AB to Deliver Dellamorte Dellamore in 2005?

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by SaviniFan, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Ahh yes, I remember now. I was sitting in the front row by the way. Would have been on the left side when you were facing the audience. I'll tell ya, those last 2 were REALLY good. That guy rattled off answers like they were nothing. The girl had to think about her answers a bit, but she was phoenomenal too.

2. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    The guy who won is a buddy of mine and I really didn't feel like going against his wealth of knowledge. The girl had some easy questions if you ask me. Not to mention she missed 2 questions, yet somehow stayed alive. That first group was pathetic, I wish I had stayed in that one.

3. NickyDoyle

NickyDoyle Guest

Yeah, I remember reading that awhile ago at DVD Drive-in. They didn't mention what would be released from the deal, so here's hoping DellaMorte is one of them.

4. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I don't believe Fox's VHS of CEMETERY MAN was cut at all, but I don't have the DVD so I can't say. However, it's been discussed many times and I'm pretty sure that there aren't any differences.

5. FulciZombieFan

FulciZombieFan New Member

The USA VHS and LaserDisc releases of DELLAMORTE DELLAMORE are in fact UNCUT ... the only change being the title change to CEMETERY MAN.

However this NTSC release originated as a PAL master so the running time is slightly short due to the way it was converted from PAL to NTSC.

The Japanese LaserDisc was noted as having a longer running time but was in fact the same "cut" of the movie ... just that it had been properly mastered from film to NTSC unlike the USA release. In effect the USA release is slightly time compressed.

The Italian Medusa DVD (PAL format of course) is most excellent with only one minor flaw in the entire transfer (a moment that lasts all of a second or two). I was able to convert it from progressive 16x9 PAL to progressive 16x9 NTSC DVD-R rather easily. So any USA NTSC DVD release would have to have some really kewl extras to warrent a purchase ... at least from me.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

6. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Fuck, I miss all the good stuff. I didn't know AB was asking questions and had a Q&A on Sunday (I was only there for a couple hours on Sunday, but still...).

I'm almost afraid to ask, but what were the prizes? :(

EDIT: To keep this post on topic, I have to say I'd be really excited if AB released this film. I love it lots! :banana:

7. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

I remember Felscher saying he was going to be giving out a few Dawn Ultimate Editions during his Q&A.

8. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Okay, someone is going to have to die now! :fire: :fire: :fire: :cry:

9. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Yeah, you must see it indeed. The word, masterpiece, doesn't even do it justice. Can't believe you haven't seen this yet, Sir Thrash.

When Fox and Criterion struck their deal, I desperately hoped this film would be a part of it down the line. This film deserves an all out SE, the likes of which Criterion gave Naked Lunch. As I said before, if any new release of this has no worthwhile extras, I'll have no reason to repurchase. Hopefully that won't be the case though.

10. betterdan

betterdan Guest

Thrash, drive down to Churchland and visit a video store named Got It Video. They have quite a selection of old horror movies on vhs and they have Dellamorte Dellamore there.

11. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

Yup. AB held 2 elimination rounds with 5 people in each round. All of the questions asked were related to the origional Dawn of the Dead. Last place recieved a t-shirt, 4th and 3rd place got a DVD (titles if I remember correctly were Night of the Demons, Evilspeak, Silent Night Deadly Night 1/2, and I forgot the last one), 2nd place recieved a rare Suspiria stained glass window model with blood on the glass, and the winners were given the new Dawn of the Dead 4 disc edition.

I could have won the first round easily as the questions that everyone went down on were cake.....but the second round of contestants were good, especially the last 2 people.

12. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I'm surprised so many people are still eager for this film. It's available in several different iterations from R2. I'd have thought all the huge fans would have snapped it up already.

13. ekent

ekent The Lord's Arm of Justice

North California, South Alabam, and little towns a
    Very true but I would much rather have a nice "divimax" region 1 version with some nice extras.

14. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Thanks for the info betterdan.
    ;) I have actually seen commercials for that store on tv before but thought nothing of it at the time. I think I'll check it out at some point. Cujo, I keep hearing from you and others here that this movie is a must see. But I'm not other region abled so the best luck I could have here is if AB or Criterion or anyone else re-releases it here in the US. I actually hope Criterion will do something with this one but I wouldn't be mad if AB released an SE of it here instead. :D

15. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

If Criterion put this movie out in a special edition, it'd be double the price than if AB did an SE, and the same quality, too.

16. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I just think Criterion would put a little more TLC into the project than AB would. Added materials and what not is more suited for a Criterion release than AB. I think the transfers and sound could be a bit more polished up verses what AB could do with it. I can see Criterion trying to go overboard on extras here with a nice 2 disk set, where even if AB were to find enough material for a 2 disk set, it wouldn't have quite as many extras as a Criterion release. So the added $$$ for a Criterion would be well spent but like I said, if AB released this one as a SE then I wouldn't be mad (Divimax would be nice too).

17. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Criterion won't release this :D

They're still the prmier DVD label as far as I'm concerned, yeah they charge more, because people like me feel as though they get more.

18. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

I hope an AB & Fox agreement means we may see a Terror Train re-release at some point down the road. Terror Train is just as deserving of a Special Edition as Dellamorte Dellamore is. :)

19. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Criterion is highly overrated, IMO. The only disc of theirs I own is Sisters, and the transfer is pretty good, but not the best. And the only extras on the disc are text-based (besides the photo gallery), which is pretty boring. AB has done work that transcends Criterion in every way, so I have faith that they'd be able to top whatever Criterion would do with the film.

20. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    You're not alone!! Criterion discs ARE HIGHLY OVERRATED!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.