Alien 2 (a.k.a. Alien Terror) coming to BD!!

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Steel76, Oct 14, 2010.

1. rhett

rhett Administrator

There is nothing preventing you or anyone else from discussing the film specifically right now in this thread. The elephant in the room about previous deprecating comments is something that needed to be addressed and has been. It's been handled quite respectfully here and without any histrionics like over at the Maniacs board. I can't see what you'd find "childish" about our discussion here. Since this is Midnight's first title, their credibility certainly is in question at this point, so it's pretty valid to bring up their company in the discussion. This is for the Blu-ray release of ALIEN 2, not just ALIEN 2 on its own. Had this been a Euro-horror topic, then yes, these threads about Dolph's infamous post would be off topic, but here, it's very much welcome.

2. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

30,000 Limited Edition? Hell, this will be around for years.

I can't recall ever seeing the movie, but I might bite if the SRP isn't outrageous.

3. Steel76

Steel76 Well-Known Member

It hasn´t turned childish over here yet, but if you check AV Maniacs it has gone way overboard at the moment ;)

So I hope it doesn´t turn into that over here so we don´t have to go through 10 pages of bickering to get to some sweet info about the coming disc ;)

4. Steel76

Yeah, 3000 would have been more of a limited edition.

The movie is insane, I first saw it on VHS as a kid and fell in love with it instantly :D

It´s a bit slow to begin with, but as soon as they enter a cave with the alien in it, the gore is flying everywhere, with aliens popping out of eyesockets, exploding heads etc :)

Can´t believe it has taken so long for this one to get a release on disc. And there are lots of more classics from italy I want on DVD or BD.

Like Hands of Steel (Atomic Cyborg) and Atlantis Interceptors (Raiders of Atlantis).

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  5. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

Thanks for that link. OMG, the movie looks bad. Not so-bad-it's-good, but just plain bad. I certainly won't be buying this (certainly not for the premium they'll probably charge). So double-thanks for saving me some cash!

6. zompirejoe

zompirejoe Member

Does anyone have an idea as to how much this will sell for ?

7. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

It will be very cheap in 5 years when there are 25,000 unsold units left.

8. Funktion

Funktion Member

You actually believe they will manage to sell 5000 copies of this title at a retail price of $30+? ;)

9. x666x

x666x Well-Known Member

Ha ha. That was me trying to be optimistic.

10. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

Trying to guess sales numbers is tricky for a title like this, seeing that 1) Personal antagonisms are going to play a role in who orders it and how widely it's reviewed and 2) They don't appear to be going through the same distribution routine as the other companies. But realistically, it's hard to see this selling more than a thousand units during its initial months on the marketplace, and 500-700 units is probably more realistic.

11. joltaddict

joltaddict New Member

Yeah. No fucking sale.

12. Kim Bruun

Kim Bruun Resident Scream Queen

Is there a diagnosis on this guy? Because that article is not just mean and in very poor taste - it's downright irrational. I can't imagine any clinically sane person willing to go online and call out a large group of individuals, asking them to kill themselves. And he's a racist and a homophobe to boot.

I feel conflicted, because the release itself appeals to me.

13. Steel76

Since this is the only way to get Alien 2 on blu-ray, I wouldn´t care if Satan himself released it :D

I have waited since DVD first popped up in 1997 for this to come out on disc.

Yeah the guy seems insane, but if they continue to release obscure cultclassics on BD that no other label would bother with, I actully don´t care ;)

But that´s just me ;)

14. rhett

rhett Administrator

Let's just be clear, this was a rant that was written ON THE INTERNET eight years ago, posted for an hour before being taken down. I'd like to think the writer has changed since, and as you see all the time on message boards, the anonymity of a computer makes people go off without a sense of restraint. Dolph's was certainly an attack, but his vitriol was so over the top you almost expect the whole post to end with "...the aristocrats!"

Plus, Dolph is only one third of this company...how many questionable characters do you guys work with? I'd like to give this new venture a clean slate. For those of you who have been here for eight years or more, would you like to be held to everything you wrote that long ago? Scream was probably in my top ten list back then. If Dolph was still sounding off like that today on our boards, then yeah, it's a point worth noting. Until that happens, though, we should wait and let the release speak for itself.

15. Angelman

Angelman OCD Blu Ray Collector

Ha! I love that your version of a humiliating internet past is liking SCREAM. Brilliant.

16. springjack

springjack New Member

Me too...

Better to follow the footsteps of the guy himself and download an online rip of his blu-ray.

Maybe he would like that.
    ________
    DODGE SRT-4 SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  17. rhett

rhett Administrator

omg 2 f'n scarey d00d!!!! way bettz than erben legend!1

18. bgart13

bgart13 New Member

Well, he did pop up over the summer at AV Maniacs under a new name, jkurtz. Some rather mean-spirited vitriol began to be spewed by him then too. How do we know Dolph was jkurtz? Same IP as when he posted with his real name.

Check out these two threads for some of the same craziness, in which jkurtz attacks MB, John Sirabella and whatnot:

http://avmaniacs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46460&highlight=jkurtz

He also made some rather ridiculous accusations towards Code Red, claiming they were bootleggers. So...there ya go. This guy is now a third of a new company claiming to be going legit.

Whatever.

19. Jeremy

Jeremy Closet SCREAM fan

This was posted in that thread by that JKurtz fellow, who is now apparently revealed as Dolph in disguise. The clear implication here, in light of what we know now, is that Midnight Legacy has the video rights for BUIO OMEGA spoken for once Media Blasters' license expires.

20. Funktion

Funktion Member

He is also Baraka X on the Blu-Ray.com forums, and posted similar rude comments about Media Blasters in there.

I would take his comments with a grain of salt.