Amazon.com sucks thread

Discussion in 'General' started by rp108, Dec 23, 2005.

1. maskull

maskull I finally got an avatar!!! Yay!!

Yeah they do try to sneak that past you don't they? They've been missing the guaranteed delivery date a lot more lately for me as well. I guess they don't get what guaranteed means.

chancetx likes this.
  2. Matt89

Matt89 Well-Known Member

YES.

THIS IS THE SHIT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

Yesterday for example, I placed an order at 10am (The Mummy Returns 4K and Spielberg's 1941 if you must know ;)) to get one-day delivery because that was the only option, and it said "order within the next 26 hrs for free delivery tomorrow." So, technically that item should still now be offered for same-day, considering I placed this order less than 26 hrs ago, right? Nope. Now it says basically the same thing, "order within the next 24 hours for delivery Sunday" but if I were to wake up tomorrow morning and place that order before noon it won't arrive till Monday. It's really irritating because it's incredibly misleading and false advertising.

And yeah I've also had about 4-5 amazon deliveries in the past 2 months that haven't met their "guaranteed" delivery dates. Mind you, they were all for items I placed for "same-day" delivery. Maybe they're not doing it anymore because they were often not able to honour their "guarantee"? Who knows. But it's really frustrating when you're paying for the service.

~Matt

chancetx likes this.
  3. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

They're definitely not what they once were. I ordered stuff on December 31st, and even though I knew it would be a few extra days on account of the holiday, they still didn't ship out until today (Jan. 6th). And when it does take so long it is because they're gathering it all in the closest distribution center so I generally get it the next day after the shipping notice is emailed to me. But nope, not this time. They divided the order in two, so one will arrive in 3 days and another in 4. I can't say that I'm impressed but at least it is free shipping.

4. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Does anyone here have an email address for Amazon UK customer service? I have some problems with an order I received yesterday. Tried to do online chat with someone in customer service. They were very rude & not the least bit helpful. It's very frustrating that both Amazon US & Amazon UK took away the ability to contact customer service via email.

hots4 likes this.
  5. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

I'd give the chat option another shot. I've never been unlucky enough to get a bad rep, but I've seen plenty of accounts from people not as lucky. Chances are you'll have a much better experience with a different rep.

Bummer that they removed the email option. Maybe it's just a seasonal decision.

6. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

I don't think they have the email option any longer, same as Amazon US.

I had a problem with an Amazon UK order the other day also... A shipment arrived with one item completely missing. It wasn't opened or anything, so they just didn't pack it. I went into chat and got a rude jerk also, which is just very surprising as their CS is usually top notch and I've never really had a complaint in years of ordering with them before.

Since it was just "Standard" shipping with no tracking number, and arrived about 2 weeks before it's "scheduled" delivery, they said I had to wait over 2 weeks before I could get a replacement sent. I told them I'd even take a photo of the shipping box and the item I did receive from it. I mean WTF? It was just a cheap music CD, not even an expensive item or anything.

I just ended up and did it through the actual order page, and just got a refund. No problem there.

7. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Reading all this is very interesting, have they replaced all the good customer service operatives with disks!

I've always had great service with UK Amazon when contacting them......until last week,

I ordered a pair of earings for my mom and they sent a book!!!!! All I wanted was the earings but the prick I spoke to would not help, told me I had to re-order them when I told him the price had gone up I was told tough, when I asked him to cover the difference (it was 2 pound difference), he said no, so after an hour and a half on chat I'd had enough, I accepted the refund, and even then it was on the condition I sent the book back (which incidentally was selling for £3), when he asked how I was returning it, I advised no way was I walking to a post office to rectify your mistake, so I'll go for the most expensive option for you, so he arranged I fucking hermes driver to pick up this 3 quid book!! (very cost effective). At the end of this woeful experience I left him some very heartfelt negative feedback which I hope has gone in some way to fuck his day up.

I to hate the email option has gone, but I do think it's a seasonal thing.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  8. russweiss

russweiss Well-Known Member

I recently had the opposite experience with Amazon UK. I ordered a copy of American Werewolf in London and the very next day the price dropped so I placed another order and tried to cancel the original. I was told that it was too late and that when the package arrived I could just refuse it. These days only about 20% of the delivery guys bother to ring the door bell when they drop off packages so even though I was at home the package was left sitting on the porch. Anyway once the movie arrived I contacted customer service and they told me to just keep the movie and they would issue a full refund. They even paid for the shipping. The refund was just over $30.00. I place orders at least once a month with Amazon UK and have never had a bad experience. The very few times I've ever had to contact Amazon I've always received good service. Maybe I've been lucky but considering I use Amazon over 100 times each year it seems to me that if you get bad service it's just bad luck.

9. shape22

shape22 Well-Known Member

This has been my experience as well. I suspect they put some extra temp employees on for the Christmas rush.

10. satans-sadists

satans-sadists Ghost

Gave the customer service chat function another try this morning. Different person that I'm happy to say was much better. Here's what happened. My package arrived on Thursday completely opened up. There were two Blu-ray purchases. One made it here & one was missing. The item that arrived was damaged. Never had this happen before. Anyway this Amazon UK rep is going to issue a refund for the damaged item (don't have to return it) and a replacement for the missing one.

By the way, I'm pretty sure I noticed that Amazon US removed the ability to email customer service earlier this year (months ago). I always had faster resolution with Amazon whenever the communication was done through email. Wishing everyone here smooth sailing with their Amazon orders.

11. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I'm bummed because I no longer receive preorders on the release date. Now I get them one to two days later.

12. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

It definitely must be Luck and not previous orders as ive ordered nearly 600 items in the last 6 months, if anyone should be treated with soft gloves I think with that record it should be me!

13. KGBRadioMoskow

KGBRadioMoskow Makes any meat boneless!

Exact opposite. With that kind of purchase frequency they know they have you hooked, you're not going anywhere, and they can jerk you around with impunity.

Its the infrequent customers they want to get on that hook that they give a shit about. The ones already addicted can go suck it, they'll keep shelling out until things completely flush down the toilet.

14. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

Possibly, but I've had fantastic service previously, it's only the last time I had a problem, I think I was just unlucky, I just got a prick that night,

To note in my complaint I noted that I would question doing business with them again and I've not purchased anything from them since, ignoring all black Friday deals, I don't need anything else for xmas, so won't order anything else until at least the new year, let's see what there algorithm's think of that.

15. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

I would have just hung up on the guy and then called back. Odds are you wouldn’t talk to the same person again.

Zombie Dude likes this.
  16. Zombie Dude

Zombie Dude Well-Known Member

I've done this with their chat services to satisfying results.