All the Boys Love Mandy Lane finally coming out in the USA!

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by fceurich39, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Well there's 2 threads for this film so I wasn't sure which one to post in (might need to merge them). Anyway, finally watched this last night due to all the old buzz it had and the controversy of it being shelved. Sadly it wasn't much to write home about. I found it dull and unfocused with a twist that doesn't make much sense. It was a real letdown. The characters were almost all unlikable which made this even more frustrating to sit through as it dragged along.

2. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

and the section I bolded is part of the problem. The "controversy" that caused the shelving was purely financial; the Weinsteins took a bath on the Tarantino/Rodriguez Grindhouse double feature, and so they decided to just not release another horror film. But when we hear of "forbidden fruit", some movie that they won't let you see for some reason, you start to build it up in your head that it's really mind-blowing. It's not. All The Boys Love Mandy Lane, a movie I do enjoy, is just a well-made slasher film. Far from earth shattering, but fun nonetheless.

3. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I actually didn't know anything about the film going in and wasn't thinking about its troubled release while watching it so for me that played no effect in my dislike for the film.
    I was actually expecting a rape revenge sort of flick to be honest so I was surprised to find out that was not case. After watching it I wondered if that would have at least made it a more interesting and focused film.