Amazon.com sucks thread

Discussion in 'General' started by rp108, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Mortis

Mortis GARBAGE DAY!

Overnight shipping (most likely) doesn't include the processing time.

2. onebyone

onebyone Guest

Why can't you cancel the order? If it isn't in the shipping process, you should be able to cancel it. I think we are missing something in the story. They were so very strict about meeting their on time for Christmas deadlines I can't believe they just decided to screw you around on all fronts.

3. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

This sounds fishy, Amazon has some of the very best costumer service on-line, so I think that maybe this is a case of user error.

4. n3rds3x

n3rds3x Guest

I've done business with Amazon for years now and have had nothing but a great experience. To be honest, the only "bad" experience I had with Amazon was when they charged me for an auction I had cancelled. I believe the charge was something very, very insignificant like thirty cents. However, the fact that they charged me for the listing months after I closed it rubbed me the wrong way. Also, Amazon's prices are rarely the cheapest, you can usually find better deals elsewhere unless you purchase the item from a third-party seller. Regardless, Amazon does have one of the largest selections of any of the on-line retailers I frequent regularly. Unlike any of the other on-line merchants I've done business with, I never once received a damaged item from Amazon. I can't say the same for DDD or SuperDuperClub, but what do you expect when you choose standard shipping?

5. rp108

rp108 Guest

Set the record straight right now...

1. Placed order on 12/15
    2. Paid for 2 day shipping
    3. By 12/21 items were still in process of being shipped
    4. Call amazon ask them why they haven't shipped
    5. Amazon replies that there are 2 items that are not in stock
    6. I tell them please cancel those 2 items and ship the remaining 5
    7. I tell amazon that I need them before Christmas and I paid for 2 day shipping to make sure they would be here in time (hence, 2 days from the 15th is the 17th)
    8. Amazon says we will refund your shipping cost and we will ship it to you overnight at no extra charge. You will receive items by 12/23
    9. 12/22 website says they are still in the process of shipping. Called amazon and they assured me they will be at my house by the 12/23
    10. 12/23 Items are still in the shipping process and NOW says they estimate arrival between 12/29 - 1/3. Call amazon and ask them what happened. No explanation. Told them this was unacceptable and want to cancel order. Amazon responds and says they can not cancel order because it is in the shipping process.
    11. It is now 7:00 pm and I can't log into my amazon account.

6. Luna

Luna Guest

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't say I ever had a problem with Amazon, myself. I've been using them since 1996, I believe, and never once had an issue.

Maybe it's because they don't hate me.

7. 7_RaggedTiger

7_RaggedTiger Member

Yeah same story here. I buy & sell all the time. Everything goes super great. No problems so far.

8. dwatts

dwatts New Member

I bought a DVD from Amazon marketplace. Five weeks later it had not arrived. I emailed the seller, they told me "nothing we can do". Emailed Amazon, "Nothing we can do". I replied - "WTF?" Amazon refunded my money.

The same day I got the refund, the DVD turned up! It had postage stamps on it from all over Europe. I emailed the seller and told them that a) I'd got the refund today, b) The DVD arrived, they should recharge my credit card.

Got a reply back saying, "Forget it, take it as a Christmas gift for being honest."

This is not an "amazon sucks" reply.

9. Luna

Luna Guest

Nice! Somewhat along those lines, on a couple of occasions, I've gotten DUPLICATES of things I ordered through amazon sellers, due to slight mix-ups, that they wanted me to keep. I was able to sell those duplicates, which was nice, as I can always use extra money. Oh, and Amazon has sent me two free DVDs over the years for being a valuable Amazon member (they actually said that!) and even got a cookbook by mistake, which they also let me keep. Yeah, I think I'm ahead here. :lol:

Anywhere I can buy a Duran Duran CD for 3 cents plus minimal tax is good in my book.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2005
  10. rp108

rp108 Guest

Well I used to say the same thing about amazon, in fact right here in this thread but that has changed. I will never order from them again unless I have to. Been a good customer to them for 4 years and never had a problem until this and this is definatley a serious problem. Its plain and simple...

If you dont have something in stock, dont list it for sale.
    Or at least tell the customer it is out of stock when they place the order.
    Dont promise the customer overnight shipping if you cannot provide it.
    Allow the customer to cancel order if business makes mistake.

11. bwana the clown

bwana the clown Supreme Ruler Of Sados

It wasn't a big fat russian cookbook, was it????? I ordered one once and got a tiny little book on economics instead. I sent it back but it took a really long time to get a refund because they said they never received it.

But that was a long time ago and they've since done right by me - quickly sending a second Tenebre CD after the one I got was defective - and even sending me a complimentary Amazon travel mug one Xmas - so all is forgiven.

12. JW77

JW77 Support Halliburton

My only gripe with Amazon is that their packaging sucks. They tend to ship DVDs to me in cardboard wrap-arounds, which insures that digipaks/boxed sets will arrive crushed or dented. Doesn't matter if they're shipped UPS or Post Office, the packages will have the shit beat out of them by the time they get to my porch.

My other bitch is that they charge me sales tax, but that's because Kansas never met a tax it didn't like. Which is strange because it's about as red of a state as you can find. So not only are we full of religious fanatics, AND get hit with taxes every time you turn around. (Can't really lay this at Amazon's feet; they have a warehouse here, so the assholes that run my state make them charge sales tax.)

13. badnewsbrown

badnewsbrown Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2006
  14. dmeister

dmeister New Member

Yeah, I finally gave Amazon.com the boot, myself, and I used to spend thousands of dollars a year with them.

What I love is when you order something that they have listed as "In Stock - Usually ships within 24 Hours," and two days later when you check to see what the delay is they have an "expected" date of like two weeks later. :bs:

I use Barnes and Noble for just about everything now.

dmeister

15. dmeister

dmeister New Member

Yeah, I love that one, too. I don't think it's even legal to collect sales tax on an interstate purchase unless the company resides in your state. In any event, I'd be surprised if any of those taxes actually make it to Kansas.

dmeister

16. kyouki

kyouki Guest

I usually order from Buy.com over Amazon.com, especially for music cds as Buy.com 90% of the time is cheaper. I don't order DVDs from anywhere but Deep Discount.

Anyway, the only bad experience I ever had with Amazon was actually with Toys R Us, which is an affiliate of Amazon or something. I ordered 3 PS2 games during a "Buy 2, get 1 free" sale back in November. All three games were listed as in stock and ready to ship within 24 hours. A week later I got an email saying that the delivery estimate would be around mid January 2006!

Anyway, I ended up getting them in early December, so it turned out not to be too bad at all. :banana: Unfortunately all three games were pretty lousy and I sold them soon after. Since one was free, I ended up making money though!

17. KR~!

KR~! The Apocalyptic Kid

You call that you "only bad experience"? :eek2:

18. Dave

Dave Pimp

I did a lot of my Xmas shopping through Amazon this year. I had an overall good experience. On one order they did not gift wrap the items, which I requested - and paid for. They were quick to refund the $ after an email, however. I even used them to drop ship items to my nieces in Nevada - all of whom got the presents before the estimated dated.

19. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Sorry to dig up and dust off such an old thread, but has anyone else noticed a serious degradation of Amazons service lately? Shipping has increased over a dollar, rarely does anything I pre-order actually ship on release day anymore. I used to get my orders in two to three days tops, now it seems like everything takes over a week. Is this their way of getting everyone to sign up for their Prime bullshit? Not to mention that a couple of people who I know that signed up for Prime said it really isn't that much faster. Prime makes such a big deal about new releases being on your doorstep on the actual release day? That's how the service should be for everyone! I would always have my orders shipped the day of release and get them in about two days, now they don't even ship the new releases until two days later. I'm done with them, it's Diabolik DVD for me from here on out. Those guys are great. I ordered the new Street Trash blu-ray last night and it shipped out this morning. That's customer service! They may be a couple of dollars more on occasion, but I have no problem giving my money to the people who actually give a shit about their customers.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  20. MisterTwister

MisterTwister The Schlock King

Except for some preorders, I stopped using them due to the shipping increase.