Amazon.com sucks thread

Discussion in 'General' started by rp108, Dec 23, 2005.

1. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Just to follow up here, I sent them an e-mail. Sakshi B replied to let me know that the sales for one week aren't disbursed until two weeks later. Nothing was said pertaining to my account or why the amount might be wrong. So they basically didn't answer my question at all, and simply provided me with basic information that everyone who sells on Amazon already knows (I even mentioned this fact in my original post above). :rolleyes:

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

So I just logged into my Marketplace account. Here's what it says:

:confused: I have maybe 40 items listed on Amazon.

When I try to view the orders, it just says:

3. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

In more than 5 years of shopping at Amazon I never had an order by a marketplace seller cancelled because of a "technical problem" until now. What the fuck does that mean?

4. hots4

hots4 Dogs In White

I have a lot of items up for sale on amazon but if i saw 'you have 5000 unshipped orders', i would shit the bed!!!!!!! I would contact them and ask them to sort it, they should get back to you with within 24hrs with the problem rectified.

5. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqGEq6KK7n8

6. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

Another thing I would warn you guys about is trading in anything to Amazon. Twice now I've had them tell me that items weren't in the box I submitted when I know for a fact they were. Movies are one thing, but now they're telling me that the iPod I traded into to them was not in the box I sent which is BULLSHIT! I swear they have a fucking thief in their warehouse because I clearly remember putting it in the box thinking to myself that they better not say that they didn't get this and low and behold they're telling me they didn't. Man, this company went downhill real fucking fast. I'm done with them completely after this.

7. Ash28M

Ash28M Active Member

It could of been someone at the post office. I've had them steal a few things from me.

8. Mikey Horror

I sent it UPS so if I get nowhere with Amazon, my next step is to contact them. Like I said, $4 or $5 credits for movies I can just blow off, but this is an iPod I traded in. Fucking ridiculous. You can't trust anything anymore.

9. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Member

I have had great luck at Amazon and Gohastings....however like somebody mentioned before, I just received an order from hastings for the original Clash of the titans and I received the remake. My other order (received today also) was for the original My Bloody Valentine and I got the remake of that also. Understandable, but annoying. I looked at the invoice and it has the correct release dates and the correct UPC info for the ones I wanted, but they shipped the remake instead. I assume a call to the customer service will remedy this so hopefully I can come back on and write a glowing review of their customer service. (by the way, out of numerous transaction with amazon and hastings this is the first time I have a mix up or issue).

10. Mikey Horror

If you order a movie where multiple films share the same title, Hastings will almost ALWAYS send you the wrong one. They're notorious for that. They will correct their mistake without any problems. They'll just tell you to keep the one they sent and mail out a new one, but they REALLY need to work on their quality control at their warehouse. They should start going by UPC and not just the title. Their customer service is great, but they really need to work on preventing these things from happening in the first place.

11. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Member

Their customer service is not open on Saturday so I will have to wait until Monday to speak with them to get this fixed.

12. SpaceAce

SpaceAce Member

I got ahold of Hastings customer service and they said that they would refund my money on both movies but I would have to place another order since they didn't have any stock from where she was (not sure what that meant) and they couldn't just send a replacement. She did say I had to return one of the movies due to the cost of it (like $6 or so) and that they would email me a return address label so I cuold ship it at no cost to me. Once they get the movie back then they will refubnd my money. She said I could just keep the other movie. So overall not too bad, but kind of a hassle, and my main concern was if I place another order to get the movie I wanted, what are the chances I get stuck with the remake again?? Not too sure I want to chance that again.

13. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

For what it's worth everything I buy on Amazon is shipped UPS. I guess Amazon got tired of getting fucked by the USPS.

14. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

All of my recent orders have returned to being shipped by UPS too. It's not surprising that they probably had problems with using the USPS so much recently.

15. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

USPS was probably costing them in the millions fucking thieves!

16. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

They were probably just screwing up deliveries with late or lost/misplaced packages. I hate dealing with the postal service, I've certainly had enough of those problems in the last year with them!

17. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Yeah and it's safe to say Amazon has thrown the towel in. :lol:

18. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

Strangely, the USPS hasn't lost a package of mine in maybe two years. Before that they lost or damaged about 1 in 4. Maybe they just rotate the bad employees around the country instead of firing them?

19. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Some months back a postal worker delivered a padded envelope to me that had been ripped open and the contents removed. She handed this to me and proceeded to leave. I had to go out after her and explain that an empty envelope was not what I had ordered. I called Amazon and they were good enough to send out another copy the same day.

20. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

Within the past 40 years I have never had a single problem with the USPS. EVER. You guys must just live in shitty neighborhoods. I've heard the stories and just plain don't understand what the hell you all are talking about.