"A Blade in the Dark"!

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Joel Groce, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Joel Groce

Joel Groce Guest

Damn I loved this film - there was one murder scene in there that was absolutely fucking brutal man - and it kept going and going...

Actually many many good scenes - lovers of giallo have probably already seen this and know what I'm talking about - but I had to say I was mightily impressed. Obviously , Lamberto Bava absorbed many key ideas from work with his father and Argento as there are many expressive touches paintbrushed on the screen. And I love the cover art here - with the hand that looks like it could just crush that woman's face. [​IMG]

2. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Yea that is a badass cover.

3. mcchrist

mcchrist A new breed of pervert!

I can't remember if I've ever seen this or not. I'm fairly sure I did...

4. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

This was released by Lightning Video back in the days? Yeah, I've seen it. Pretty creepy flick.

5. I'm a huge giallo and Bava Jr. fan but this film was a little underwhelming. It had all the right elements and a great story but failed to really make an impact. It could have used some quicker pacing and a little more gore and sleaze. It's a fairly tame film considering who was involved in making it. Not a bad film, just not an excellent one either.

6. speanroc

speanroc I WANNA BAN

it was also if memory serves was released on "vestron" also

7. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

I love this movie, that murder scene is really effective.
    :eek1: :banana:

8. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

bathroom murder = one of the best ever

9. Fart Lighter

Fart Lighter Guest

this is the first of Lamberto Bava's efforts I really didn't like. I found it too dull and predictable. SHame, as I'd been looking forward to seeing it for a long time. Oh well...

10. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

I thought Blade in the Dark was a decent flick, aside from the bad dubbing and nonsensical dialogue that plague the film. There are also some long stretches where nothing happens that I found a bit boring. It has some cool murders and a decent story though.

11. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

Isn't that the one that has a scene involving a brick near the end? That part was hilarious to me, it just came out of nowhere and caught me off gaurd I guess. I liked A Blade in the Dark, but I felt like there was a little something missing, it wasn't as good as it could've been. Still pretty good though.

12. Fart Lighter

Fart Lighter Guest

there's two versions of this. It was shot as a TV miniseries, and AB's release just cobbles the episodes together. The EC disk presents the 'film' cut, which is a bit better paced, but still far from great.

13. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I've been meaning to see this, and I guess this is as good an indication as any that ti's time to pick it up.

14. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I thought it was a pretty good movie too, although not one of the best Gialli I've ever seen. It's not the length, it just doesn't seem to flow as smoothly as it could. I'm interested in seeing that "film cut", as long as the violence is intact.

But yeah, there are definitely some good murders in this one, and if you buy movies solely for quality death scenes, you will NOT be disappointed.

15. It surely is - especially as it's prefaced by many amazing close-up's of the victim's ass in very small white underwear! Worth the price for that alone!
    Still got my uncut reg 2 of this one.

16. STREET TRASH

STREET TRASH Synthicide

Y'know, I popped this flick in today quickly just to re-gather my thoughts. It's a lot more boring than I remember. The "You are a female, You are a female!" bit is so awkward sounding I really wanted to rip my hair out. Perhaps it's different in Italian.

17. newt

newt Guest

I am not a female (don't let my picture fool you)

18. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

haha, that part is very awkward now that you mention it, i completely forgot.

that kid in your avatar newt is one of my favorites!! his dubbing is always the best :lol:

i wonder what hes doing nowadays.. if hes still acting or what

19. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Here's what he looks like now:

[​IMG]

20. betterdan

betterdan Guest

:lol: :eek1: