5 Freddy VS. Jason Clips

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Paul0889, Jul 27, 2003.

1. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

It's a lost argument, I've asked that question many times and nobody gives a good answer.

2. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

One of the reasons I like Kane is because he seems crazy. That's the kind of person I'd want playing him.

3. indiephantom

indiephantom Horny Spirit

I hate knowing anything about the guy playing Jason, including what he looks like...Kane Hodder seems obnoxious in the interviews I've seen him in and destroys the illusion. I'm glad it's someone new. You could learn to do what he does in ten minutes. There is nothing remotely challenging about it.

Nick Castle was awesome, though. Gotta love that guy.:banana:

4. Agentsusp

Agentsusp Member

Hodder was "passionate about the role" because by identifying himself with the Friday films he was able to make more money by booking himself at lame convention appearances and signing autographs for people like you instead of being a face less stunt person like he is.

Anyone can play the role, the reason they didn't get Hodder is because he probably wanted some ridiculous amount of money. The whole reason this movie was made was because both characters have fans, otherwise they wouldn't be able to make money off it. So it was in fact made for "fans"

5. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I'll be at one of those "lame convention appearances" in a few weeks.

I'll be enjoying myself. :D

6. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

I just saw the tv spot last night. One interesting scene is when this kid threw water at Jason, probably thinking he'll melt or something. And then Jason did something but it cut to the next clip. Seems cool.

7. Agentsusp

Agentsusp Member

The convention itself isn't lame, having the guy who plays Jason at the convention is lame.

8. r_burgos2003

r_burgos2003 Guest

Well, Jason has been played by many people. Kane was a legend at it. They said he couldn't be in it because they wanted someone taller and (a little bit) skinner. I ask you, can't they airbrush him like they did J-Ho's Ass-ets? They got computers that can digitally make him taller

9. Agentsusp

Agentsusp Member

Or instead of spending money on CGI to make Kane Hodder look taller and thinner they could just hire a taller and thinner actor because it makes no difference who is behind the mask at all.

10. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I would've much rathered see Kane do it again, he lived and breathed Jason IMO. He's also a really nice guy too, very friendly and fun to take pictures with.:D

11. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

I'll still never believe that just because a character's face is covered up that he/she/it could be played by anyone.

12. studio1

studio1 Member

Dude, change the record!!!

13. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

On the contrary, the reason this script was greenlit was because it WAS the movie the fans wanted. It didn't involve a damn boxing match or a character named "Boogerman" or Freddy cults or any of that shit like past scripts that were considered. New Line chose this one because of its more simple, fan-pleasing nature, from what I hear.

Also, from what I hear (i refuse to give or even want to know spoilers involving this movie) there are plenty of nods for the fans. Jeff Katz, from New Line Cinema has told us over at the Friday the 13th Message board that there is a particularly awesome nod to Friday the 13th Part 2, that he wants to see if the people at the board will catch.

People at the board who attended test screenings say that both Freddy and Jason get equal time in the spotlight in the film, so for those of you who are worrying that Freddy is "New Line's baby" and will get the bigger props, can indeed stop worrying. It's split right down the middle.

They say Freddy's dark. They say he's scary. They say Jason is a badass. Check out the boards over at fridaythe13thfilms.com sometime, and I think many of the unfounded fears some of you are having will disappear.

Incidentally, over at the Friday board, we were told that Don Coscarelli (director of the Phantasm series) attended a screening of Freddy vs. Jason (I think the one in Vegas on the 30th of July, but i'm not sure) and LOVED the film. WWE's "The Hurricane" also recently and enjoyed the film at a screening, saying "Great gore!" (WWE's Chris Jericho...a huge horror nut...also visited the film's set last fall when the WWE was in Canada.)

This is looking more and more to be the movie we all want it to be. For goodness sakes, this is Freddy vs Jason, and it's FINALLY happening in less than two weeks! :D

14. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Well, a friend of mine up in Indianapolis got us tickets to an early/sneak preview screening of Freddy vs Jason this Thursday night. :) I'm pretty excited, but kind of hesitant (all my other friends i have lined up to go with me on August 15th will be pissed if they find out I saw it before they did).

Ah well, this is the only time i've ever had an opportunity to see an early screening of a movie, and I can't pass it up. Plus, the ending won't be attached, so it'll still give me a chance to see something new on the 15th. :)

15. Nyghtfall

Nyghtfall Guest

This surprises you?

Personally, I couldn't care less about the battle between Freddy and Jason. I just enjoy seeing how many different ways the FX department come up with for killing off a bunch of teens. To that point, you can be sure I'll be checking out screenit.com for the list of on-screen death scenes before I even consider plunking $9 for this film.

The irony is that Screenit.com is a web site designed to help parents decide what movies might be safe for their children to watch, or are worth seeing it all. There are around 12 different categories rated by intensity, with a blow-by-blow description of what happens in the movie corresponding to each category. I've used the site for a little over two years now, to determine whether a horror/mystery/action film might be worth seeing. I pay special attention to the Violence category. If I've already decided the movie's going to hold no interest for me, I'll check the Violence category for any on-screen deaths I might want to see on the big screen.

If the movie looks promising, regardless, then any on-screen deaths are merely an added bonus for me.

I've saved countless hours and $$$ on bad movies that way.

;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2003
  16. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

I somewhat agree. But maybe that is because the movies where Hodder played Jason, I hated. Those were definitely the worst of the series, IMO.

17. onebyone

onebyone Guest

These clips make me wary, but I don't care. At all. I am all over this movie, they would have to cast Busta Rhymes at the last minute to ruin it for me.

However, I got to say, count me in the pissed off they fired Kane club. When I think of Jason, he comes to mind. He was by far the best in my not so humble opinion.

18. Nyghtfall

Nyghtfall Guest

Give me a break... how difficult it is it look menacing in a hockey mask, while wielding a machete? Hulk Hogan could be cast and no one would be the wiser.

19. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

You'd be suprised.

Besides, I think him ripping his shirt off and doing the ear thing would be a dead giveaway.

20. TheShape

TheShape Member

There's another reason that can explain Hodder's absence from the film.

Freddy vs Jason, like many other Hollywood productions, was shot in Canada. The reason is strictly financial. Canada gives tax benefits and all sorts of deductions that make filming there less expensive.

The same kind of tax benefits apply to all canadian cast and crew working in the movie. If you look at the cast listed on the Freddy vs Jason official site, there are at least 4 out of 9 listed that are canadians. This is not just a coincidence. Ken Kirzinger, who replaced Hodder as Jason, is Canadian.

New Line says it wanted someone taller and more slim to play the role. That might be true, since that tax benefit theory of mine is still just that: a theory (but based on some interesting evidence). Ken Kirzinger is indeed taller than Kane Hodder, 6'5'' vs 6'3''. You can clearly see the height difference between the two in the diner scene from Friday the 13th part 8 when Jason (Hodder) throws the cook (Kirzinger) over the counter. Kind of a backward revenge for Hodder. Take that for getting my role!

But the irony is that Jason is listed as being 6'3'' on the official F vs J website, not 6'5''...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2003