Amazon.com sucks thread

Discussion in 'General' started by rp108, Dec 23, 2005.

1. m@ggot

m@ggot Active Member

Has anyone else ordered the recent Arrow edition of "Pulse" from Amazon and not yet received it? I preordered it on June 22nd (the release date was July 11th)...and still no show...now, I must be up-front and honest and admit to NOT being a prime subscriber, so I usually receive new releases about a week or two from Amazon (with the free shipping option) after the release date (no complaints there: I get what I pay for)...but it is now the beginning of September and still no dice...like I said, I know I get what I paid for, but I think it is reasonable of me to have received it by sometime in August?!...I'll be super-pissed if the copy I receive is sans-booklet, considering I preordered...

2. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

Have you received a shipping confirmation from Amazon? Almost two months past the release date is well beyond any shipping guidelines Amazon has in place. I believe Super Saver shipping is supposed to arrive within 5-9 days of the item being shipped.

If you haven't received a shipping confirmation, judging by their listing, it's probably because Amazon, itself, isn't currently carrying Pulse.

Either way, I would definitely get in touch with customer service, but I have a feeling you'll need to seek a refund or cancel your order and place the order elsewhere.

m@ggot and Zombie Dude like this.
  3. m@ggot

m@ggot Active Member

Thank you for that advice!!! :)...I did receive a message that asked me if I still wanted to receive the item...I responded "yes"...I'm a little upset because I managed to snag the arrow combo for around 15.50...I can see now why Amazon doesn't want to honor that price...

4. m@ggot

m@ggot Active Member

You are absolutely correct about them not offering new copies...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  5. m@ggot

m@ggot Active Member

You rock zbinks...it's a long and boring story at this point, but it looks like it'll finally ship middle of next week...thank you for the advice!...

zbinks likes this.
  6. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

I placed an order on Sept 11 for Close Encounters and Arrow's Children of the Corn. Originally got a shipping estimate of Monday (the 18th), then it changed to shipping Tuesday Sept 19, and it STILL hasn't shipped, with both items in stock. Now all it says is "shipping soon".

What the fuck Amazon, my package has been "shipping soon for 3 fucking days now".

They're getting worse and worse. Watch it arrive all fucked up and damaged too.

~Matt

Zombie Dude likes this.
  7. zbinks

Were you able to obtain a copy of this? Over on Blu-Ray.com, there's multiple reports of Amazon cancelling preorders due to a lack of availability.

m@ggot likes this.
  8. m@ggot

m@ggot Active Member

I did receive one actually, after I contacted customer service via both e-mail and online chat...thanks again for the suggestion! If I hadn't been proactive, I probably would never have received it :)

zbinks likes this.
  9. m@ggot

m@ggot Active Member

Wow...what a shitstorm...I should count myself REALLY lucky...apparently even Prime members had their orders cancelled...thanks again man! :)

zbinks likes this.
  10. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Amazon has Pulse in stock

11. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

All right. I got an Amazon complaint. Every time I buy a movie, usually horror, they'll post "Customers who bought this also bought....", and I'll say to myself "Shit, yeah, I want those movies too" and end up buying 3 or 4 when I only intended to buy one.

russweiss and Zombie Dude like this.
  12. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

Haha that's great. Guess those suggestions are paying off for them then :p

13. The Joker

The Joker Well-Known Member

That usually sends me down a rabbit hole and I wind up with 50 more things on my wish list.

14. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I have done this myself many many times. Since I buy from Amazon UK and DE also it really gets costly.

15. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

I order a LOT of stuff from Amazon, not just Blu-rays. Joined Prime a couple of years ago and it has paid for itself several times over so it was definitely a good investment. Lately, though, and ever since they started using couriers, they're missing the 2-day delivery target more and more. I've chatted with them and have been given $5 or $10 credits but I'm beginning to think I don't really want those - what I want is for my stuff to be delivered on time. One time, an order of 5 Blu-ray titles were scanned as delivered but they weren't. The messengers, to cover their asses, will scan a package as delivered just to stick to the schedule and make it appear as they did their job but they'll usually deliver it the next day - that never happened with those 5 Blu's. Naturally, this pissed me off so I contacted Amazon. As is their policy, they sent replacements via UPS and gave me a $5 credit towards my next purchase - great, right? Except I don't want to go through this more often than I have to. Number 1, not getting something when I'm supposed to is very annoying. Number 2, every time they re-ship something it costs money. Doesn't cost ME anything at the moment but it will cost in the long run in the form of higher prices. Sending something UPS Next-Day Air isn't cheap so you would think Amazon would attempt to get to the bottom of these courier shenanigans and not just let these things slide.

Not complaining about Amazon themselves - just their delivery services. If they would stick to using the Post Office instead of third-rate couriers (most of these dudes look like they've just been released from prison) there would be much less hassle.

Anthropophagus and Zombie Dude like this.
  16. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

I have had the exact same frustrations with Amazon since the courier issue came up. I have even called customer service and offered them more money to revert back to Canada Post (with whom I never had an issue). I have had stuff register as delivered on the tracking system and yet no sign of it. I also resent having to sit at home all day waiting for a package because who knows where it might wind up if I'm not home.
    Intelcom does not even use marked vehicles, no sign of it being a courier service. Purolator did not even ask for a signature last time, and I've read of packages being left in people's driveways.
    It makes me realize how good I had it when Amazon was using Canada Post, always on time, never a delay, shipped out super fast.
    The frustration makes me rethink using online shopping services, but what are the alternatives really?
    I dread those days are gone when reliability was a part of the Amazon experience.

17. zbinks

As long as it's a late shipment and not a lost shipment (especially if the item is a limited edition that can't be replaced), I'll gladly take the $5 - $10 credit.