"After Dark Horror Fest" titles coming out on DVD

Discussion in 'General' started by Xtro_13, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I can't really argue with that per se, except that I didn't think they were horrible.

I found them average horror fare at best, on the level with most DTV horror efforts (with a decent budget) of recent memory. The "After Dark" tag on them almost seems like a marketing after thought.

2. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Just want to say I finally got around to watching a couple of these- and based on the various opinions on different threads on these movies gravedancers and unrest seemed to be the faves so I checked them out since they were on Comcast on Demand (fearnet) - Gravedancers I found to be okay- dialogue and acting was pretty mediocre to bad - had some good ideas story wise and was kinda fun and tongue in cheek- but pretty average- say a 5.5 out of 10- I found Unrest to actually be pretty interesting- had a few holes in the story but overall had a good story, decent acting, plenty of gross out moments- not great but good- give it a 6.5 outta ten- not sure if ill bother seeing the rest anytime soon since most people that have seen most of all of them liked these two the best and I found them to be pretty mediocre

Last edited: Sep 16, 2007
  3. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

I watched Penny Dreadful tonight, and that title sure didn't lie! That movie was dreadful! Fuck did it ever suck! 85% of the movie is the pathetic car-phobic girl trapped in the car all by herself, gah...... Avoid this piece of crap.

4. CasEjonz

CasEjonz Guest

Absolutely what it is, that way you can package up a bunch of flotsum and jetsum asa $100 box set, and with a running design, you can hope to get collectors to buy multiple movies since they are from the same "collection." Theya re doing the same thing with the "Ghost House" collection.

Almost picked up Wicked Little Things the other day for $4, but decided to wait, I still nedd to fillout my MOH runs before worrying about the After Darks.

5. dmeister

dmeister New Member

Has anyone watched any of the third installment of this series? The series seems to be losing quality with each year.

dmeister

6. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

There's a thread for it. I've seen two of the movies, Slaughter and Autopsy. Some people here liked Slaughter, I thought it was average. Autopsy was pretty good. The Broken got a high review over at DVDtalk.com

7. MadmanMarz

MadmanMarz Member

Honestly I think this years bunch is much better than the Second years assortment. So far I have seen Slaughter, Autopsy, From Within and Perkins 14...which are at least better than 6 of the previous years 8 Films to Die 4 (I only liked Borderland and Mulberry St.)

8. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

I don't agree with that . I may be mistaken but unlike the Ghost House collection these were actually shown in a limited theatric release under the After Dark Horror Fest release label.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  9. dmeister

dmeister New Member

I revisited Penny Dreadful again today. This is one of those rare slasher flicks with a protagonist who is so incredibly annoying that you're actually left pissed at the psychopath for taking so damn long to kill her. Every minute she's on the screen is like listening to fingernails scratching a chalkboard, making it impossible to empathize with, much less sympathize for, her and her plight.

So far, my favorite flims out of the After Dark Horror Fest series are easily The Abandoned and From Within.

dmeister