Absurd (the sequel/prequel to Anthropophagus)

Discussion in 'Euro Horror' started by Zombie Dude, Feb 22, 2008.

1. Buio_Omega

Buio_Omega Guest

so, Rosso Sangue seems to be the no.1 personal favourite amongst all italian horror movies. Maybe because I used to watch this brutal flick years ago when I was approx. 12 or 13 years old. It was brutal and bloody enough to scare the s..t out of me and to see Mr. Eastman on every corner for the next two weeks. Then for many many years I was trying to find again that film but it was hardly possible.
    I do live in Poland, and in the late 80's when our communism felt apart and there was the first "fresh air from the brave new world" Polish market was literally drowned in VCR's and numerous movies. One of these was Rosso Sangue, with german dubbing and polish lector (lector is still common practice in polish film market).
    So, years have passed and since several months I'm a happy owner of an old, long time OOP Astro german DVD edition of Rosso Sangue, which unfortunately is only dubbed in german and contains modern opening credits, but it also has an extra feature - nice D'Amato documentary (italian/ger only but at least it's worthy watching). However I'm curious about the new Mya release. The images on the latest reviews seems to have better picture quality than german release, but sad there is no extras.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2009
  2. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

This one, right?

http://www.chainsawvideo.nl/dvd_details.asp?id=313

Is it any good? Image wise?

3. Buio_Omega

Buio_Omega Guest

!

Yeah, this is it! Well, it is not a perfect release, but good enough for me.

Pluses:
    - actually one big plus for the fact that I owe such a rarity, which is very hard to find nowadays!
    - nice cover with blinded face of Eastman

Minuses:
    - non anamorphic version
    - only german dubbing, no subtitles (in this particular case that's not a problem for me b'cause I know the whole damn dialogues from the old Polish version)
    - extra scenes (operation, Engleman's visit at Bennett's house, some phone conversations by Engleman in precinct, Mikos' wandering around town) have bad quality (taken from various VHS sources) and they are dubbed in english or italian (depends on scene) with german subtitles + looped music (creepy opening theme)
    - nice documentary/interview with Aristide Massaccesi in italian only with german subtitles (but it's nice to watch, just to see some interesting scenes from his various movies)
    - german languaged modern opening credits (who the hell made such a crap! Full of mispells, and Charles Borromel's - here as Borronel - name appears twice). I prefer the old one english opening credits with characteristic font.

When a friend of mine (also a big collector) told me that he obtained that movie, I said "I'll give you everything you want from my collection, just make an exchange!". So after long and exhausting negotiations I gave him 8 films in exchange :) You can imagine how happy I was grabbing this DVD in my shaky hands, kissing it and dancing ;) Rosso Sangue always were and will be my favourite horror movie of all time!!!

4. Buio_Omega

Buio_Omega Guest

!

Ohhhh, how I hate doubled posts!!!!

5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

yay my local independent music/movie store got 2 copies in today i'll be able to get it this tuesday

6. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Anybody know where I can get an alternate DVD cover? This MYA Horrible cover just ain't going to work for me.

7. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Here's a nice one

8. Horrorphilly

Horrorphilly Member

That is a bad ass cover.I still need to get this movie.It looks great on dvd.Bring it on blu!!!!!

sean

9. Zombie Dude

The custom cover is much better than the MYA one, which is indeed horrible. I need to get this too. I still haven't gotten around to seeing the film.

10. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

OMFG dude that cover is total bad ass. Your the coolest thank you so much! It's printing as I type this +1! :glasses:

11. Zombie Dude

Pleasure to help :)

12. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

Someone should make a cover out of this:

[​IMG]

13. Zombie Dude

It's too hard to make a cover if you can't find a hi-res scan of the picture.

14. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

15. Zombie Dude

16. foller

foller Active Member

This is a metalcase with a lenticular cover. It includes the same DVD as in their hardbox releases. They were available with different cover artworks. (some examples below). Kick-ass cover artworks - but only German audio !

Attached Files: