A Book on Televisions...VIDEODROME Contest

Discussion in 'Site News' started by rhett, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

The exploding head in Scanners. Classic.

2. delirium

delirium Guest

My favorite scene would have to be the ending fight scene because the whole scene was just to neat to describe with viggo getting attacked and showing off some more skills. But the "stomp" (trying not to spoil) was just too great.

3. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

My favorite moment is in Rabid where Rose makes her first kill in the hospital. That scene says so much.

4. Jaffe

Jaffe New Member

I agree with Fattyjoe and Ash J. Williams. I really enjoyed the final scene in A History of Violence.

Jaffe

5. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

The final sequence in Videodrome was excellent. Brutal, disturbing, intriguing, and very well excecuted.

6. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Seeing as how Scanners was the first "R" rated film I saw in theaters as a young one, my fondest Cronenberg film memory was the final showdown between Cameron Vale and Daryl Revok. That was some of my first exposure to the wonders of bladder effects, something that Philippe Mora took to hilarious extremes in The Beast Within.

7. zombiecraig

zombiecraig New Member

So many great scenes...

Mine favorite is from Videodrome. James Woods sitting on the couch discovers a large vagina has appeared in his upper abdominal region. What does he do? Plays with it, of course! He sticks his gun in it...his actual handgun...not his penis. The kicker is, he loses the gun in the vagina. The actual handgun is now lodged in his body...somewhere. Is it live...or is it Videodrome? Of course, he then begins to panic.

I can totally see this happening to me when I get my upper abdominal vagina. The vagina can be oh so dangerous.

8. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

favorite cronenberg moment? man, so hard to choose, and so many good ones have already been mentioned. Some runners up would be Santa getting machine-gunned in rabid....or james woods shouting "long live the new flesh!" after assassinating barry convex onstage. But my favorite moment from Naked Lunch, my favorite cronenfilm, is roy schieder declaring himself after peeling off his latex dominatrix mask: "Benway!" with a cigar in his mouth...its hilarious every time

9. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

There is a quiet fadeout in THE BROOD,a film about bringing internal pain and rage to the surface.At the close little Candy,who has lived not only through the hell of a divorce and the pain of abuse,but also a bloody nightmare reveals small blister like growths as she and her father drive off into the night,proving that her Mother wasn't the only one who could make her torment manifest physically.The pain we put children through can really make you shudder.

10. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

Soooo many great scenes in soooo many great films, but I think I'm gonna go for the scene in The Brood when the school teacher has a run-in with a couple of Samantha Eggar's rage children, in the classroom, in front of her horrified class! I still find that totally shocking!

Special mention to the chinese restaurant scene in eXistenZ.

11. LJMurder

LJMurder Guest

My favorite Cronenberg moment would have to be his portrayal of Doctor Decker in Nightbreed.

12. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

Have to go with the Exploding head from Scanners. I remember seeing it in the Theaters in 1981, and that just was the icing on the cake.

13. Vincent Pina

Vincent Pina New Member

Most have already been mentioned, but I loved Lynn Lowry's description of eroticism in Shivers. Also, Cronenberg's cameo in that movie where he busts shirtless out of the wall sticking out his tongue. And this one doesn't really count, but I also loved his performance in Nightbreed (and cameo in Jason X, for that matter).

14. uradouche

uradouche New Member

I am a Cronenberg FREAK!!!!! I so hope I win.

This is a tough question, but I love the moment in Existenz when they are all eating at that freaky chinese restuarant at the factory and they are compelled and disgusted by eating and can't stop. The bones that are left from their consumption are formed into a gun that shoot teeth. Priceless and memorable.

By the way, if you haven't seen this, I think it's way under-appreciated.

15. allmessedup

allmessedup It's beer time.

Another vote for the nursery school beating in THE BROOD.

16. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

too many great moments to choose from.

my first choice would be the moment James Woods sees his TV pulsating, full of life in Videodrome (just seen it again a couple of days ago)...

but I go for... the final scene of The Fly. The sadness, the way it ends just after the monster is finished (and without further exposition or explanation), the music, one of the most dramatic moments I have encountered in film!

17. Agentsusp

Agentsusp Member

It has to be in the Brood when Samantha Eggar reveals that weird little foetus and stars licking it.

18. spawningblue

spawningblue Deadite

I have to go with Novosibirsk on this one. The whole transformation in The Fly is brilliant. You feel so much pity for the monster, even though you know that he has to die.

19. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

I'm with ZombieCraig. Videodrome with the itching of the belly gash with his gun and then it disappears. Very irking scene.

20. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

First practical use of Jeremy Irons' "special equipment" in Dead Ringers.