31 days of horror: Track your October movies here

Discussion in 'General' started by maskull, Sep 27, 2006.

1. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

October 1st: The start of the month that Halloween falls in. There's going to be new horror movies in theatres, probably plenty of new DVDs to buy....

So which horror flick will you watch to celebrate the start of the sacred month?

I think I shall start off with Silver Bullet. It's one I usually watch near the start of the month and I've been kinda feeling the need to watch it lately.

2. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

For some reason... I always watch Graveyard Shift... stephen king one... I remember back in them early 90's when this would come on HBO or some shit... and Tales from the Crypt episodes would come on after it... oh those days... :(

3. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I have a list and I haven't narrowed down horror number one yet. It is looking like A Nightmare on Elm Street or The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, but I am not sure yet.

At any rate, I am happy to see this thread ready to go for the October Horror Movie Marathon. Here's to good Halloween viewing with no stinkers to spoil the fun.

4. Roo

Roo Member

The Children. Bad transfer, fun movie.

5. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

Not sure, but you can track my progress and find out the answer here after the fact.:)

It all depends on my mood that day, and what discs I have out from the library, just bought, and/or feel the need to watch, etc.

6. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    Gearing up. This year I think I'll actually try to see films I've never seen before...for better or for worse. Remakes, however, are still not on my "to-view" list. :)

7. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I've been watching much horror recently...but I've bought a few new titles recently (and have a few more to get) and I do plan on saving them for October. I think I'll really mix it up this year, with stuff I've seen and stuff I haven't watched in awhile.

This is going to be a blast. Haven't decided which film comes first though.

8. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I'm not going to plan out my October viewing but I will definitely squeeze in Dawn of the Dead and Carrie--my two favorite movies of all-time--on October 31st.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2006
  9. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

I'm going to get all my favorites this year---Texas Chainsaw, Dawn, The Exorcist, and Night of the Living Dead. Of those four I only saw NOTLD last year. I'll probably try to fit Cannibal Holocaust in there someplace.

I'm always watching horror movies so I probably won't watch any more than usual, but I try to save my favorites for Halloween or other special times.
    Rob Zombie's show on TCM is starting up Oct 13 and they're airing some real good ones--most of which I already have on DVD [though not all] but I plan on watching them anyway.

Just wish I wasn't in school so I could just watch movies every night. Can't wait to get to the days where the only big responsibility I have is work.

10. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Besides the usual stuff and my traditional triple features (final two October weeks) I'm trying to squeeze in more vintage horror this October. Got quite a few sitting on my shelf. I won't be watching summer-themed horror like Jaws or Friday the 13th. Sorry Jason, but you will be banned throughout October.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  11. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

My ghoulfriend is visiting Oct. 19-24, and she said she wants to watch "scary movies" becaue October is her favorite month. She is not a Horror buff and can't handle too much gore (I'd love to show her Suspiria, but I'm afraid that stabbing scene in the beginning might turn her off). So, I am planning out some fun October fright flicks for her then.

Any suggestions? She said she likes it when "scary films have stories to them," so I'm ruling out kids-in-a-cabin, kids-get-attacked-by-zombies-in-the-cabin films.

Probably go with Wicker Man (original), then Rosemary's baby. Not sure what else.

12. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Member

I watched Mother's Day the other night (good ole Ike and Adley) and The Shocking Truth on the new TCM disc last night. I plan on watching many more soon.... I think TCM (old and new), Friday the 13th, Halloween (of course), High Tension and some good cheese like slumber party massacre will be on my list of movies to watch real soon.

As far as movies for the girlfriend who like stories, maybe the Omen might be good for her. I would even try Halloween and TCM since they don't have loads of gore and blood and both are classics.

13. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I would say it's a toss up between Cannibal Holocaust, Nekromantik and Murder Set Pieces. Report back with the results.

14. Workshed

Ha! Good call on Halloween. Duh.

Sonuva...! :fire:

15. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

:lol:

16. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Having just seen a stage production of Titus Andronicus, I'm now in a mood to see Theater of Blood with Vincent Price. That is pretty girlfriend-friendly, if she's at all familiar with Shakespeare.

17. Workshed

Aside from all that, here is my current Netflix queue for the upcoming month (for my personal viewing, except for Lady in White, which I think might work with the gf):

The Woods
    Feast
    Slither
    The Changeling
    Lady in White
    House of the Dead
    (Because of all the discussion on here about it, I feel like I have to watch it!)
    C.H.U.D.
    They Live
    Zombie
    Zombie Honeymoon
    The Lair of the White Worm
    The Tenant
    Equinox
    Dead & Breakfast
    Pet Sematary

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  18. Workshed

Thanks, Paff! No luck on Netflix, but I'll try to hunt it down and my local brick-and-mortars.

19. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

Once Midnight hits on Oct. 1, I'll be putting in Street Trash, first viewing.

20. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

You're in for a treat. I remember my first viewing of "Street Trash" many, many moons ago and not knowing anything about the movie before I watched it, made for a memorable experience.

"Air Support!"