A Dark Song (2016, Ritual Horror)

Discussion in 'General' started by Workshed, Oct 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

No US distribution yet.

[​IMG]

via io9

2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

Another one I saw at a local genre film festival last week, and another film I quite enjoyed! Having a ritual being performed over many months was a very interesting idea. The performances by Steve Oram and Catherin Walker are stellar, and the first 2/3rds of the movie are tense, interesting, and the attention to detail in the ritual is quite something. However, I thought the 3rd act kinda fell apart a bit, but overall I can definitely recommend A Dark Song.

Workshed likes this.
  3. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

[​IMG]

Original post: https://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD/posts/1003559496447728:0

Coming from Scream Factory: "We are pleased to announce that we have a new IFC Midnight film planned for release on Blu-ray & DVD this September!

A DARK SONG – Grieving Sophia (Catherine Walker) despairs over the tragic loss of her murdered son. Desperate to somehow make contact with the boy she has lost, Sophia believes her prayers are answered when she crosses paths with the reclusive Joseph (Steve Oram, Sightseers). An expert in the occult, Joseph reluctantly agrees to aid Sophia through a series of d...ark and forbidden rituals in order to bring her child back to the world of the living. Pushed to their physical and psychological breaking points, Sophia and Joseph make a disturbing descent into the most depraved corners of black magic."

Streets 9/5/17 Pre-order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/film-horror/a-dark-song

Workshed likes this.
  4. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

Anyone else see this thoughts?