All the Boys Love Mandy Lane

Discussion in 'Slashers' started by Cujo108, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

Nothing wrong with your player. This is a common problem with European blu-rays on US players. Many UK blu-rays have extras in PAL SD. Most US blu-ray players won't play PAL. Check the import thread in the HD forum.

This film is shot in a style that makes it look like a low-budget 70's slasher. It's not intended to be dazzling eye candy. The video's intentionally glaring and washed out during the day, dark and murky at night. So I don't know how anyone can accurately review the video transfer. Personally, I had no problem with the video.

2. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

I thought the transfer was fine as well - it is not the type of movie that was shot to look great on blu-ray but there are parts where it does shine now and then. I read a review on a couple sites that gave it a mediocre rating because for how it was shot it does still look better than the regular dvd. But I got it for 20.29 shipped to my door as an import blu-ray so that isnt bad

3. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Gave this a spin today again and liked it a bit better.
    I checked IMDb for Soundtrack info because of that cool Sister Golden Hair cover, and looked up release dates afterwards. According to IMDb there will be a limited Theatrical release July 17, 2009. Finally? :rolleyes:

4. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

Loved the soundtrack. Especially that Sister Golden Hair cover by Juliette Commagere. Wish I could find it somewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VSf-Awa09E

5. fceurich39

fceurich39 Well-Known Member

has this came out yet on region 1 dvd or when will it how owns the rights to this film?

6. fceurich39

i liked this movie i got it on a dvd-r with dvd cover art i hope an official release comes out

7. fceurich39

Fango just heard from Senator Entertainment, which revealed that the long-awaited slasher opus ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE is still without a U.S. release date. A July 17 debut was announced in Entertainment Weekly recently, but that’s been rescinded as of now

i just this would get a officially dvd release here in the states until then i am happy with my dvd-r copy of the region 2 dvd release

8. othervoice1

othervoice1 Well-Known Member

Yea I really enjoyed this movie also- as mentioned earlier I got this imported on blu-ray a while back for only like 20.00 shipped- and with no release date STILL in the states kinda glad I did- even if we get a dvd finally here it is possible we will not get a blu-ray. Anyways I really enjoyed this one

9. fceurich39

www.dvdaf.com now says region 1 release of mandy lane is owned by sony pictures first it was dimension extreme then senator both of which were correct then the weinstein sold to senator and senator went under and scrapped the july 17th limited theatrical release for the USA if this is true it looks like mandy lane will finally see the light of day on dvd in America

10. Odin

Odin Guest

Does anyone know if there's a difference between the uk and german blu-ray? I heard the uk version is kind of grainy.

11. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

I haven't seen both, so I can't compare them. But I don't know how anyone can really rate the video quality. The movie is intentionally washed out, over exposed, faded and grainy to give it a low budget 70's style.

12. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

AmazonUK now has the blu-ray for £6.98. After postage it's about $16 shipped to the USA.

13. fceurich39

tempted to get the region 2 uk blu-ray since it is region free but the extras won't play correct?

14. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

The extras are in PAL, so you'll either need a Blu-ray player that can convert PAL to NTSC in order to play them, or view the extras on a Blu-ray computer drive where those two formats don't matter.

15. fceurich39

yep i probably should wait because usually when i pick up stuff like this or get vhs movies an official release is announced

16. Reverenddave

Reverenddave New Member

I haven't seen the extras (I've got a US PS3), but I don't think there's much substance. It's just a trailer and an interview with Amber Heard.

Here's two clips from the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wHYej0IjB0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1zO70llgSM

17. Queen B

Queen B Guest

I've had the R2 DVD for awhile now. After three viewings, I'm still debating on whether or not it's a worthwhile genre effort. Don't know if it was intentional, but the three acts are VERY distinct from each other in terms of tone. For this reason the film feels unbalanced. The early reveal of the killer hurts things as well. And their m.o. is handled rather sloppily.

Overall, there still are a few shocks to be found, and Amber Heard's performance deserves to be noted. But I wish some changes were made with the screenplay prior to the production getting the green-light.

18. CrazyFatEthel

CrazyFatEthel New Member

Never heard of this, is it worth tracking down though?

19. Cujo108

Cujo108 Guest

Wow. It's been more than two years since I made this thread, and this still hasn't hit R1. Not that it matters to me personally, as I ordered the Blu-ray when it was first released. No way I was going to wait to see this, though I would have gladly seen the film in theaters despite that, as I thought it was terrific. Amber Heard is incredible. I hope that new Carpenter film with her gets made.

20. dannychin

dannychin Guest

hey i seen this movie before