Alone in the Dark

Discussion in 'General' started by moogong, Mar 22, 2004.

1. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

Anybody a fan of the survival horror video game that's been turned into a movie. I know it's finished filming but not sure it's release date. I hope it turns out good because good games turned bad movies really piss me off.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369226/

2. Hellbilly

Hellbilly Active Member

Well, it's directed by Uwe Boll so don't get your hopes too high :lol:

3. puddytay

puddytay Guest

I actually didnt like the first game. I never really understood what to do and found it quite hard. I did like part 3 for the dreamcast but I only got thru the first disc because I never could find a copy where the second disc would boot up. Yeah the director isnt very promising. But it has christian slater and tara reid so it cant be half bad.

4. onebyone

onebyone Guest

If it is 1/2 as bad as House of the Dead, I am so there. God help me that movie never fails to crack me up. :banana:

5. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

I loved the games, specially #2 and the last one.. the cast looks great too so i'm definitely watching this one

6. TobalRox

TobalRox Active Member

I'm assuming you mean "A New Beginning" or something like that.. that was 4... 3 was a Western themed game for PC.

7. puddytay

puddytay Guest

really? I thought it was 1 and 2 and then the dreamcast pc version? Strange. I used to have parts 1 and 2 for 3do.

8. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

yep i remember #3.. with the western theme... i leant it to a friend of mine way back in.. must have been 93.. never saw it again..

9. Ooops! Thought this was about the 80s mutiple slasher film with Jack
    Palance and Murdock from the A-Team...my bad!

10. Atmims

Atmims Guest

Part 1 has potential to make the best movie. The movie is based on part 4 though.

11. TobalRox

TobalRox Active Member

I hate when you lend things out and they never get returned... it's why I'm more hesitant to lend things out these days... unless i really know the person and see them all the time. I only played the demo for part 3. Good old PC Gamer CD ROM demo CDs hehe.

12. Choptop

Choptop Member

I loved these games, 'specially the first one, always thought that it would make a great movie. Im kinda sorta looking forward to it, but as previously noted, the production doesnt seem to be in the greatest hands. We'll see.

13. TobalRox

TobalRox Active Member

Anyone here play "Jack in the Dark?" My PC copy of the original on CD-ROM had it as a bonus. You played as a girl dressed up for halloween as a witch that gets stuck in a store... like a gag shop or something like that.