88 Films to Launch 88 Asia Line

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Apr 8, 2016.

1. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I always say you have to watch a film yourself to see if you like it. Suicide mentions weirdo gore scenes but there was very little of that. Worst for me was the cop out ending. I'm a huge fan of Shaw Brothers and Asian films in general but this one just disappointed.

Angelman likes this.
  2. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

The Chinese back catalog horror genre is completely new to me. Picked up Seeding Of A Ghost based solely on the cover art, which I thought was phenomenally creepy-looking. I'm sure the film will turn out to be some really weird, fucked-up movie with very little actual horror lol. If I'm even remotely impressed by this I'll look into grabbing the other three.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Let us know what you think. I'm in the same boat and have never seen these movies before but think the covers look pretty creepy and weird. I might have to see if I can find them online to watch first before committing to a purchase.

elDomenechHDG likes this.
  4. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

DVD Beaver reviews Killer Constable: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film6/blu-ray_reviews_75/killer_constable_blu-ray.htm

"Killer Constable is superior Wushu. It is one of the better realized martial arts films with strong plots points, great characters and more. I knew of the reputation of Killer Constable yet I was still very positively surprised by my viewing. I wish I could watch it again for the first time and will definitely revisit in the future. The 88 Films Blu-ray provides an excellent, and appreciated, a/v presentation with the commentary and booklet adding further value. This is easy to put in the 'must-own' category for lovers of the genre as well as any world-cinema fans - it's that good! Very strongly recommended!"

Steel76 likes this.
  5. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

DVD Beaver reviews Five Element Ninjas: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film6/blu-ray_reviews_76/five_element_ninjas_blu-ray.htm

"Five Elements Ninjas is delightfully over-the-top. It loaded with action and some uncharacteristic gore. Martial Arts fans should love this pace and well-choreographed fight scenes. The 88 Films Blu-ray provides a pretty sweet a/v presentation with a valuable commentary. I'm not crazy about the cover but was genuinely impressed with the film and my HD viewing. I think it should be strongly considered - excellent value at the price offered."