Am I the only guy who bought the monster legacy?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Horrorfan, Apr 29, 2004.

1. WesReviews

WesReviews Active Member

Picked up the Drac and Frank sets at Walmart, and I love them so far. I plan on getting the Wolf Man set soon.

Went to Walmart last night and noticed that both Dracula and Frankenstein were completely sold out (two whole stacks worth of each). Wolf Man was the only set remaining, and there were actually only 4 copies left. Took me by surprise.

2. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

shit, I wish I waited to order this...columbia house is having a sale and you can get the individual sets for under $17, and the whole collection for $47.97. If you have a membership, I think the sale ends May 10th, so that might be worth checking out.

3. Ravenheart

Ravenheart Guest

My Legacy Set came today and the mini busts look absolutely gorgeous.Now I have to find somewhere to put them.I guess I'll be spending the rainy weekend watching the classics

4. Horrorfan

Horrorfan New Member

If nobody wants there mini busts io have them

5. KingJeff

KingJeff Guest

I picked up the Dracula set and the packaging is the best I've seen in a long time.

I'm not a big fan of the "Disc 1 is one sided, Disc 2 is double sided" setup, but I can deal with it.

6. ErinJC23

ErinJC23 Guest

I ordered it from Amazon and eagerly (nervously) awaiting

7. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

Well, the 2nd Frankenstein disc was loose, but I haven't checked to see if its playable yet.

8. old-boo-radley

old-boo-radley They stay the same age...

I bought the three individually as the box set isn't available at my wal-mart and I didn't feel like waiting. I shook all of the copies there and none were loose, so maybe I just got lucky. One thing that did suck was my Frankenstein flipper was in the case so hard, I cracked it a tiny bit trying to get it out (near the small hole, so it'll still play). I watched Dracula and Frankenstein and thought that the transfers for such classics were pretty shitty. Age of them aside, I'd think they could do better unless it would be so costly that it wouldn't be worth it.

9. RyanPC

RyanPC Guest

Well I finally bought all three individually and I'm so glad they're finally in my collection! These are fantastic sets- the only things I have to complain about are the menus, and the picture quality of Browning's Dracula was disappointing.

There were no loose discs in my sets either and I also got mine from Wal-Mart. :)

10. life_o_petey

life_o_petey Guest

bah, i have to return the Frankenstein set. Son/Ghost of Frankenstein won't play.

11. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Well, my second disc of the Dracula set was damaged, on the DrĂ¡cula side. Does Universal have a return policy?

12. Lyle Horowitz

Lyle Horowitz Miscreant

Yes, X-human. Go to homevideo.universalstudios.com

They are most helpful and take about 3-7 days to get back to you.

13. X-human

X-human I ate my keys

Thanks, I thought I'd take a good hard look at the other discs that didn't fall loose while I was at it and the 2nd Wolfman disc had a strange mark on it, obvious will get in the way if the disc reads that far, most likely manufacturing damage.

I've contacted Universal about both but I will watch the Wolfman disc to see if that needs replacing as well.

A bit of a pain in my ass in order to own these classics, but in escapable. Eventually we all have to deal with bad DVD's, manufacturing can't be perfect.