Am I the only guy who bought the monster legacy?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Horrorfan, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Horrorfan

Horrorfan New Member

Were are all the Universal monster fans?????

2. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

I'm broke. And this, when the new Hammers come out. :(

3. Horrorfan

Horrorfan New Member

hey Mutley I bought the Dr. jekell and Mr hyde dvd from Warner bros. Haven't had time to watch it yet but I will. The only hammer dvd I like to Have is The Evil of Frankenstein. Back to the subject at hand thought. The Legacy Collections are worth every penny. Have 14 classic films on 6 dvds is great!!!!!!!

4. moogong

moogong Arte Suave

I have it on my amazon wishlist. I will probably order it once my credit card payment clears.

5. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I own all of the films from the previous releases, and there's little to nothing new to entice me. These are flippers too. Actually, as interesting as this package looks, I reckon the previous versions look better on a shelf. I've really got interest in the silly busts.

Great films then, but really, not much to make me rebuy.

6. SilentScreams

SilentScreams Member

I never picked up the original set but I did get this one. I think it's a great set and a nice price. This is probably the best DVD set I bought this year so far.

7. Hammerfan

Hammerfan Guest

I bought the Wolfman and Dracula sets (even though I have the DRACULA'S DAUGHTER/SON OF DRACULA disc from the first time around). I plan on picking up the Frankenstein set soon. I picked up the Wolfman set at Wal-mart for $19.86 and the Dracula set from Best Buy for $19.99.

8. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

I may have to put mine on layaway, but they'll be reserved for me on Friday for sure. Shit went down and I had to get a plumber. Plumbers=fat cash.

9. thrashard76

thrashard76 Guest

I'll skip this set.

10. rxfiend

rxfiend Joe Six-Pack

i bought the Frankenstein set and think it's awesome!! i wasn't planning on getting Dracula or Wolfman, however, i've since changed my mine.

11. Damed

Damed Guest

I have all the OOP universal single and double discs for these movies. The only thing I am *really* interested in is the busts that come with the entire set.

So, if anyone is buying the set to save money, and isn't that interested in the busts - shoot me a PM and we'll work something out!

12. onebyone

onebyone Guest

I ordered the set, and digitaleyes mailed it nice and early too. I suspect it will be here any day now, and when it does arrive, I am going to have a serious Monster movie marathon at casa onebyone.

13. hell ya!

hell ya! ~Go ahead, make my day~

I got it 2 days ago and so far i'm loving it. I've watched up to Son Of Frankenstein and i'm really enjoying the movies.

Also it sounds like the set is selling really well so hopefully other sets will some out soon.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2004
  14. SaviniFan

SaviniFan I Have A Fetish

I picked up the wolfman set yesterday. I'll have the other 2 within the next couple of weeks.

15. mutleyhyde

mutleyhyde Fuck it.

I agree that they're a great buy, absolutely, and am more than happy that Universal is making them available again, finally. As for Hammer, you gotta check out Dracula Has Risen from the Grave. And the Jekyll set rocks. Great buy!

I hear ya watts. Like you, I've got the original releases, but I do want to get the Dracula set for House of Dracula, which wasn't previously available.

Might also have to just go ahead and bite on the set, for the busts.

16. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Well, looks like my laser discs aren't worth a damn now.

This week all my friends have been hounding me if I've gotten the set yet. I'm somewhat amazed by how high profile this release has become. I just hope Van Helsing doesn't drive the franchise into the ground, but of course nothing could ever kill the Universal Classics. :D

Right now I'm still playing catch up on all of the out of prints from last year, so all new releases have been pushed back on my want wish.

Even though I own the Brazilian Classic Monsters Collection, I'll be picking up the complete Monster Legacy. At that price, with all the goodies, I'd be stupid not to do it.

Luck would also have it that I post ponned buying the original three Warner Hammer releases, so I'll be able to pick up the whole six disc Hammer set.

17. Damed

Damed Guest

Wait wait wait...

House of Dracula is on that set? DAMN.

Now I have to get it.

18. ScarredGod

ScarredGod Guest

i am buying mine on saturday, i need to save the money for the Pittsburgh Comicon Friday.

19. batgirl

batgirl Guest

got the box set on tuesday....59.99 at best buy including the busts...a fantastic buy....i'm in classic monster heaven, i've never even seen house of dracula before...the busts are beautiful by the way. hopefully universal will also re release the creature and mummy movies.

20. Horrorfan

Horrorfan New Member

ActuallyI haveseen Dracula has Risen from the grave.Itis good but imjust not interested in buying it.Hopefully the sales on these will bring us The Invisible Man,Creature from the Black Lagoon,and The Mummy Legacy Collections.