88 Films Classic Slasher Line

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by thing, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Vortex

Vortex Member

Yep, proof that any moron can get such things. The commentary on The Car is one of the most pathetic things I've ever heard.

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Anyone notice on the listings for Slaughterhouse, Splatter University, and Mother's Day on Amazon UK that it says "Sorry, we can't deliver this item to the United States"?

I have Slaughterhouse and Splatter University pre-ordered, so hopefully they are locked in. Slaughterhouse should be shipping out Monday. Hopefully this won't affect my orders.

3. gobad2003

gobad2003 Active Member

Yes, I have noticed this also :confused: But I have them locked in like you so hopefully it doesn't effect them.:(

4. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

Diabolik DVD have Slaughterhouse in stock, for those of us who hate to import. There's so much that can go wrong with buying stuff from overseas, I'd rather pay extra dollar or two and get it from a US dealer, except Diabolik is charging about the same price it'll cost if you were buying it from Amazon UK after conversion so it's a win-win.

5. CPT HOOK

With shipping and the conversion, Diabolik is about $9 more than my Amazon UK pre-order.

6. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

This. At checkout I think all the 88 films were only 11 pounds? Then shipping of course...

7. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

I shop Diabolik but its my experience that they are often nearly double the price and I have yet to have an issue importing from Amazon UK and Amazon DE.

8. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

I just got through chatting with Amazon UK about this "cannot deliver to the United States" shit because I have Slaugterhouse, Mother's Day and Don't Go in the Woods all pre-ordered and the person I spoke to said they couldn't understand whay that disclaimer was on the product page because he could not see any restrictions from his end and was refering the problem to the people that handle those types of issues.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  9. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

I just ordered slaughterhouse from amazon.uk. (Didn't notice a disclaimer) and the order went through...hopefully it won't get cancelled!

10. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I think it's just a mistake on there. My pre-order of Slaughterhouse is in the shipping stage now.

If the order went through okay, you're good.

11. CPT HOOK

Sweet, just looked and mine has as well! :banana:

12. elDomenechHDG

1 copy of Slaughterhouse shipped from Amazon UK to the US after conversion: $23.64
    1 copy of Slaughterhouse from Diabolik DVD (shipping not included): $23.99

OK, Diabolik ships everything Priority Mail so that adds $5.50 to the final price but I think it's worth the extra dough. I get it in 3 days as opposed to 2 and a half weeks (if I'm lucky).

What was Amazon UK's preorder price? I forgot to factor in a low preorder price but I still think 14 GBP (the current asking price) is fairly low.

13. Katatonia

The price (with shipping included) that went through on my debit card from Amazon UK was $22.41. The cheapest price Slaughterhouse has been is £10.46 (minus VAT)

As for Diabolik actually shipping anything out in a timely manner anymore... it's a toss up. My last order from them, which wasn't even an exclusive or anything, took a week to even get shipped out.

14. eric_angelus

eric_angelus Testacular

Yep. Just got my shipping notice!

15. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Got an email from Amazon UK that Don't Go in the Woods was pushed back till March 9. Yeah, fuck that. Does anything release on time anymore? Cancelled the order and am just going to order these directly from 88 Films website which has them all in stock. I heard they're pretty quick shipping to the US.

16. Katatonia

No clue, but 88 Films releases are almost always delayed at least once in my experience...at least on Amazon UK.

I love 88 Films releases, but I'm just sticking with the Vinegar Syndrome release of that one, since it actually seems to be slightly superior as far as the extras go.

17. CPT HOOK

Definitely, plus you can get most Vinegar Syndrome releases for under $15 here in the US.

18. Angelman

Got Slaughterhouse on Blu today. LOVE the reversible artwork (I hate the "18" marring the artwork, the reversible cover takes care of that). Love the red case. A+ for packaging. Can't wait to check it out.

19. elDomenechHDG

Skimmed thru the first 10 minutes of Slaughterhouse like I do with every new BD I buy - LOVED what I saw and now can't wait to watch the rest of the film this weekend. It gave off a vibe I hadn't experienced since I was a kid watching this stuff on video. How the heck did I ever miss this one? Great-looking release, too. And based on the trailer reel I ordered 3 more titles from 88: Two Moon Junction, Dollman and Blood Sucking Freaks. All look like fun movies. Skipping Don't Go In the Woods, though. Terrible film.

20. Angelman

Based off Slaughterhouse I preordered Splatter University and Boogeyman.