Adam Lambert, YAY or NAY?!?

Discussion in 'Reader Polls' started by CrazyFatEthel, Aug 20, 2009.

?

Adam Lambert, YAY or NAY?!?

1. Love Him!!!

8.3%
  2. Like Him.

8.3%
  3. Hate Him...

10.4%
  4. Dont really care...

72.9%
  1. DVD-fanatic-9

DVD-fanatic-9 And the Next Morning, When the Campers Woke Up...

I stick my thumb down at everything in or related to the world of American Idol. Sometimes the auditions are funny. But the music is lame. And since there is no show without the music...

2. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Hey..how come Hellrazor got shot and I didn't????:rolleyes:

3. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Well, okay...I guess its gotta be fair....:fire:...:D

4. HellRazor

HellRazor New Member

Just lucky I guess. :eek1:

5. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

:lol:

6. Mutilated Prey

Mutilated Prey Soul Stealer

Don't care - he's an Axel Rose wannabe that has one screech note somewhat strategically placed in whatever song he's singing

7. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Too much of that annoying falsetto-testicles caught in a vice type thing-he's got presence no doubt but should probably be in a band rather than a solo act.

8. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

Don't care.

9. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Anybody bought/heard his new material? I bough his album the day it came out!!!:D

10. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

Being gay myself I have to say: I HATE HIM.

He's overly flamboyant and he represents gay people in a negative light. That recent stunt he pulled where he made out with a guy on a stage (anything to be JUST like your hero Madonna, eh?) was nothing more than a publicity stunt. I'm not defending Madonna at all when it comes to a stunt like this either. I just figure if you're going to try and get some attention, do it with MUSICAL TALENT... you know.. the reason you're IN the music industry in the first place?

There's gay, and then there's fag. Unfortunately it's people like Adam Lambert and Chris Crocker that make me ashamed to admit I'm gay sometimes.

11. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Well, there are different kinds of gay, there are "normal" gay people, then there are over the top "flamboyant" gay people. Its just about whats inside. And I was asking what people thought of his ALBUM not him.

12. rhett

rhett Administrator

That stunt was really bad. The whole performance, really, you got a sense that he was some little kid under the impression that screaming and throwing a tantrum will get you attention. The guy has about as much of an edge as a bowling ball, and his trying attempt to sir up controversy was just embarrassing. More embarrassing, though, was the puritan way it was handled in the media, with the double standard of blurring the kiss out on Good Morning, America, when said show previous showed Brit and Madge locking lips years prior. It just reaffirms that same, sad double standard that gay women = hawt, gay men = a private matter.

13. Anthropophagus

I agree with you totally on this. Musical talent has taken a back seat to these ridiculous stunts for too long now. He has talent there is no doubt about that but his music and stage persona leave me cold as does all the goddamned hype.

14. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

I have mega problems against both sides of this controversy.

One, the show being about simulated oral sex and grinding is a bit much, and it does not matter what orientation or sex you are. Now, it is so obviously a publicity stunt, it's not even funny. The voice sucked, and Adam admits to that. For a live television show, it was not the route to go for the AMA's.

On the other hand, people are taking way too big a swig at other aspects of the performance. I think the "because I am gay" excuse for being attacked is silly, because it was just plain raunchy. BUT, the mistake is what people do not say. Janet Jackson grabbed a guy's crotch in the show too...ya never hear about that, do ya? The whole blurring of the guy-to-guy kiss was also a dead giveaway that, while the show was innappropriate, it had a focused hate more because of the fact that is was more gay. Like what was already said, if Britney/Madonna could go uncensored 5-6 years ago, the clip of Adam/Random Guy should have been totally acceptable.

Both sides are at fault. As for being overly flamboyant...uh...classifying it as a non "normal" gay is off. He is not too flam, but in the end, does it matter? I just find it irritating when shit comes up that demeans the way people look at gays, no matter who is 'wrong'.

15. Shlockjock81

Shlockjock81 New Member

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that the title of this thread was "Adam Lambert, YAY or NAY?!?". I stated my opinion and I stand by it.

16. Anthropophagus

Applying the label 'Normal' vs 'Abnormal' based on people's sexual preferences and means of self-expression seems pretty disturbing to me.
    I'd love to have a general consensus as to what is a 'normal' homosexual vs. a 'normal' heterosexual.
    Whether gay or straight, I think Lambert's got a great voice but he's doing shit music and sinking his career with these stupid stunts. The britney, janet jackson, madonna stunts were just as dumb IMO so it's not about sexual discrimination.

17. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Okay what prestigious music school did this pop loser go to so we can argue "but he is talented!!" ? I dont "hate" anyone but I do "hate" his music (what little I have been unfortunate enough to sample) And as with all music polls that is just my humble opinion. ;)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  18. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

As an abnormal heterosexual myself (I don't know what that means precisely, don't read anything into it besides silliness), I don't care much if he's gay or into sheep or whatever. He is who he is, and I think it's great that he's willing to push people's buttons - and if it exposes hypocrisy (in the media or wherever) that's even better.

Good Morning America shouldn't have blurred the kiss out.

Of course, Adam has also said that he doesn't want to be a poster child for the gay community, he wants it to be about the music. I'm not sure how he can have it both ways when he does things like this. He's setting himself up to be a standard bearer, and distracting attention from the music.

That said - I do like his voice a lot, though the performance was terrible.

19. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Ditto!!!!:banana:

20. wago70

wago70 Surviving on nostalgia

San Francisco - down by them two ol' sheds
    He's alright, but I don't care for his music. He reminds me of someone I'd go to "Rocky Horror" with. His singing style is very "Star Search" to my ears. As a celebrity, he's fine with me. I wish however, there were more openly gay celebs who were more like Gerard Butler or Russell Crow (that just my once-private preference). I've never, however, had a problem with theatrical flamboyance from my gay celebs.