AB to Deliver Dellamorte Dellamore in 2005?

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by SaviniFan, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

File this one in the "unofficial rumor" department. But this is what I heard at Horrorfind from Anchor Bay's representative during an audeince Q&A.

He said that he can say that Anchor Bay is currently in production on an "undead" flick that was made approximately 10 years ago. He said it would be released in 2005 and that he could not disclose anymore information than that or he could get in trouble. I don't recall his name by the way, perhaps someone else that went to Horrorfind can say who it was.

Here's the kicker though. About 2 questions later, someone in the audience asked if AB was gonna get the rights to Dellamorte Dellamore, and his response immediately was "Next question". Sounds pretty solid to me and something to get excited by if you are a fan of the film.

2. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

Wasn't AB and Fox involved in a deal or something??? I remember reading something to that effect so then it does look like we'll be seeing Dellamorte Dellamore soon, glad i held off on the import.

3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I think that was Criterion and Fox (although AB and Fox could be linked as well), which would have been an even sweeter combo, but I'll be happy to see this on a nice domestic DVD either way.

4. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Dellamorte Dellamore is my favorite Eurohorror and zombie film, not to mention one of my top 10 favorite films, period. Still, unless AB includes some nice extras, I'll stick with my Medusa version, which has impeccable pic quality.

5. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

That would be great if AB released this. And if Criterion released it, well, that'd be just as awesome.

6. Morg

Morg Guest

Well, isn't that special? If it's true, can't wait. I've been yearning for this release, especially from a reputable domestic distributer.

7. Roo

Roo Member

Great! I've never seen this movie and I've been dying to see it. I wish I had enough cash to buy a region free player. :cry:

8. Guyver99

Guyver99 Member

Finally, some good news about this movie! I've been waiting for a region 1 release for years now...the movie is also in my top 10 movies of all time (not just horror). I'm pre-ordering the minute it becomes available...Criterion, Anchor Bay or otherwise. :D

9. Tuzotonic

Tuzotonic Guest

I've been waiting to get a DVD of this movie for a long time and now I'm thrilled that it could be coming out. Either AB or Criterion is fine with me. Either way, I'm sure they'll do a bang up job.

10. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I hope someone releases it Region 1!!!!! AB, BU, or Criterion preferably.

11. yeah...all I have is a copy I recorded off of TV...luckily I think it's uncut (or at least mostly uncut)

12. Jason25

Jason25 Moderator

Having already purchased 3 different versions already, I'd definitely pick up a R1 release. AB, BU, or Criterion would all be cool with me. So would Synapse, Image, or Mondo Macabro.

13. Guyver99

Guyver99 Member

Even Madacy would be okay!!!! :banana:

er, maybe not. :eek2:

14. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I definitely want to see this movie if it ever gets a good R1 release. With all the talk about it, its a must see for me.

15. legnadibrom

legnadibrom Guest

not really

16. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    A lot of people are anxious for this Eurogem to be released here. I just hope it gets the release it deserves!! The first time I saw this was on Bravo, and I fell in love with it! I immediately tried to track down a VHS copy and finally found one on Ebay! Love this film, though it's a strange one!!

17. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    Savinifan, do you remember me? I am the asshole who lost on the Basket Case 2 question.

18. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I bought the cut version Cemetary Man of VHS about 1 1/2 years ago at CD Warehouse for $2.99. Then on eBay, I saw it was on DVD, and sold it on eBay, and while the auction was on eBay, I found out that the VHS was out of print, and I got about $25.00 for it. It was a really good copy of it, and the box was in excellent shape. I can't wait for the R1 release, but let it be the Dellamore Dellamorte version, not the Cemetery Man version. I WANT UNCUT. I have several other Michele Soavi movies on DVD. The Church, and Stage Fright, which I recommend them all. He also acted in several movies, City Of The Living Dead, AKA The Gates of Hell; and Demons, by Lamberto Bava, just to name a few.

19. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Can you say what the question was? I don't quite remember that. I was in there on Saturday. I saw on the schedule that AB had a Q&A on Sunday too but I didn't attend that one so if it was Sunday I wasn't there.

20. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    Yeah it was on Saturday. I was in the 2nd contest that lasted forever and the question that was asked of me was "In what sequel to a popular horror film in the early 80's did David Emge dawn a mask". It was honestly the first question asked the entire day that I didn't have the answer to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.