A new Hellraiser sequel is being rushed into production

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Feb 18, 2016.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

2. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

The last one was shit, looking forward to this. LOL!!!!

3. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Why can't Heather Langenkamp get better jobs than this? She is still very beautiful and is arguably the best actor other than Doug Bradley to even appear in a Hellraiser film since Hell on Earth.

Rushing a Hellraiser film to keep the rights. Sounds familiar. Didn't Revelations buy them at least another 20 years? This is a strange franchise. Most fans consider it over after Hellbound. Others after 3 or 4. I don't mind the rest of the sequels, but I'll never watch Revelations or this garbage.

4. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Which of the previous films was she in? I've seen them all but Revelations.

5. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Maybe Buck135 is confusing Heather L with Ashley Laurence?

6. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

No, my post was poorly written. What I meant was, Ms. Langenkamp is more talented than any of the actors and actresses to even appear in a Hellraiser film after 3 with the exception of Mr. Bradley of course.

7. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

God, this already sounds awful. I'm not a big fan of Gary Tunnicliffe as he's been involved in all the average to crappy dtv Hellraiser's and I don't think his makeup and Cenobite designs look as good as the early films.
    Don't know if he'll be good as a director though. Still, it's been a long time since I've had faith in a Hellraiser movie. Hell, all the good ones were out when I was getting into horror.

8. fceurich39

Things got interesting two nights ago when A Nightmare On Elm Street‘s Heather Langenkamp revealed she was set to star in the next Hellraiser movie with FX guru Gary Tunnicliffe sitting in the director’s chair.

We did extensive research and was able to learn that filming had already begun on Judgment, a film that Tunnicliffe attempted to crowd-source back in 2013 to a miserable result (he quickly removed the video we had discovered and posted).

It was pretty clear after hours of digging that this in fact was going to be a new Hellraiser film, only we didn’t know to what extent.

Fangoria was able to connect with Tunnicliffe who confirmed that he is in fact in production on Hellraiser: Judgment, and that Langenkamp will be featured in a role.

While the information shared is vague, what stands out the most is his fear that us horror fans feel like this is another half-assed Hellraiser sequel, as was Victor Garcia’s 2011 Hellraiser: Revelations. What we should feel good about is that the Judgment screenplay was Tunnicliffe’s passion project, which means there’s been a lot of time spent on it. I just hope the Cenobites – including Pinhead – don’t feel pigeonholed into the movie.

Speaking of Pinhead, Tunnicliffe responded to Doug Bradley’s agitated Facebook post as to why he won’t be returning as Pinhead, adding that they found “a classically trained stage and film actor who brings a great physical presence and more than a hint of Peter Cushing and Ralph Fiennes” to replace him.

I was thrilled and excited to call Doug and let him know I was writing and directing HELLRAISER: JUDGEMENT , I considered Pinhead HIS role and I was looking forward to working with him and bringing him back to the fans. Legally, we needed a simple non-disclosure agreement signed (very much common place now with production companies) but he immediately balked. I have no idea why, I’ve signed way more binding NDA’s than that myself, most actors and crew on productions of any size usually have to now.

Doug wrote back to me…

‘I’m going to make myself liable for a million bucks I don’t have just to read a damn script?… I don’t think so’
    I was stunned, after all it was my ‘damn’ script and it let me know how he felt straight away. I wrote to him saying I was sorry he felt that way and the next day the search for a new Pinhead began.

A few weeks later, we found him: a classically trained stage and film actor who brings a great physical presence and more than a hint of Peter Cushing and Ralph Fiennes. I can’t wait to get him bound in leather, gridded up and in front of the camera and on screens!

He doesn’t reveal who the new Pinhead is, but it can’t be worse than the chunky fatty in Garcia’s Revelations. Furthermore, do we really need Pinhead? Jon says “No.”

“This is not a simple recycling of the HELLRAISER formula; this is a film that will boast some of the strangest, most bizarre, horrific and thought provoking sequences ever seen in a horror film, a horror film that owes it’s inspiration to the works of Heironymous Bosch, and Francis Bacon as well as Cronenberg, Fincher and Lynch (the David’s, as we nickname the influences here) as well as obviously and foremost Clive Barker.”

Clearly responding to our assertion this could be rushed and that it’s based on his Judgment screenplay, Tunnicliffe promises that Hellraiser: Judgment “isn’t a re-hashing of an old script nor was it rushed into production. It’s a completely original piece and so far it’s looking pretty amazing…

“To the fans, I would say this… I know you’ve been let down, and trust me, I have too, but simply give me a chance,” he adds. “I know we can NEVER make a film as great as the first two HELLRAISER’s, I wouldn’t even attempt to do so, but I think we have a fun script here an opportunity with an amazing cast and crew to give you all something that feels a little familiar, a little different, completely terrifying and is a worthy part of the HELLRAISER Canon… oh and of course if you want blood?… well you’ve got it!”

Zombie Dude likes this.
  9. Fistfuck

Fistfuck Slowest to 2000 posts

Yeah, us fans were ONLY let down by Hellraiser: Revelations...

DVD-fanatic-9 likes this.
  10. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

I never got the extreme hate for Revelations. Yeah it sucks satan's bunghole but unlike the last 4 sequels at least it felt like a Hellraiser film. Yeah it still sucked shit but I give them credit for that.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  11. Zombie Dude

I felt the same. It was a step in the right direction but made for all the wrong reasons.

12. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

Why can't they get their business in order? I thought Clive Barker was on the remake. That's the movie I was waiting for. Not what I've gathered seems to be yet another re-purposed script turned into a Hellraiser movie.

If the news is correct I doubt even Heather Langenkamp's presence will lift the quality of the movie. The last Hellraiser is the only one I haven't seen. I want to see it for free if I get the chance. I wrote reviews on all the Hellraiser movies for the what are you watching during Halloween month a few years ago. I remember watching the trailer to the last Hellraiser and it didn't look that good.

It seems like since Pinhead's actor has no problem mentioning poor scripts they wanted to put a gag on him just in case. I guess the only way around that is to make good stories. Which is what they haven't been doing. Or let Clive Barker do what he needs to do for the movie. Which I guess they aren't doing either.

13. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

I'm sort of excited to see this upcoming movie. Unlike 99% of the horror fan community, I actually liked Revelations. It was a step in the right direction after that dreadful Hellworld. Revelations greatly suffered from it's budget and feels like a glorified fan film, but still I liked it. I don't mind Pinhead being portrayed by others. As these actors get older, they won't be able to play these characters forever. I like getting different takes on the character. Some will be good, others will be bad.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
    Mok likes this.
  14. Zombie Dude

Also the acting was pretty bad but I pretty much agree.

15. fceurich39

16. Zombie Dude

17. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

I look forward to the makeup-artist-turned-director's bold new vision for Hellraiser.

Fistfuck likes this.
  18. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

Hellworld was not worse than Deader.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  19. Zombie Dude

But it was dreadful.

20. fceurich39

I might be the only one but I liked hellworld better than inferno,hellseeker,deader and revelations