AB does Bava in 2007!

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by KillerCannabis, Jun 5, 2006.

1. KillerCannabis

KillerCannabis Slow, Deep & Hard

Ok, ok I know how fickle the AB release schedule is, but I got this directly from their rep at Fango Weekend of Horrors this Sunday. He basically told me that late his year/early next year they plan to release a few Bava box sets. I can't remember ALL of the titles, but off the top of my head:

Black Sunday
    Black Sabbath
    Baron Blood
    The Girl Who Knew Too Much
    Knives Of The Avenger
    Bay Of Blood
    Lisa And The Devil/House Of Exorcism
    5 Dolls For An August Moon
    Four Times That Night

... and a few (at least 4 or 5) more that slipped my mind. He read through the list pretty quickly. Either way this is news I've been waiting to hear and hopefully it saves a few of you (like myself) from spending a ton of cash on OOP Bava titles you lagged ass on.

2. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Excellent news! I've been wanting to pick up Lisa and the Devil/House of Exorcism but didn't because the Image disc has shitty picture quality. There are a few of these I will be getting, that's for sure. :)

3. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Cool news. Hopefully their Lisa and the Devil will look better and their Twitch of the Death Nerve won't have piss poor sound.

That said, I'm still waiting for them to release Fulci' One on Top of the Other and Corbucci's The Hellbenders. Haven't heard anything on those two releases in awhile. I hope they get to those two soon.

4. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I eagerly await better dvds of Lisa and the Devil and Bay of Blood. The Twitch of the Death Nerve dvd by Image had pretty nice video but damn that audio was awful.
    5 Dolls For An August Moon sounds good too.

5. Shokk

Shokk Lord Of The Thighs

I agree 100%...especially on TOTDN.I read awhile back that the audio problems were a result of flaws in the master source (Simitar's Bay Of Blood release had the same audio issues).Hopefully (if that is true) it can be remixed and or corrected somehow.

6. betterdan

betterdan Guest

I use to own the Simitar version and it's audio sounded a little better actually. Not anything great mind you but not as totally shitty as the Image version.

7. 4Gotten1

4Gotten1 Guest

You took the words right out of my mouth. Twitch really needs a more effective audio track, what's available now is simply unacceptable. We finally have Cemetary Man right around the corner, wish AB would update their site more often to keep their customers better informed on releases such as One On Top of the Other and Hellbenders, both of which I'm eagerly awaiting. These have been delayed for too long now.

8. 4Gotten1

4Gotten1 Guest

Oh, and I'd sure like to own a copy of The Girl Who Knwew Too Much, that's one Bava I never picked up, wish I had now.

9. Jimbo

Jimbo The Bloodstained Shadow

I am more interested in someone releasing the Bava films that have yet to see the light of day.Such as: Savage Gringo- Arizona Bill-Dr. Goldfoot (R1)-Erik the conqueror & Wonders of Aladdin. :D
    I am generaly ok with most of the Image releases issues aside.But full blown Special Editions are what we need for Bava.

10. MrKateB

MrKateB Asshole Extraordinaire

Looking forward to full blown special editions for several of these, most notably Black Sunday, Twitch of the Death Nerve (my disc plays okay and tweaking the stereo settings helps a lot, but sheesh, what a hassle) and Black Sabbath (although I realize that IMage's transfer is the original version, it would be nice to have the English language version on disc as well, as that was the version I originally remember and I always have to be in a specific mood to put up with subtitles)...

If they put out enough extra stuff, I might pick up a few others, but those three are my favorites (along with Blood and Black Lace, but that's a different label)...

11. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

I'm down, so long as prices aren't insane, but I doubt they will be.

12. DrHerbertWest

DrHerbertWest For Your Health

I'd love Black Sunday... BRING IT ONNNNN!

13. shithead

shithead Death By Ejaculation

Damn and i was about to spend a shitload on black sunday...thanks for posting.

14. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Schweeeet!
    I'll buy most of them.Never bought the Image releases (only Black Sunday).I'm pretty tempted to buy some of the R2 editions.
    Now with these releases and Kill Baby,Kill from Dark Sky,I can finally complete my Bava collection :D

There's a thread about this already though.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2006
  15. Damn It! I just spent 40 dollars on a copy of Black Sunday, oh well wont make that mistake with Lisa and the Devil. Image really needs to improve on their discs since alot of them have less than stellar transfers, I mean anyone ever watched anything put out under their Redemption collection?

16. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

Crystal Plumage, do you know anything about the Kill Baby, Kill disc from Dark Sky? I hadn't heard about it and that's one of Bava's films I reeeeally need to own! Any info would be appreciated! :D

Wonderful news! My italian Lisa and the Devil disc looks great, though, so I doubt I'll double dip on that one. But the others ... oh, I'll get them all!! :p

17. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

18. David Lo Pan

David Lo Pan Guest

What needs to be re-released is Rabid Dogs. If there's one underappreciated Bava flick it's this one - and it's fantastic.

19. DeathDealer

DeathDealer I Inhale Horror

Great and fantastic stuff!!!

Never bought a single Bava disc, always thought AB would do it someday, since they'd have been talking about it for along time.

20. Blue Holocaust

Blue Holocaust New Member

I'm pretty sure I've read (on another board/website probably) this one was also getting re-released, I *think* by Anchor Bay too... It would include both cuts (Rabid Dogs & Kidnapped) of the film... Can't say if this is 100 percent true though...