A new Hellraiser sequel is being rushed into production

Discussion in 'General' started by fceurich39, Feb 18, 2016.

1. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Zombie Dude likes this.
  2. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

buck135 likes this.
  3. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

4. Zombie Dude

God I don't know what to think. Not digging the new chest piece Pinhead has and that other character looks like the usual uninspired design that Gary Tunnicliffe would come up with for Hellraiser. These movies really need to move away from that guy as he's been giving us below average Cenobites for a while now.

Image:
    [​IMG]

Katatonia and fceurich39 like this.
  5. Mok

Mok Family is Forever

Everything about this is telling me to expect something along the lines of any of the post-Bloodline films. "The Auditor?" "The Jury?" You know what was cool about Hellraiser before all these shitty ideas? There was mystery. It was alien to us. Leviathan was a conceptual idea. Hell was fantastical and disturbing at the same time which made it fascinating. Now they want to equate hell to something like a court room. In part 2, it was as if all those decisions about what would torment you and how you were going to be fucked had already been made. This new film is sounding like a shit load of fuck. Take Pinhead out of this and call it something else and leave Hellraiser the fuck alone.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    buck135, Zombie Dude and Katatonia like this.
  6. Natas

Natas Is it October yet?

I lost interest in this series a looooooong time ago. First two are all kinds of awesome though.

I went years between views of the original. It's funny how your perception of movies change throughout the years. When I saw this as a kid, I either didn't understand where these random victims were coming from, or I just didn't think much of it......... now I watch it and think to myself "Man.....Julia is a titanic whore. Is it that easy for women to pick up men?!" lol and the answer is yes....it is.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  7. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Hellraiser: Judgement Trailer

8. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

I'm very critical about sequels but the Hellraiser series I love, warts and all. Yes, even number 9 I can dig. That said, the only necessary movies in this series are 1,2 and maybe 4 if the original director was allowed to create his full vision. So while I will surely watch nr 10, I realize that for a long time this series is on (almost literal) life support.

9. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Looked about as bad as the other sequels, I'll watch but with very low expectations.

10. Zombie Dude

Well that looks terrible. I was surprised to see some claim it looks good on various places online. Maybe they forgot Hellraiser used to be more than what we've been getting in these shitty dtv sequels. Fingers crossed some competent people will start working on a theatrical remake for this fransichise in the near future. The source material is great so I don't see why they insist on running it into the ground like this.

Steel76 likes this.
  11. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

I wasn't going to watch the trailer. I saw the news on a site that mentioned it was coming out directly in the next month or so. But reading some of the posts here and that news site compare the trailer to Saw made me think why not give it a look. And it does look like Saw mixed with that Hellraiser entry with the detective, I think part 5 or 6.

I thought we were going to get a real Hellraiser movie from Barker not another extend the rights movie which is what I guess this is yet again. On the positive side it can't be worse than the last one.

12. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Amazon is already shipping this. Got an email that my copy will arrive on Wednesday. Definitely looking forward to this!

13. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

Got done watching this and HIGHLY enjoyed it. The storyline is quite interesting. The serial killer aspect is kind of cliche but what else happens in the "hell house" (for a lack of better word), is quite unique. Definitely a different take on the franchise. The way it ended was a bit of a shock. I won't spoil it but I think fans should check it out. Paul Taylor does a pretty good job as Pinhead but the real villain of the movie is The Auditor, which is quite the character.

fceurich39 likes this.
  14. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

It was ok, nothing special, Heather langenkamp is in it for about 30 seconds, pointless. I was not really sure of the auditors relevance? How did the people come to be there? They mentioned the box was an outdated form of communication, but then never offer up a new form? It was disjointed, cheap, it had a couple of nice images, It's not the worst in the series, but that's faint praise.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    sade, Katatonia and fceurich39 like this.
  15. Zombie Dude

This was a massive waste of time. I didn't like it much at all. The cheapness of everything didn't help. All these new "cenobites" didn't feel like they belonged in the Hellraiser universe. I think Revelations was far better in terms of feeling like an actual Hellraiser movie. Just reboot with a decent budget already. This franchise deserves better.

16. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

Sounds like that Jeepers Creepers 3 cameo. If this isn't the worst, which is to you?

Sounds bad. I thought Revelations was the worst one. I barely remember it and I watched it fairly recently in the last year or so. I think when I finally put together my Hellraiser movie collection, I'll probably only get 1 and 3. I'll probably watch all of them again when they are on for free. But the original is by far the best movie. And I kind of like the 80s feel on the 3rd one.

17. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

It's difficult, because anything after 4 (I'm not a fan of 4 but understand the problems the final product had, at least it tried to do something on a grand scale) was pretty crap, with usually pinhead turning up at the end, it's been so long since I've seen them and have no interest in revisiting, but the Internet one I remember was pretty awful, I can forgive revelations, due to the total lack of time and money available to create a product.

18. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

Saw it last night and thought it was okay. There's worse in the series but, of course, there's much better. Strange that you can't vote for a rating on IMDb. I've never seen that area missing before.

19. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

You click the "Rate This" beside the rating on the movie's page, but you have to be signed in to your IMDb account to do so.

20. Cooperkill

Cooperkill Active Member

I've rated over 4,000 movies. The new Hellraiser is the only movie I've seen that doesn't have the vote option, even when I'm signed in.