A Clockwork Orange 40th AE

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Nailwraps, Feb 9, 2011.

1. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

^ Well from the sounds of that then Dr. Strangelove and specifically Spartacus will almost certainly be the same discs, which in the case of Spartacus is most unfortunate. I was thinking of passing before and now I'm certain of it. I'll wait for the single disc editions of Lolita and Barry Lyndon. I'm not going to import unless the prices prove to be cheap.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

That sums up my thoughts pretty much also.

3. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

currently i've got the newest dvd box set from warner, strangelove on blu, and spartacus on criterion dvd. as much as i would LOVE to have all of them on blu ray, i don't think i'll be in the market to drop $150 or however much this is going to run in order to upgrade a bunch of movies i already have. i'll definitely pick up lolita and barry lyndon when they street individually, but i don't think the giant set is in the cards.

also, not much mention has been made about why this is being called a "limited edition." i would assume that its because two of the films are being borrowed from other studios. but then why isn't the dvd set being called limited?

4. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member