly as much as I do now that I revisited the first film. Or there's the fact that part 3 takes place 3 years after Toulon killed himself in the first film, yet he's there.
    Of course my screener Blu is 2.0, doubt I can get a replacment and really doubt I care to, I'm already offering this for trades.