Alien 2 (a.k.a. Alien Terror) coming to BD!!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Steel76, Oct 14, 2010.

1. foller

foller Active Member

The cover artwork looks horrible. Why don't they use the original?

Attached Files:

2. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

3. hellraiser40

hellraiser40 Active Member

i mailed them and got a response real quick (about 2hours later)

it will be released (normally) in mid November

4. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Alien 2 : Sulla Terra ~ Ceri Ippolito

Another one of those "bad ones" coming to DVD/ Blu. And another one I don't know much about:

http://dvdsleuth.blogspot.com/2010/10/alien-2-on-earth-on-blu-ray-from-new.html

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078749/

5. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

I used to have the Greek VHS, this movie is terrible. There is a camp factor to it though.

6. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

Very low budget film made to cash in on Alien.

Attached Files:

7. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

So far, is only coming to Blu-Ray (which sucks since I still don't own a Blu-Ray) but you can contact the folks at Midnight Legacy over at their contacts page and request for a DVD release too.

8. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

9. Crystal Plumage

Crystal Plumage Dig me..but don't bury me

Thanks to the "threadmerger" .

And thanks for that!

10. Funktion

Funktion Member

If it was any other label, I would be all over this release.

But there's no way I'm supporting a release by a label formed by a bootlegger who financed his label by selling copyrighted works, effectively profiting from someone else's hard work (even going as far as selling titles that were already about on legit labels), and another guy who happens to be a racist and a very sad human being, who wrote some lovely things about several people from the horror community, including people from this very site, as you can see here:
    http://www.avmaniacs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=846078&postcount=54
    (look under "Dave Anderson").

11. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

Well, since this is the only way to get a brand new remastered version of a long "lost" italian horror movie, I personally don´t care what they did in the past. As long as they didn´t murder anyone ;)

And please don´t let any of that bickering over at AV Manics forum bleed over to this thread as there is a LOT of people excited about this movie coming out to Blu-Ray.

12. Funktion

Funktion Member

You're right. They didn't murder anyone. Only wished they would kill themselves...

To quote what Mr. Dolph Chiarino, co-owner of the Midnight Legacy label said:

"Dave Anderson

I run Horrordvds.com. I enjoy the constant race with Gay Samauelson to see who gets “first look” status. I’m 23, live in the middle of nowhere, am still in college, but have a wife and two invalid children. I love horror movies and have the best website on the net. Wow, look at what Todd’s doing, he’s charging for use of his forums, so why can’t I do that as well? I think of myself as the end all of film connoisseurs and make statements like, “Even I can’t watch Salo”. Hey, did I mention I’m from Maine? I hate Dolph and can’t stand that every time he posted on my site, even when he was abusive, his threads got at least 50 times the amount of views any of the other topics did. One time I fought with Dolph and talked a lot of shit. Dolph then told me he was going to Chiller and that we could meet up and he would kick my fucking ass. I told him he was bluffing. I didn’t go to Chiller that weekend because I had to…, umm…oh I remember, I had to impregnate my wife with another kid I can’t afford. Yeah, that’s it. I need to still ask for free shit from all the companies still silly enough to provide me with copies, sell them on Ebay so I can pay for diapers, then actually review some about a year after their initial release. I do hate arguing with Dolph though because he always makes me look like an idiot and this one time he told me that he hoped my son got his head run over by a big car.

One of my finer moments for sure. Notwithstanding his behavior, any guy that puts up pictures of one of his obese reviewer’s wedding (Karen, if I recall correctly), which had a horror theme by the way, should take his own life. That Karen girl should follow suit as well, but hey, one at a time. This guy should dissipate off the earth by means of starvation, to prove a point and set an example for all white trash as a “don’t do” map of sorts. KILL YOURSELF!"

Since that girl he mentioned happens to be a past member of this forum who was quite nice and helped me out several times when I needed info on some releases when I was new to the DVD format, you can understand I take offense when someone calls her "obese reviewer" and says she should take her own life, along with the owner of this site.

I love movies, but no matter how hard I want to see Alien 2 on a shiny BD, I won't be giving my money to these people.

And I have to wonder: would they be happy if someone took their BD and sold bootlegs of it, like they did themselves in the past? It would be poetic justice... :p

13. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

The "Adolph" person even attacked me when he went on a mad posting spree at this very forum some years ago.
    You guys shouldn't buy their blu-ray unless he apologizes to me first :mad:;)

14. Funktion

Funktion Member

This guy can't possibly be a sane, balanced person. I'm sure most of us got into a bit of a heated argument with someone on an internet forum, but this guy used a website and forums to insult people with racist comments, made fun of another person's children, said another guy should be injected with AIDS, and so on.

How can someone think it's a good idea to be associated with this person?
    Add to that a bootlegger, and you have a label with a wonderful reputation.

Supporting these guys by paying $30+ on a product who might not even be legit (I wouldn't be surprised, given their past)?
    No, thank you.

15. rhett

rhett Administrator

Dolph also inexplicably ripped into Paff, too. At the end of the day, though, he's only one part of the company, and while I can't speak for Dave or Paff, why deny yourself a perfectly good title because of what some dude said on a blog eight years ago. I hate the guy who runs the Blockbuster I buy used movies from, but that won't stop me from going there to pick up good flicks. Bill Knight seems pretty embarrassed by the whole thing and ready to move on, and hey, if they want to turn over a new leaf why hold them back?

16. Steel76

Yeah, I´m not gonna let anything that happened between people I don´t know 8 years ago stop me from buying and enjoying their future discs.

Especially since they are releasing obscure stuff that no other studio seems to be interested in doing anytime soon.

Though I understand why some of you are still pissed off by that Dolph guys crazy behavior.

But please, let´s stay on topic and talk about Alien 2 instead. :)
    Life is to short to dwell upon bad things that happened years ago ;)

17. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

Dolph was clearly getting me and Dave confused with each other when he wrote this. I'm the one from Maine, Dave's from New Hampshire :D

Seriously everyone, let this be a cautionary tale in your own lives. Once you post something online it's almost impossible to get rid of, and it can come back to haunt you...years later even, as this example shows.

From a personal perspective, an eight year-old rant is not enough by itself to kill a purchase for me. The story of "the business" is one of holding your nose and dealing with somebody you'd rather not deal with because they have something you need or want. My day job is in commercial casting, and there are certain people - casting directors, ad agencies, corporate clients - that you dread seeing come through the door, but you work with them anyways because they're the ones who can help you. It was the same thing in film distribution. Personal animosities are not irrelevant - I would probably feel different about Dolph's rant if it hadn't been nearly a decade ago - but they're not everything. The people who were attacked have every right to feel aggrieved, and everyone has the right to decline a purchase based on how they feel about Bill and Dolph, but the quality of the Blu-Ray will stand on its own, if it's as good as what they promise.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  18. NIN

NIN Member

Please stay on topic.

19. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

They're talking about Midnight Video, that's pretty on topic. The people behind Midnight Video have said and done some really dumb things, and they reap what they sow.

20. Steel76

The topic is the movie ALIEN 2 and not the damn bickering about some shit that happened 8 years ago. PLEASE move on! Or continue in the thread over at AV Maniac forum.

Is it so hard to understand that some of us actually want to talk about the movie without having to read page after page about this endless fight? It´s actually getting a bit childish from BOTH sides.