88 Films to Launch 88 Asia Line

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by zbinks, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

This post was made 3 years ago, but I'm wondering if you guys ever got around to seeing Seeding of a Ghost.

I love that movie, and it hopscotches the genres I love in HK film (although I think it's mainland, right?). All it needed was a great kung-fu scene to be complete. The first third is all Cat III softcore. Gorgeous girl running topless through the surf in slow motion? Yes please. Then it becomes a cop film for some reason. Finally, it turns into the most batshit horror scenes ever thrown on film. You just can't beat it.

russweiss and Steel76 like this.
  2. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I watched the blu-ray a little over a month ago. It had been about 25 years since my last viewing which was on Hong Kong laserdisc (I think) and I didn't recall much about it. I was suprised at the amount of nudity. There were several full nude scenes. The creature finale reminded me of Deadly Spawn. This one has a nice transfer and I would imagine most horror fans enjoying it or at least getting a kick out of it.

3. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

4. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

5. russweiss

The limited editions of Story of Ricky and Robotrix are now available to purchase. Rather expensive if you live outside the UK.

https://88-films.myshopify.com/

Steel76 likes this.
  6. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm rather annoyed with the Brexit shit.
    I used to buy movies every month, directly from 88, Arrow, Eureka etc.
    But now it's just too damn expensive to import. I might pick them up at a sale later on.

Katatonia and russweiss like this.
  7. russweiss

I used to order frequently from the UK as well. Mostly from Amazon but also Arrow and 88. I still place orders with Eureka because they offer free shipping even on international orders. With the other companies it has become so expensive that I generally either place pre-orders with Diabolik or wait and see if I can find the title on Ebay. The price was a bit over $44 a piece for the Story of Ricky and Robotrix but I'm a sucker for the limited editions and didn't want to take my chances later on. The worst thing is I already own two blu-ray releases for Story of Ricky as well as a blu-ray and DVD for Robotrix.

gobad2003, Katatonia and Steel76 like this.
  8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

No kidding, UK shipping has gone through the roof for most places.

Orbit DVD are also really great, and get a lot of UK (and other) Imports in. They ship things very well packed in boxes, and in my experience are every bit as good as Diabolik.

Steel76 and gobad2003 like this.
  9. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I live in the UK and I think it's shipping in general, I used to order from the USA but not anymore, prices have gone mad, Amazon US charge nearly 10 pound to ship one blu ray, that's fucking crazy! I know the US postal service have been charging the UK postal service for transporting items within the US, So they had to put the price up, I suspect they put them all up at the same time?

Steel76 likes this.
  10. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Same here, but thankfully the stores over here imports the movies. Not as cheap as it used to be, but still cheaper than order directly from the US.
    I do miss out on the exclusives goodies, but I can live without slipcases and posters.

hots4 likes this.
  11. russweiss

The two 88 blu-rays I just ordered cost £16 shipping. One of the reasons I've been avoiding overseas orders. I was ordering from Amazon Germany and Italy for a while and stopped that as well.