AB Collector's Tins

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Mario77, Jul 16, 2001.

1. Mario77

Mario77 New Member

I personally get a kick out of the Collector's Tins from AB and think they're a fun idea (though I certainly can't always afford to get them). I know some like 'em and some hate 'em,
    but for those of you that like 'em....
    Do any of you have a good method for displaying and/or storing them conviniently? With the one's that I have, I just end up laying them horizontally upon a row of vertical DVDs and it's just not great looking. What do you guys do with yours? Any good ideas?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2001
  2. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I have 3 of them the Beyond, Repo Man and Evil Dead 2. I got Evil Dead 2 and repo Man for 19.99 each at best buy but that's another story. Anyway I have 5 small dvd storage shelves kinda like small bookcases that I bought at Walmart for 19.95 each (now they are only 15.94 here's the link www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=4049&product_id=872151&path=0:4044:4049:55069:4773&dept=4044 ). I keep the 3 tins on top of it laying horizontally for now but I'm trying to think of a way to stand them up without them falling over.;)

3. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

I love the Tins. I think AB is getting away from them, a mistake I believe.

I had a display rack made, and in the center it has grooves in which the Tins sit at an angle, it is pretty sweet. I think they are cool looking and wish more LE's were released in Tins.

4. AceRimRat

AceRimRat Guest

Probably won't help

I keep my DVD cases on a bookshelf with solid sides and back, so the ones I want to display, I just turn so the cover faces out.

Probably won't help unless you want to commit a bookshelf to the job, but it works nicely for me - I can store anything I want either way (cover or spine) without leaning stuff over or worrying about it falling off the side of a rack or something.

(I have the Hellraiser tin, but it also works for things like the Alien Legacy or NOES box sets or even any regular keepcase/snapper, but the box sets stick out from the back of the shelf further and look nicer.)

5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I'm really torn. I don't have any of AB's tins, I always heard bad things. Plus, I love the keepcases, they're just cool.

So now damn Dave had to say the Wicker Man LE ain't that great, so now maybe I won't waste my extra $10. Dammit I hate this.

Who thinks we should start a petition for keepcases inside the tins? That'd be great!

6. DVD Connoisseur

DVD Connoisseur Active Member

I love my tins.....

....and have purchased every title released in this form so far (even Candy which broke from tradition, in that it came in a circular tin!).

I have them on a shelf with my other DVDs, spines facing out. I find they add a little character to the collection and are definitely a talking point.

I'll be disappointed if we've seen the last of the tins. I've my fingers crossed for tins of Bad Taste and Halloween IV.

7. skinnypuppy6

skinnypuppy6 Guest

tins kick ass i have evil dead 2 beyond hellraiser let sleeping corpses lie as well as the keep case versions of the beyond so it can stay in the fulci collection !!