Alfred Hitchcock: The Essentials Collection (6/4/13)

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Mikey Horror, May 18, 2013.

1. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

For those of you, like me, who passed on the masterpiece collection because you wanted some, but not all of the movies, Universal is releasing this on June 4th:

[​IMG]

On a side note, does anyone know if the original Psycho blu-ray is out of print? When I saw this box set was coming out, I put mine on eBay and it's already jumped to $15.50. Wasn't expecting that.

2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

The individual release is indeed OOP currently.

3. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

That's interesting, Universal's also including North By Northwest again. Since it's a Warner title I wouldn't expect them to put it in yet another release but there you have it.

I've been hoping for a single disc version of Vertigo since the UK edition does not have the mono track. I'd also pick up Dracula's single disc as the UK is missing the 2nd commentary track too.

4. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Good to know. I skipped on the Masterpiece Collection because I had already bought the Psycho blu-ray. That, and the annoying book packaging. I hate those!

If this essentials collection included Shadow Of A Doubt, it'd have all the ones I really want.