Alien Quadrilogy coming to Blu-ray

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Katatonia, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

The Alien Quadrilogy was the first thing I bought with the first check I got from my very first job. It has sentimental value so I think after I buy this I may still hold onto it. I really have no complaints about paying for a hi-def version of the same set. There's really not much more they could add, except for maybe input from David Fincher or plugs for like a new film.

2. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

In case you haven't heard, Sigourney Wearver recorded audio commentaries for the 4 films plus all new extras being made for the Blu-Ray releases! And now, somethin' sweet that must be noticed.:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3961

The 'Alien' tetralogy is still unannounced on Blu-ray, but one lucky person already has it at home - Sigourney Weaver has revealed that she just gave the discs to her 19-year-old daughter as a "surprise Christmas present." Previously, the New York-born actress had also said she had recorded new commentaries for all four movies (see blu-ray.com, December 10).

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  3. Harry Warden

Harry Warden Well-Known Member

Cannot wait. This will be a must buy.

4. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

This should be awesome. I salivate more and more every time I hear these new details about the set. Hopefully it will indeed be released sometime in 2010...come'on Fox!

5. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

This is probably the best news of 2009 for me.

6. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

as long as the censored footage from the Alien3 documentaries is restored, i'll be there day 1. hell, i'll be there day 1 anyway, but this is what im really looking forward to. i remember being pretty pissed when fox made that change so late in the game.

7. Nailwraps

Nailwraps Well-Known Member

Big update!:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4188

"A recent promotional Blu-ray flyer from 20th Century Fox prominently features H.R.Giger's creature jumping menacingly at the reader, atop the caption "Alien Anthology Coming to Blu-ray Christmas 2010." The specific use of the word "Anthology" raises the possibility that this BD collection could include not only the "Quadrilogy" movies, but also Alien vs. Predator and Aliens vs. Predator Requiem."

8. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

Do you really think they would add that back in? That featurette was pretty toxic the way it was released. Easily the most shocking featurette I've ever seen. I'd pay a lot of money to see what was cut.

9. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

i've actually heard from a pretty good source that it will be. suffice to say, my hopes are officially raised. if this is anything other than a milestone blu ray release, i'll be seriously disappointed.

this is pure speculation, but wouldn't it be fantastic if fox were able to convince fincher to become involved? by coming completely clean about what a fucking mess the whole thing was, they might be able to engender some good will with him and get him onboard. stranger things have happened. i mean who would have expected warner bros to include commentary tracks by critics who didn't like the films on the matrix box? thats the kind of shit i live for.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  10. killit

killit Active Member

I want the original 70mm soundmix for alien, way scarier! No word on this yet huh?

11. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4339 click it or here it is

More Details of Alien Anthology Blu-ray Surface
    Posted March 24, 2010 09:54 AM by Juan Calonge

German site Bluray-disc.de has received an advance review copy of Minority Report (which is distributed in Europe by 20th Century Fox) to find that it opens with a short teaser for the upcoming Blu-ray edition of the Alien Anthology. After the extended tagline "In space no one can hear you scream – but on Blu-ray they can," it is revealed that the Anthology will consist of the movies Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection.

Additionally, according to the print edition of the UK movie magazine Empire, this release is being produced by Charles De Lauzirika, who is behind the BD releases of most of the movies directed by Sir Ridley Scott, including the monumental five-disc Blade Runner. De Lauzirika said that, while the Quadrilogy DVD was already very comprehensive, this Anthology Blu-ray set will blow it out of the water, with new extras and commentaries. Also, a new sound mix has been done for the extended edition of Alien 3, which involved bringing back some of the cast to reloop their dialogue.

12. Grim

Grim Well-Known Member

Fucking awesome.

13. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

i hope they fix the workprint ending having the baby queen bursting through the chest like in the theatrical version also

14. Katatonia

Sweet, I can't wait for this to be released!

15. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

But that's the workprint ending though. There's nothing to fix.

16. HoldenMcNeil

HoldenMcNeil Member

Just hearing all that new stuff they are doing to Alien 3 has got me super excited for this!

17. Sam

Sam Member

Awesome! Hopefully Fox won't set a ridiculous MSRP like they often do or have in the past for catalog titles.

18. Stige

Stige Active Member

ust hope they have a region free blu ray....... remember there was a few additional features in the region 1 dvd quad set compared to the region 2

19. mlock

mlock Member

Sorry I must be blind, I noticed the bluray.com update post was a couple days ago, but I didn't see a release date for the actual bluray quad set itself. :eek: I would've guessed third or fourth quarter this year?

20. Katatonia