A Nightmare on Elm Street - 8 CD Soundtracks Boxset (Limited to 2000)

Discussion in 'General' started by Katatonia, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I think this deserves it's own thread in the General section, as opposed to just posting it in the CD Soundtracks thread where many people will overlook it:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3362026/varese-sarabande-releasing-8-disc-nightmare-on-elm-street-box-set-exclusive/

https://www.varesesarabande.com/products/a-nightmare-on-elm-street-8-cd-box-set

This deluxe package contains all 8 soundtracks from the original series, over 8 hours of music including almost 3 hours of bonus tracks!

New artwork has been commissioned for the set by artist Shawn Conn, and assembling the CD sleeves next to one another forms a larger piece of art. The pictures above include a sample of an individual sleeve from the front and back, as well as the larger piece of art that is created when all 8 sleeves are placed alongside each other. Before you have any nightmares, please don’t worry … the original Matthew Joseph Peak creations are included in the accompanying booklet. The set is then completed with a knitted Freddy sweater encasing the outer box! A truly unique item that ensures the A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET - 8 CD BOX SET will stand out on any shelf.

The world was introduced to Wes Craven’s Freddy Krueger, (portrayed by Robert Englund), in 1984 with A Nightmare on Elm Street. Krueger was a former child killer seeking revenge against the parents who burned him by haunting the dreams of their teenage children and killing them in their dreams. The series has earned almost half a billion dollars worldwide, and boasts some of the most beloved nightmarish themes from composers including: Charles Bernstein, (Wes Craven’s A Nightmare On Elm Street), Christopher Young, (A Nightmare On Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge), Angelo Badalamenti, (A Nightmare On Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors), Craig Safan, (A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: The Dream Master), Jay Ferguson, (A Nightmare On Elm Street 5: The Dream Child), Brian May, (Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare), J. Peter Robinson, (Wes Craven’s New Nightmare) and Graeme Revell (Freddy Vs. Jason).

Also included in this set is a suite from the video game featured in the film Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare and the theme from Henry Manfredini’s FRIDAY THE 13TH series, as heard in the film Freddy Vs. Jason (with performances by the band Machine Head).

Only 2000 copies of this deluxe package will be sold! Get yours today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Varèse Sarabande has announced that on October 16th, they will be releasing an 8-disc box set featuring the soundtracks to all of the films in the A Nightmare on Elm Street series, including Freddy vs Jason! This box set, which is limited to 2000 copies, will feature almost 3 hours of expanded bonus tracks and features brand new artwork from Shawn Conn. The original covers will be inside the actual box, so purists can remain happy!

The composers included in this release are Charles Bernstein, Christopher Young, Angelo Badalamenti, Craig Safan, Jay Ferguson, Brian May, J. Peter Robinson and Graeme Revell.

A very cool addition to this collection is the music of the video game featured in Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare as well as the theme from Harry Manfredini’s Friday the 13th, which was heard in Freddy vs Jason and was performed by Machine Head.

Also, as you can see in the images below, the set comes complete with the trademark knitted Freddy sweater encasing the outer box! This truly is a piece of horror memorabilia that any Freddy fan would be proud to place on their shelf!

Yes, it is pricey at $99.98 + shipping, but is limited to 2000 copies and will likely sell out pretty fast.

See the links above for more images from the set, full tracklistings, and/or to pre-order. The Release Date is 10/16/2015, just in time for Halloween.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  2. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

Oh wow. I would love to own this sucker. $100 isn't unreasonable at all. I just can't pull the trigger at that price. Since it's limited to 2000 copies, I know I'm going to miss out on it.

3. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

If this was on vinyl I'd be all over it. CD, nah.

4. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

While I like the packaging I'm not into soundtracks enough to spend $100.00.

5. Katatonia

No plans for Vinyl. If they even did, it would probably be 14 to 16 LP's just to fit everything on them and the price would probably be far more expensive.

6. MPC

MPC New Member

I would probably only buy the expanded Freddy's Dead and Freddy vs. Jason, if they got a separate release.

I'm good otherwise.

7. chancetx

chancetx Active Member

No Dokken? No dice! :D

Kidding! This actually looks very cool. Now if only we'd get a deluxe Bluray set as nice as this.

Buechlers_beard likes this.
  8. Katatonia

Yup, that would have been nice, but there were probably licensing issues. We do get some nice extras like the Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare video game music, and the Friday the 13th series theme from Freddy vs Jason performed by Machine Head.

I'm most interested in the nearly 3 hours of Bonus/Unreleased tracks in the set. It's a wonder most of that has survived to this day.

And agreed, I wish there was a better Blu-ray set out... the current one is just plain and fugly. The old DVD boxset looks 100x better.

chancetx likes this.
  9. Myron Breck

Myron Breck BOO!!! Gotcha!

Yeah, I'm really torn about getting this. It's about $110 with shipping and I honestly only listened to the F13 soundtrack box set once all the way through.

I'll probably put it on a credit card like a dumbass.

10. YottNik

YottNik Pay the price!

Paint a vulgar picture.

11. chancetx

chancetx Active Member

I know, I'm torn but very tempted too. But with such a limited run you could probably sell it down the road and at least get your investment back. Decisions, decisions...

Katatonia likes this.
  12. highclassrob

highclassrob Member

If your on the edge and you need a little push, darkdel.com is taking preorders on signed copies. So far 3 composers announced

13. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

In honor of Wes Craven, our Halloween yard haunt will be Freddy-themed this year. I think I have to get this. :eek:

14. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    I hope the soundtrack to the first film is complete. The previous CD didn't have a few music pieces from Nancy's final battle with Freddy. Those were my favorites, too.

15. Myron Breck

I caved; I'd have regretted it if I'd passed. I can't wait to hear these expanded sound tracks!!!

16. Katatonia

This is the tracklisting for the first film:

1. Prologue :34)
    2. Main Title (3:32)
    3. Laying The Traps (2:06)
    4. Dream Attack (1:20)
    5. Rod Hanged / Night Stalking (4:44)
    6. Jail Cell (1:13)
    7. Confrontation (1:41)
    8. Sleep Clinic (2:25)
    9. Terror In The Tub :59)
    10. No Escape (2:15)
    11. School Horror / Stay Awake (4:02)
    12. Lurking (1:02)
    13. Telephone Terror (1:08)
    14. Fountain Of Blood (1:03)
    15. Evil Freddy :50)
    16. Final Search (3:57)
    17. Run Nancy (1:08)

BONUS/UNRELEASED
    18. Horror Movie (source cue) :43)
    19. Nancy Glen (2:30)
    20. Funeral :56)
    21. Freddy’s Hat :59)
    22. Bridge Talk (1:08)
    23. Bars On Windows (1:00)
    24. Freddy’s Glove :22)
    25. Dad At Glen’s :45)
    26. Boiler Room (1:22)
    27. Show Yourself :45)
    28. Morning After (1:23)
    29. Stingers :46)

DEMOS
    30. Freddy #1 (mono) (3:32)
    31. Weird #1 (stereo) (2:59)
    32. Chase #1 (stereo) (1:06)
    33. Chase #2 (mono) (2:10)
    34. Rhythm #1 (stereo) (1:30)
    35. Theme Sketch (stereo) (1:55)
    36. Concert Overture: A Nightmare On Elm Street – Charles Bernstein (Composer’s Home Mockup Sketch, Summer 2015) (stereo) (5:25)

Total Time: 65:35

17. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Active Member

I only want the soundtrack to the first and fourth movies I think. I thought Waxwork Records or someone teased a Nightmare on Elm Street 1 vinyl.

Also I wish these complete soundtracks would also include the music / songs. There was a site that had the complete soundtracks. I got the songs from Part 4. I don't think that site is around anymore. I'll search tonight. But they had all the horror soundtracks.

18. TheShape

TheShape Member

Thanks for the info. Didn't think twice and preordered it. I've never regretted buying the F13 boxset and will probably love this one too.

19. Myron Breck

I received an email saying that mine had shipped, which is a relief since the street date was the 16th. Does anyone actually have theirs yet?

20. Katatonia

Yeah, I received mine a couple of days ago, nicely packed in a large box. It's a nice set..

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    Myron Breck likes this.