88 Films Classic Slasher Line

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by thing, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

That is pretty lame that they're forcing foreign customers to mail it back... that's expensive. It might just be cheaper to order it through their website if they can confirm the correct pressing will be shipped.

They should ask for "proof" that it was purchased, I can understand that, but there's no need to go through the hassle of sending it back.

I'm still waiting to get mine from Amazon UK... should be here any day though. I would assume all copies are defective, since they've said "reinstated for the second pressing".

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    Zombie Dude likes this.
  2. f.ramses

f.ramses sociopath

Lame or not it is a variant that wouldn't cost anything or take up any space, they're nice to have and getting to keep it would also eliminate the need for anyone to be concerned about the shipping cost for international customers since there wouldn't be any.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  3. Katatonia

Update on the disc replacement:

https://www.facebook.com/88-Films-383888771627738/?fref=nf

zbinks likes this.
  4. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update Katatonia. I purchased my copy from Amazon UK and now I don't have to bother shipping the disc back to 88 films.

5. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I assumed they'd likely change the replacement program due to complaints. That's happened in the past too from what I remember. Glad to see they sorted it out for everyone.

6. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Kim Bruun likes this.
  7. Katatonia

A user on the Blu-ray.com forum also confirmed that the missing footage from the Code Red release is present on the 88 Films release, so it sounds like 88 Films have a winner here. My pre-order is "Shipping today" from Amazon UK, and it'll just be $13.46 shipped, so I can't complain.

Interesting that the transfers/colors are quite different...

Has anyone had any further news on the Splatter University replacement discs? :confused: I know they posted on Facebook that they received the spindle and are now shipping them out, but I've never received any reply or confirmation. I resent the email from a few weeks ago, so hopefully I'll hear something back.

8. CPT HOOK

Mine shipped a few hours ago from Amazon as well (same price, as it was part of a bigger order that I already received). Almost cancelled since Code Red threw a little fit demanding they region lock it, so I'm relieved it's region free. It's crazy that you can import a blu-ray from the UK for less than half of what Code Red charges for theirs. 88 should have better encoding too, I'd imagine it's a dual-layer disc over Code Red's single-layer one. I doubt I'll watch the Code Red extras again, so might end up selling mine.

As for the Splatter University replacement, I haven't received any contact (wasn't expecting any, I believe they said on Facebook that there were too many to reply to personally). Does "spindle" mean we'll just be receiving a disc in a sleeve ala Halloween 4? Hope it survives the trip across the Atlantic! At the very least, I hope they stick it in a CD jewel case or something.

9. Katatonia

Really? :cool: LOL, I must have missed that in the Code Red threads. Well, people can get it fully uncut across the sea now at least, and cheaper like you said.

They did mention on Facebook that they would be emailing out "confirmation" shipping notices though. I hope they send them out in a replacement red BD case. The ones that were released with this and Bloodsucking Pharaohs in Pittsburgh were cheaper flimsier red cases than the others, and they've since caught that error in the production line for those two titles.

"spindle" as in they received the replacement discs all on spindles from the press. Probably 100 or so on a spindle, just like you'd buy a Verbatim BD-R spindle.

10. russweiss

Anthropophagous blu-ray is on sale for about $15.00 at 88 films website. Quite a few of their other blu-rays are also this price.

http://www.88films.co.uk/

11. CPT HOOK

I just received a confirmation email, so they are coming.

12. Katatonia

Same, just got the email earlier.

13. russweiss

I sent them an email on November fifth and also just received a response this morning. At least they are honoring replacing the bad discs.

14. russweiss

My replacement Splatter University disc arrived today.

15. Katatonia

Got mine in the mail today...

Has anybody found anywhere that sells "red" HD Slim (non-eco) Blu-ray replacement cases? I'd like to replace this case and the Bloodsucking Pharaohs in Pittsburgh one...which are the cheaper flimsier kind and have now been replaced according to 88 Films.

16. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Looks like 88 is selling them on their website. They are cheap but it'll cost around $8 to ship to the US.

http://88-films.myshopify.com/products/red-blu-ray-case

Katatonia likes this.
  17. Katatonia

Thanks... eh that kind of kills it then with the shipping costs. I might just try to find some stateside.

There are PS3 "red" 14mm Blu-ray cases that can be found, but I'm pretty sure these are standard 12mm cases that 88 uses.

18. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

19. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

If you have the 88 release of Nightmares in a damaged brain, keep hold of it, if you need it, better move quick, it seems they may have released it without the BBFC ok, as it's been removed from sale immediately, amazon and hmv removed item yesterday, may be available on some websites, but should imagine this will dry up very quickly.

20. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Interesting. Glad I picked mine up, I already had the code red Blu but double dipped for the extra footage.