A lizard in a woman's skin

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Vasilis, Mar 12, 2003.

1. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

Are there any final specs (such as extras) out yet, because its supposed to come out in just over a month (5/27/03)?

2. Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray Guest

It looks like it's been delayed to 6/24/2003... :(

On The Laser's Edge, there's a really good looking list of features: :)

- Features:
    2-Disc Set features both the US and Italian versions.
    Interview with Florinda Bolkan & Jean Sorel
    Interview With Special Effects Artists Carlo Rambaldi & Franco di Girolami
    Theatrical Trailer
    Photo Gallery
    Making Of Documentary
    Soundtrack Feature
    Collector's Booklet

- Video:
    Color
    Anamorphic Widescreen

- Audio:
    Mono

- Languages:
    English
    Italian

- Subtitles:
    English

3. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

I've been waiting to see this movie for years; another month ain't gonna hurt. Pretty nice features to boot.

Thanks again, D!

4. suspiria

suspiria Guest

you guys who haven't seen this yet are going to cream yaselves seriously! its by far Fulci's most accomplished film IMHO.. awesome trippy psychadelic style visuals..

5. zombi3

zombi3 Pure Evil

Cool. I've never seen this one, but I just recently pre-ordered it. Hope it's as good as everyone says.:)

6. Taube

Taube Guest

Its gonna have english subtitles?
    GREAT!!! :glasses:

7. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Didn't Ennio Morricone do the soundtrack of this one?
    That's an added bonus!

8. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

The ratio is still 2:35.1.:mad:

9. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Look what I found!!!
    [​IMG]

10. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Keep in mind the Box Art Not Final thing. FYI - this (along with KILLING BIRDS) got pushed back to 7-29. I guess Shriek Show has been busy doing nothing. ;)

11. MBaronas

MBaronas Guest

Actually...

Shriek Show has been quite busy in putting together the 60+ minute LIZARD documentary entitled "Shedding The Skin" that Kit & I have spent over a year shooting locations and gathering interviews from around the world (Spain, France, Italy, England & America) for. The documentary, primarily written and directed by Kit, should most certainly be worth the extra month's wait.

As far as KILLING BIRDS goes, I know Robert Vaughn was approached to do an interview, so that might have caused the delay. Kit & I also tried speaking with co-director Claudio Lattanzi but he was very evasive and suspicious as to our interest in this film. Go figure...

12. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Re: Actually...

Can you reveal any info on your upcoming Zombi 2 and Versus' releases?:D

13. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Re: Actually...

Oh, I apologize then. In that case it'll be well worth the wait. I was half kidding anyway, it just seems as though nothing from SS has come out lately and everything keeps getting pushed back. No biggie, as long as it eventually gets released.

14. CJ

CJ Guest

I have several Shriek Show discs and have been happy with them, they're doing a good job.

However - I do feel that there is a lack of due care and attention to certain details, and John (Blaster) doesn't seem to be the most enthusiastic of people working in the field of genre releases.

For instance - typos like Last House on the Edge of the Park(?) and Elsa Frauline(?) - who's doing the proof reading?? They need to go do a little more research and maybe take some English lessons...

And since when did the consumer have to provide the proof to the supplier? John (Blaster) - shame on you for not even knowing what OAR Lizard is in. Hardly the mark of an 'expert'. I'm not claiming that I know what it should be - but then I'm not a DVD producer about to release the film onto the DVD market!

Let's cut the crap here - John is a businessman and his main focus is the profit motive. He's not a fan and he's not an expert - he doesn't even bother to properly QC his discs before they hit the marketplace (see above typos) - and he's not even sure of the correct OAR of an immensely important (and potentially hugely profitable) title like Lizard in a Woman's Skin.

Like I say, I like the SS discs, but I'm not under any illusions that people like John (Blaster) are my friends - they're businessmen. With that in mind, I think John should know his product a little better. I'm just praying to God that they don't simply matt a fullscreen print down to 1:85:1 and pass it off as the genuine article....

15. Cydeous

Cydeous Axxon N

CJ, I couldn't agree more. People tend to forget that these companies ar out for $$$, which is why we should tell them what's wrong with their stuff. At the very least, they make a good product and we pay good money to get it.

16. The Chaostar

The Chaostar Johnny Hallyday forever

I repeat: The OAR is still 2:35.1.
    :eek1:

17. And your evidence for this is...? People have seen theatrical screenings at 1.85:1 and a French video release was at 1.85:1. We never seem to have gotten the "definitive proof" of the film being 2.35:1 as promised months ago.

DJ

18. When the consumer makes a claim that goes against all evidence known to the supplier and the producers of the film. If you were to contact a studio and make a claim that goes against their research, don't you expect them to ask for proof of your claim?

He did know that the OAR was 1.85:1 until people started claiming, with no proof, that the OAR is 2.35:1.

How do you know? I met John at Chiller and he seemed to be both a fan and an expert in our discussion.

DJ

19. CJ

CJ Guest

Well, I'm not about to start arguing with you Damin - but I think we both agree that John's main concern here is monetary. The only reason he'd want to please the fans is so that the $$$ come rolling in. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with that, that is what business is all about. But I think a even a mere 'fan' would spot that Last House on the Edge of the Park is the incorrect title.

I have nothing personal against John, I'm sure he's a nice guy. I'm just pointing out that he's a businessman. Sure, you met him at Chiller - and how many Shriek Show discs did you buy..??

20. dwatts

dwatts New Member

What's the beef here? DVD companies are in it to make money - is there something wrong with that? Keep on bringing me discs I want, and I will gladly work so I can pass on some cash. Win-win!