Amazon.com sucks thread

Discussion in 'General' started by rp108, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

Supposed to be in Montreal on November 10th.
    We'll see.

2. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

Placed an order for the SF collector's editions of Serial Mom and Dawn of the Dead (they were both on sale) and both had creased and torn slip covers upon arrival.

Honestly what do they do with the products in their warehouse?? Not a scuff or scratch on the packaging but the items inside were destroyed. So I requested a replacement, but got a delivery estimate of NEXT Tuesday. No. Fuck that. Called and bitched and they upgraded me to 1-day shipping free of charge.

They were really good about replacing this but if they wouldn't ship customers damaged products, we wouldn't even be in this situation to begin with.

~Matt

3. Anthropophagus

Update:
    It's at customs and will be handed over to Canada Post.
    I think this is a good sign.

zbinks likes this.
  4. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

So Amazon fucking lost the replacement package that had "guaranteed" delivery today.

Honestly Amazon fucking blows and their service only gets worse. The warehouse is a 25 min drive from my house how the fuck do you lose my package??

~Matt

5. Anthropophagus

Ample frustrations myself lately with Amazon. Cancelled an order yesterday and just went and bought the book at Chapter's.

6. Anthropophagus

Well my package arrived on Friday, neatly packaged with no issues.
    Full seven days ahead of predicted delivery.
    I guess I got lucky or the reviews of Iparcel online represent only those who've had negative experiences.

7. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

8. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

This article raises many questions with me.

"Bautista got home to find what he thought was dog poop, and checked his home surveillance to see if he could find the dog's owner. Instead, Bautista says a woman driving a U-Haul van, delivering packages for Amazon, did the deed."

What size dog did Bautista think did this?

"Bautista told FOX40 he contacted Amazon and a representative came to his home around 8:30 that evening. He said the Amazon representative was unprepared to clean up the mess and had to borrow a bag."

The video surveillance wasn't proof enough? The guy has a camera monitoring his house but doesn't own a shovel? The Amazon representative borrowed a bag? Was it returned?

"Amazon ultimately apologized to Bautista and offered him a gift card. He added Amazon told him the driver "has been dealt with" but was unsure what that meant."

How much was the gift card for? Would it have been more if the homeowner cleaned it up himself? Also, why would the Amazon employee inform the homeowner of their disciplinary procedures?

"It's definitely disturbing if you think about kids on the street and stuff," neighbor Raiza said. "Everyone's got kids."

The kids on this street have never seen poop? Also, not everyone has kids.

"Bautista said he's concerned about the customers who came after him."

Does he think this Amazon driver is a serial deficator, or perhaps she is adding a little extra Christmas cheer with her deliveries?

In all seriousness I would love the answers to all of my questions, but most of us have had to go at inopportune times. The driver should have cleaned it up, then herself up and went on with her day.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Zombie Dude likes this.
  9. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

How often are you coming across a pile of human poop out in front of your house? :confused:

10. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised.

baggio likes this.
  11. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I try not to notice. :)

zbinks likes this.
  12. fattyjoe37

fattyjoe37 Well-Known Member

I’ve probably said this before on here, but I’ve never had a problem with Amazon. If there ever were issues, they’re taken care of very quickly and easily. I just spent the last month dealing with separate issues caused by Deep Discount and FedEx that has basically made me decide to stop collecting movies. I wasted so much time explaining my situation to their poor customer service and other department reps that it made me realize life’s too short to deal with stuff like this. I’d explain my problems (after being on hold for twenty minutes at a time) and wait for the issues to be fixed, only a few days later to realize they hadn’t and have to start the process all over again. This happened, no joke, a half dozen times with each company. I’m happy giving any future business I have ordering movies online to Amazon and UPS to not have to put up with stuff like this ever again.

baggio, buck135, othervoice1 and 3 others like this.
  13. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

This mirrors my experiences exactly. Has Amazon been perfect? No. But they've always handled problems in a manner that was far superior to what anyone else has done. Deep Discount caused me serious aggravation as well. These days I stick to Amazon unless there's a huge difference in price.

14. Workshed

Workshed A Barge Person

zbinks likes this.
  15. Dave

Dave Pimp

Still love Amazon. I have had some delivery issues lately too, however. I'll tell you, though, each time I write to them and complain, they do something awesome. Last time they refunded the purchase that was late (it was only $14 but still) and gave me a $10 credit. They've given me an extra month of prime a few times in the past year as well.

It's frustrating to have something get here late, particularly when I pay the prime membership for 2-day delivery, but they always make it right. I do their monthly subscribe and save for a number of 'staples' like coffee and what not. Pretty reasonable prices; usually competitive with the local grocery store, if not cheaper. I really hate going to the store now for anything but food. Love to go and buy groceries - I stopped eating meat and am nearly off dairy too. So I've been eating a lot of plant based foods. Amazon doesn't do any fresh deliveries in my area.

othervoice1 likes this.
  16. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I think it's interesting that MOST of the bitching in this thread pertains more to carrier companies than Amazon. I continue to be amazed that Amazon consistently takes responsibility for shipping problems. They have ZERO control beyond the carriers they choose. In my case, they use the USPS, UPS, and Fedex--so they should get reliable service. Do they? Of course not. Fedex has been pretty good for me, but UPS and the USPS mess up a ridiculous amount of the time. In my experience, Amazon is the only company who consistently compensates customers for issues like that. Other companies don't even want to solve THEIR OWN PROBLEMS--and they understandably bristle at taking ownership of problems that they don't cause. Amazon takes responsibility for everything, and that's what makes them different.

russweiss and othervoice1 like this.
  17. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I do really love the promos that Amazon have been emailing me lately. ;) I got a $10 promo credit last week for signing into the Amazon app on my 2nd Prime account, and two separate $5 promo credits yesterday for signing into the Kindle app from both Prime accounts.