All the Boys Love Mandy Lane finally coming out in the USA!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by fceurich39, Jul 28, 2010.

1. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

During Comic-Con, a special screening of All the Boys Love Mandy Lane was held.

Jonathan Levine and Amber Heard were in attendance. And while there was no specific news regarding the film's domestic release - which has been delayed for years - the latter told us in in this video interview that appears a distribution announcement is forthcoming. One of the producers echoed that sentiment via their Twitter account over the weekend.

All the Boys Love Mandy Lane was originally dating Dimension Films. A release date was set some time ago, but the Weinsteins pulled it at the last minute. Since then, the film has been sitting in limbo. Overseas, it has been released theatrically and on DVD.

2. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

I wonder what studio got the rights now. For some reason I'm guessing Lionsgate.

3. fceurich39

heard a rumor sony got it but who knows i guess we will find out very soon if Lionsgate got it maybe it will be part of next years afterdark horrorfest or this years

4. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Ive owned the imported blu for quite some time now- really enjoyed the movie (and Amber) - I remember ordering it online somewhere even being imported with shipping it was only like 19 or 20 bucks- I think it is a solid flick and have no idea why it is taking so long to get a release here in the States

5. Suicide

Suicide Space Bastard!

I saw this like 3 years ago, I'm still confused as to why they waited so long with this thing.

6. i heard about this movie a while ago..but i never seen it.

7. Body Boy

Body Boy Well-Known Member

About damn time.

8. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

Will be happy to finally watch it.

9. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

The UK blu-ray is region free, so it will play in any blu-ray player.

10. Beastus

Beastus New Member

My guess is E1 Entertainment as the distributor.

11. It's me Billy

It's me Billy New Member

I already bought the UK BD a few months ago, but I'll probably get the US DVD seeing as the UK DVD isn't region free.

Big thumbs down for the amount of time it took to get this released here. Four years. Rediculous.

12. bruce h

bruce h Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

I grabbed the UK Blu a while back and was less than impressed with the film -- I loved the opening, but thought the characters were incessantly annoying and every line out of their mouths rang fake. Not much in the way of gore or creative kills, either. Still, Mandy Lane is pretty hot, so it has that going for it, I guess...

13. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Just a heads up, DeepDiscount has the UK blu-ray for $8.58! The disc is region free, the movie will play in any blu-ray player, but extras might not.

14. MarkWarner

MarkWarner New Member

They should have called it All The Boys Kind Of Love Mandy Lane, cause there's hardly anything done with that plot point.

(If you can't tell, I didn't dig this film.)

15. fceurich39

i am still shocked there is still no region 1 release along with poughkeepsie tapes but that one is coming now since mgm is out of financial trouble

lionsgate should just release this and slap on the ghost house underground label

16. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

You can still buy this import blu on Ebay for less than $10.00 which includes free shipping. Why wait for the U.S. release?

17. fceurich39

i have a all region dvd but i want a region 1 release though

18. othervoice1

Just watched the blu again tonight- loved it just as much if not more the second time- can't believe it is taking so long to get an R1 release- heck it was filmed in Austin TX- what is the deal??? Fyi the extras (although not much to them) play just fine on my blu ray player

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  19. Zillamon51

Zillamon51 Member

I recall seeing theatrical trailers for this years ago. Then... nothing. It didn't look like anything special (slasher movie w/ TCM remake atmosphere) but I would like to see it (Amber Heard was great in Drive Angry). The same thing happened years earlier w/ a martial arts fantasy called Zu Warriors w/ Zhang Ziyi. I saw the trailers, kept an eye out for the movie, and... nothing. I guess it quietly went DTV or something.

20. othervoice1

Info from Wikipedia on why it never got released in theatres in the US or an R1 dvd release so far:

The film was originally supposed to be released in 2007 by The Weinstein Company (via their Dimension Films label), but due to the failure of Grindhouse, among other horror films, The Weinstein Company sold the film to Senator Entertainment US.[4] Senator, who at the time was setting up their own distribution company, later went out of business, and the film has been held in limbo with other unreleased projects since. At Comic-Con 2010, director Levine and star Heard appeared for a screening of the film, and said that release was finally forthcoming, though they did not say when or who would be handling the release. It has been number one on Bloody Disgusting's list of the best unreleased horror films for the last four years.