28 Weeks Later...

Discussion in 'General' started by Agent Z, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Unless the thread title for it is completely vague and hidden, I can't find (nor believe) that a discussion hasn't been threaded for this one yet. If someone knows of the other thread, please pm me for hyde's home number, and be sure to call him in the early morning hours to merge said threads. Thanks.

Moving right along...

[​IMG]

Britain has been emptied. There's nobody there. It's completely dead. And six months later the Americans arrive to reboot it back up again. But, of course, something goes wrong...

2. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Awesome :)

3. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

With the absence of Danny Boyle, I'm a little apprehensive about this one. I haven't heard a thing about any of those writers who are attatched to it either. And when you got four different names credited as writers for the screenplay, thats usually a bad sign. While I'm a Robert Carlyle fan, I'm going to have to wait for a review before I make a decision on seeing it in the theaters or not. I heard that a trailer for this is played before "The Hills Have Eyes 2."

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  4. Agent Z

Agent Z "Get to the river...

Yes, but you can sneak a peek in the meantime.

5. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Man, they don't really give you much there, do they?

6. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

No Danny Boyle or Cillian Murphy? I don't think so ...

7. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

The no Danny Boyle thing is killing my excitement for this one but I'm sure I'll rent it or something.

8. shift

shift Hot as shit!

Oh hell yea!!

9. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

Well, Boyle is executive producer on the sequel and he says that the story for the sequel has a very good idea to it. And I heard Naomie Harris was asked about the sequel while doing press for Miami Vice and she said she was open to coming back, if the producers asked her. Or either she started filming Pirates of the Caribbean 3 or the producers never called her back.

It seems very promising even without the same director or stars on board. And it has Catherine McCormack and Rose Byrne in addition to Robert Cartyle, so it does have a good cast. And the poster is just kickass, in the style of the first, I might add.

10. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

I likes that poster.

11. Alan Smithee

Alan Smithee Member

So now they're remaking Land Of The Dead?

12. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

I don't see any specific similarity to Land of the Dead, but maybe I'm missing something.

13. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

OK,here you are:):
    http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=23948

14. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

Since some of you guys have seen "The Hills Have Eyes 2", can any of you give a detailed description of the trailer? I saw the teaser footage from the actual trailer on the Fox Atomic website, and my interest was piqued.

I just didn't harbor a desire to go see THHE 2, that's all. Haven't seen the remake of the first film either, but will eventually.

I also heard that the first draft of the sequel was written by Rowan Joffe and rewritten by director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo and his friends Jesus Olmo and Enrique Lopez-Lavigne, when Fresnadillo signed on to direct the film. Also, can anyone confirm if John Murphy is scoring the sequel too?

15. Luna

Luna Guest

That IS a damn good poster. I'll be seeing this one for sure.

16. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

Saw the trailer today -- didn't have to go see it at THHE 2 showing -- and it actually looks pretty good. Although I'm confused as to how the virus spreads again -- is it by air now? It would make sense if that woman who's exposed to the virus (but not directly infected) and a problem with the air conditioning system accidentally vents the used air into the quarantined area.

And it looks to be R-rated like the first. Good on Fox Atomic.

17. Number Six

Number Six I am not a number...

The absence of Boyle doesn't matter much to me when his replacement is the awesome Juan Carlos Fresnadillo. Any of you see Intacto? JCF has a great eye and can create tension amazingly well.

18. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

That poster reminds me of the game Red Faction.

19. mclay18

mclay18 New Member

There's some uncut footage from "28 Weeks Later" available on the official Fox Atomic website (registration is free and you have to verify your age in order to view these scenes), and there are 2 available now. The first is a "training montage" and the second is "Infected attack".

The first one is just a useless montage, but the second bit of footage is excellent and consistent with the 28 minute preview Coming Soon! got (meaning it's from the beginning of the movie). It's a couple of minutes long, where Robert Cartyle and Catherine McCormack are shacked up with a family during the initial outbreak (before the virus is spread again), and the Infected raid the house (in broad daylight, no less!). The scene rivals the final attack in the mansion in 28 Days Later in terms of intensity and ferocity.

My expectations are getting higher for this film. I hope the final product is really good.

20. Darga

Darga Narcissistic Personality

Finally caught Intacto the other night and it was really good. I'm definitely looking forward to 28 Weeks Later.