All the Boys Love Mandy Lane

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Cujo108, Jul 1, 2007.

1. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

I'll probably end up picking this up if I see it anytime soon. Sounds like it could be somewhat similar to Bad Reputation which was kinda fun.

2. KamuiX

KamuiX The Eighth Samurai

3. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

I saw it. Basically I agree with everything _pi_ said.

I'm still not sure I liked the ending though. As was mentioned, it wasn't exactly a surprise. I'm one of the dumbest people around when it comes to figuring out how a flick is going to end, and I saw this one coming. Still though, it felt like the only ending they could have that would be satisfying so that's a minor complaint. I'd have rather had
    her complete the pact with her friend, rather than betray him as that seems like a less Hollywood ending
    , but yeah it still worked.

Not nearly a perfect film. There's moments of horrible, cliched dialogue but there's also a nice look and feel, and an obvious love for the movie by all involved. Glad I saw it and I'll definitely buy the DVD when it gets released.

4. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Nice, stylish slasher but the ending didn't wow me or anything because I could smell it miles away. I was hoping for a
    Happy Birthday To Me
    kind of ending. How cool would've that been? :D Instead, we get another
    Scream
    sort of ending. As mentioned before, not a perfect movie (great soundtrack though) and the reason why the Weinstein's shelved it I guess. Still worth a look if they ever release it.

5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

when is this coming to dvd? what company owns the rights to releasing this?

6. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I really want to see this. I loved the director's style in The Wackness (which he made AFTER this movie!) and want to see what he would do with a horror film.

7. _pi_

_pi_ Peace, bitch

It's already out in the UK (with the worst-looking cover I've ever seen), but I think it's pretty bare-bones :(

8. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I'm dying to see this as well! Wasn't Anchor Bay due to release this domestically, or did I imagine that? Regardless, I've held off buying an import...surely someone will release it here! :eek2:

9. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

yeah i thought i heard something awhile back about anchor bay or dimension extreme releasing it

10. HAEMORRHAGE

HAEMORRHAGE If he dies, he dies

Dimension Extreme is supposed to release it. I guess whenever it finally comes out it'll be available at everyone's local Wal-Mart.

11. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

Watched the UK Blu-Ray last night, and I really loved this movie. It's nice to see a teen slasher that doesn't feel like a Dawson's Creek episode. Liked the ending too.

Too bad this never got a US release. Obviously the US studios want a PG-13 rating and more stars from the CW Network.

12. gore

gore Guest

Any word of a US release of this yet? The blue ray is a bit pricey.

13. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

Right now, the UK Blu-Ray is part of the AmazonUK 3 For 2 Sale. And there's a few good titles that haven't been released in the USA. Escape from New York, The Fog, Shrooms, Thirteen Ghosts, I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, Almost Famous, The Island. Plus, Amazon removes the VAT at checkout.

Or if you just wanted Mandy Lane, you can get the Blu-Ray at BlahDVD for £13.83 shipped to the USA (around $20-$21).

14. Katatonia

Didn't that sale end?

15. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

According to the sale page, it ends on January 31st. However, Amazon is notorious for ending their sales early. So I wouldn't wait if you're planning to order.

Go to the DVD section at AmazonUK. Click on "Bargains" at the top. On the left side, click on "3 for 2 on Selected Blu-ray Discs". There's currently 308 titles to choose from.

Not all are Region Free, so check here first:

http://bluray.liesinc.net/index.php?region=b

16. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Thanks I just ordered it - hope I like it since this is the first and maybe last blu ray i buy that isnt available in the states- but been interested in this title for a while now and doesnt look like it is coming to region 1 anytime soon- using a currency converter I believe this comes to 20.29 shipped so that isnt bad.

17. Katatonia

Ah okay, found it again. I had seen the sale a few days ago there, but couldn't find it again earlier.

You really have to research some of those blu-rays though, and not just the region coding. Apparently the Escape from New York release has a horrid transfer.

18. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

movie is EXTREMELY over rated and oh so boring...no big loss if it goes direct to video here in the states

19. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I finally got around to watching the UK blu-ray and I really liked it- unfortunately when i tried to click on either of the "extras" (there is a uk trailer and commentary with amber heard) nothing happens - does anyone else on here have the blu-ray and tried playing the extras on a R1 blu ray player? Just wondered if I have a bad disc or something my ps3 doesnt like about the extras cuz everything else works fine - never had this happen before- anyways I liked the movie - amber heard is hot as hell and it has a pretty good ending even thought I kinda saw it coming

20. Kolpitz

Kolpitz Purely and Simply Evil

How's the transfer? I thought about picking this up but the few reviews I could find made it out to be pretty bad.