A bunch of (new) Blumhouse movies now on netflix instant

Discussion in 'General' started by rift, Nov 9, 2014.

1. rift

rift New Member

2. bigwes15

bigwes15 Active Member

I watched Mockingbird tonight and liked it, although the ending wasn't terribly believable. Afterwards I looked at the reviews on Netflix to see what others thought and they are BUTCHERING it on there! I thought it had several creepy moments and was overall a good flick...and clown related stuff normally does absolutely nothing for me. I am going to check out Mercy soon-this should be right up my alley as from what I understand it is based on a Stephen King story!

3. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

Goddamn it, the one I want to see the most, The Town That Dreaded Sundown, isn't on Netflix. I will check out Stretch though, the trailer reminds me of the Crank films.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Just to give a little exposition, the four Blumhouse movies were Not Safe For Work, Stretch, Mercy, and Mockingbird. They're all available to stream via NetFlix, and they were all dumped quietly to DVD as "Wal-Mart exclusives", although I believe Wal-Mart's exclusivity on these titles has run out and you can now get them through most retailers. None of these films received a blu-ray release in the United States, they're all DVD only via Universal.

I've only watched Not Safe For Work and Mockingbird so far. While Mockingbird was mind-numbingly atrocious, I thought Not Safe For Work was great fun. Nothing mind-blowing or original, just a simple, taut little thriller in the vein of Wes Craven's Red Eye or P2. If you enjoyed either of those films, I would highly recommend giving Not Safe For Work a gander on NetFlix. It's only 74 minutes, so it's a low-risk time investment.

Anyway, the real reason I'm posting all this is because I enjoyed the film so much that I opted to import the UK blu-ray of Not Safe For Work from Universal, since the US did not and likely will not receive a blu-ray release. The disc is completely region free and will play on all blu-ray players. There are zero extras on the disc, but it does offer just about every language track or subtitle option you could possibly imagine. Looks terrific in hi-def too, as any new release movie should. And it's currently only £6.00 on Amazon UK (£5.00 minus VAT), which is practically the same price as the US DVD. Importing the blu-ray is definitely the way to go if you want to own the film (especially since it will save you from a trip to Wal-Mart [​IMG]). I enjoyed the film just as much the second time around.

Here are some pics I snapped of the UK blu-ray:

[​IMG]

5. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

You're not kidding.

It was on there back in October. And by then, it had only been up for a few weeks.

Man, I don't like to speak ill of Netflix but... why would they accept a deal to host a movie for 6 weeks or 2 months? Thank God I bought the Shout! Factory DVD.

6. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

Actually, I was talking about the sequel / remake, which is mentioned in the OP article. Fortunately, I did catch the original while it was on there. :banana:

7. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

Didn't realize it was removed. Bummer. I don't even see the disc as available, either.

8. CPT HOOK

Blumhouse is quietly slipping two more onto DVD tomorrow through Universal. Wouldn't be surprised if these wound up on NetFlix tomorrow or in the coming weeks.

VISIONS

[​IMG]

Leaving her hectic city lifestyle behind, young mother-to-be Julia joins her husband David at their beautiful new vineyard home only to be plagued by terrifying noises and visions of a sinister hooded figure. No one else hears or sees these hallucinations, not even David, who grows increasingly worried about his wife's well-being.

Desperate to prove her sanity, Julia hunts down a local medium who reveals the haunted history of the vineyard in which she now resides. As she desperately pieces together past events to keep a future horror from occurring, Julia uncovers a dark conspiracy that puts her life and the life of her unborn child at risk.

CURVE

[​IMG]

Julianne Hough (Safe Haven) stars in this horror-thriller as a young bride-to-be who deliberately crashes her car off a deserted highway in an attempt to escape from a charming, predatory hitchhiker, played by Teddy Sears (Masters of Sex). When the plan backfires, trapping her in an overturned vehicle, she defends herself against a terrorizing psychopath - only to uncover a shocking truth that fuels her fight for survival.

9. CPT HOOK

The two movies above, Curve and Visions, premiered on NetFlix today, along with a third new Blumhouse movie called The Veil.

10. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Visions was pretty boring, not seen the other 2.

11. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

all 3 come out on dvd feb 2nd the only one I might get is the veil

12. fceurich39

Got The Veil and decided to get Curve as well on dvd haven't watched em yet. reviews I have seen are mixed for both some saying bad others saying good films anyone check em out yet??? as for the 3rd film Visions I have zero interest in getting that one

13. fceurich39

Watched both The Veil and Curve and thought both were decent especially the veil I liked Thomas Jane performance as the crazy cult leader in the veil it also has some great camera work as well walmart stores has both dvds for 12.96 although I got curve there it rang up 9.96

14. fceurich39

new film coming out this Tuesday on dvd from anchor bay/dimension/blumhouse called Viral seen a lot of pretty positive reviews here's the trailer

15. CPT HOOK

New Blumhouse movie being quietly dumped straight-to-DVD. This time it's Stephanie, a supernatural / evil-kid movie starring Frank Grillo. The DVD will be released on May 1st.

fceurich39 likes this.
  16. fceurich39

Gonna blind buy this next Tuesday since I have seen every blumhouse horror flick the DVD is gonna be 12.96 at Walmart

17. CPT HOOK

There's also one coming out on DVD June 5th called Delirium. Stars Topher Grace and Patricia Clarkson. From the director of the Last House On The Left remake and +1.

[​IMG]

fceurich39 likes this.
  18. fceurich39

Seen mostly positive reviews for this thus far.

19. fceurich39

I thought Stephanie was pretty forgettable stuff took about 35 minutes in until it finally picks up not that great. Here's hoping Delirium is gonna be better. Also Happy Death Day 2 has just been announced.

20. CPT HOOK

Another Blumhouse movie has been quietly dumped onto NetFlix streaming.

This one is called Family Blood, from the director of the dull indie Anguish.