Acacia

Discussion in 'Asian Horror and Other Pleasures' started by BloodMan, Jul 8, 2004.

1. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Has anyone seen this?
    I just got it in the mail today, gonna watch it tonight sometime.
    It has something to do about an adopted boy and his new foster parents and the Acacia tree in the backyard. Anyway, the kid thinks his real mom's spirit is in the tree and a whole lotta stuff happens. Will post back here tonight and tell y'all what I think of it. :)

2. DefJeff

DefJeff Franca Stoppi's #1 fan

You know you gotta let me know how this is when you watch it dude!

I've been going back and forth between ordering the LE, but I hear mixed reviews on this so that always makes me want to hold off.

3. Deaddevilman

Deaddevilman Guest

I've been holding off on this one as well. The reviews have been mixed.
    Let us know how it is.

4. BloodMan

BloodMan Kill Time B4 It Kills You

OK
    Just finished watching the flick. When I first watched like 10 minutes of it yesterday, it was kinda boring. I watched the entire thing and I must say its a good movie. Not great tho, but its very well made and the performances are generally quite good. The best performances come from the kids though. Really awesome these kids.
    As for the story... It is pretty interesting, kinda touching at times too. But you can see whats coming tho at about the halfway mark... or rather you can pretty much sum up something in yer head and it will probably turn out the way u think it will, but thats all I'm gonna say on that.
    I really want this soundtrack, love that humming theme with a child''s voice. :)
    Subs were kinda off sometimes... like the usual bad subtitling on some discs... missing words and stuff like that, BUT nothing too distracting.
    Nice 2.35:1 widescreen! :)

5. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I rented this last night along with One Missed Call and with all the hype surrounding the ladder I was really surprised that this was IMO the superior film. It's beautifully shot with an equally beautiful score. The story was very original and the acting was great all around. I read some complaining that the story was slow but the pace didn't bother me at all. It took it's time and it all really pays off in the end. South Korea is coming out with some good stuff lately. While Japan may be falling off a tad.

6. dwatts

dwatts New Member

Two years later - but I'm in total agreement with Ash28M here. What a terrific little film. So beautifully made, subtle, and timeless. I thought the entire thing, from conception (!) to realisation was great.

No, it's not a loud brash film - and neither are some of the greats. Wonderful film!