80's vhs horror

Discussion in 'General' started by boycrieswolf, Jan 28, 2008.

1. boycrieswolf

boycrieswolf Guest

Hey everyone, I was browsing through a second-hand store where I live and stumbled upon some obscure 80's tapes. I did use the search feature but didn't find any info....I found a copy of a movie from 1981 called Forever Evil. It looks like it might be a good time and I was just wondering if anyone here has seen it and if it comes recomended or if it's just shite. Also found a movie on vhs called The Talisman (Full Moon) and Amityville:The Curse. Any info and/or feedback is much appreciated. Thanks!!!:)

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Forever Evil is out on DVD (it was made for VHS originally), and includes an extended version of the film as well as the original video cut. It's a decent low-budget 80's cheesefest, I enjoyed it.

The Talisman was from the late 90's, and rather forgettable.

Amityville: The Curse was okay...from what I even remember of it. I think it was based on a Hans Holzer novel about Amityville.

3. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Amityville: The Curse is part 5 of the series. Might be worth picking up for collectable purposes only since it wasn't released on R1 DVD. It's also probably known for being the least favorite of the Amityville "series".

4. boycrieswolf

boycrieswolf Guest

Cool. Thanks so much guys!

5. boycrieswolf

boycrieswolf Guest

At that same store I found a dvd of a movie called "The Johnsons" with some weird little monster guy on the cover. It looks pretty cheesy, but they wanted like 15 bucks for it...? Is it hard to come by? Is it any good?

6. booper71

booper71 Lord of the Thighs.

Johnsons is a good b-movie fun, although not as cool as the cover implies, worth picking up but you could get it alot less on Ebay.

7. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

I'd still like to find a copy of Blood Beach, which sadly isn't out on DVD.

8. Vlachio

Vlachio Guest

They wanted $15 what the hell? Is this a store liquidating they're videos or what? More info would be appreciated. If I were you I wouldn't buy a dam thing. That price is ridiculous! Here is your movie on amazon going for 88 cents!

http://www.amazon.com/Johnsons-Coll...=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=video&qid=1201655463&sr=1-8

9. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I liked it, it is definitely a different little film to say the least. It's a Dutch-made film, but was actually written by Americans, one being Roy Frumkes of Street Trash fame. I grabbed it on ebay years ago for only a couple of bucks brand new. It's long OOP, but I don't know if it's really worth $15.

10. dolemite

dolemite New Member

A video store near me is finally liquidating their horror vhs. Have bought over fifty by now. Got Terrorvision, Day of the Beast, Santa Sangre, Humanoids from the Deep and a whole bunch of random stuff.
    The only one so far I haven't been able to get through is Biker Zombies.

11. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I love finding out of print or hard to find VHS tapes. I just found a few big boxes at my local Goodwill and snatched them up for $.69 each.

12. Mattapooh

Mattapooh Member

Humanoids from the Deep? Nice job!

13. boycrieswolf

boycrieswolf Guest

Yeah, this store that I'm talking about is a record store/head shop that just happens to have a pretty large selection of used movies. The prices are very unpredictable, up and down. The Johnsons=$15.99 Underworld Evolution=$1.99.....????WTF? I haven't picked anything up from there in a while, but I'm always checking for old movies/oddities...thanks to everyone for the info!

14. ArrowBeach

ArrowBeach Active Member

15. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I got this from a torrent website last week. Is that bad?

16. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Any idea when Blood Beach is getting released though? I've been waiting a damn long time.

17. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

I've been waiting for that one too. I almost bought a bootleg, a couple of years ago, but decided to hold off.

18. Blood Beach? Code Red tried getting the rights, but the rights holder wouldn't let them do it. Supposedly the guy wanted quite a big offer, or at least one from a major company.

19. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

I wonder what ever happened to the rights to Media Home Entertainment's catalog...They had put out quite a few horror films, including Blood Beach. Seems like I had read once that New Line owned their catalog but maybe I'm just thinking of the partnership that produced Nightmare on Elm Street...

20. I believe Media's catalog is all over the place, and owned by different companies.