A question about the Ju-on Series

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by skmastaz, Jun 30, 2004.

1. skmastaz

skmastaz New Member

Are there four movies in this series? Ju-on 1 and 2 and then Ju-on The Grudge 1 and 2? For some reason this is really confusing me. Also which ones are the best? Thanks!

2. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

i'm not certain about this but from what i've read Ju-on 1 and 2 were made for TV or direct to video in japan. then the films were re-made with a bigger budget and released as Ju-on:The Grudge 1 and 2. so really there's only two movies in the series. at least that's what i've gathered from the things i've read.

3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Not quite. The first two JU-ON films (sometimes called THE CURSE) were made for TV, yes. JU-ON: THE GRUDGE was a theatrical film that kinda combined the first two, dropped some stuff out, and added a little bit as well. JU-ON: THE GRUDGE 2, however, was definitely not a remake of the second TV JU-ON. They may have taken some scenes (none that I recall, but I could be wrong), but it was definitely its own film.

4. marcx

marcx New Member

I have a related question:

I have Grudge 1 and 2 on import DVD and love them both...

Throguh a weird transaction I ended up with Curse 2 but not part 1, will it stand alone or should I wait until i eventually acquire pt. 1?

5. wankerness

wankerness Guest

I wasn't aware that there was a Ju-On 2 (well, not a theatrical one anyway). What is it like? I saw the original at a film festival a few months ago and loved it, and I acquired some (probably bootleg) edition of it off ebay that's actually fairly nice. Is the second one more of the same thing, or does it have quite a different plot? Is it worth seeking out?

6. Skysaber

Skysaber Guest

Ju-on: The Curse is by far the best out of any of them. The Grudge has some scary moments here and there but nothing too entertaining.