Amazon.com sucks thread

Discussion in 'General' started by rp108, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

Well try living here, because THEY FUCK UP EVERYTHING. I don't live in a "shitty neighborhood" either.

They leave registered mail packages without getting a signature.

Half the time they don't even scan packages that have Delivery Confirmation.

They often misdeliver packages to other addresses.

They often "misplace" packages, so they arrive weeks or months later. Who knows where they were in the meantime.

Etc... Etc...

And complaining to supervisors or postal inspectors does no good at all. Screw the USPS morons here.

2. maybrick

maybrick Well-Known Member

WELL! I don't know about you, but that certainly sounds like a shitty area to me...

3. Katatonia

Shitty USPS area? Yes, I would completely agree. They're absolutely pathetic and hire idiots here that can't do their jobs.

Shitty area in general? No.

4. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Worst case scenario in Keene, NH is your flooding problems. I doubt the people in your town are running around at USPS stealing shit. Unless there is another flood then yeah I can see packages getting lost. It all depends on where you live when it comes to getting boned by USPS.

5. Katatonia

Another stupid thing is that I live on a "Place" division of homes, which has been that way for decades. The street signs all still say "Place" at the end.

The postal service however now officially recognizes it as "Street" or "ST" despite what all of the official street signs and maps say.

Half the time whenever I even order something online, it comes up with "We can only ship to the official USPS street address, so please change this to "ST" for your order."

And you simply cannot get that bullshit changed no matter who you contact. The city blames the USPS, and the USPS blames the city.

Considering the fact that it's been a "Place" for decades and the postal service suddenly changed it only 5+ years ago with no explanation...I'd wager it's not the city screwing things up.

6. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I really don't have a preference between UPS or USPS. Both are generally fine, but I've had some bad experiences with both involving misdelivered packages and crushed packages. :lol:

A year or two back, Amazon used to send a lot of my packages via a service called Ensenda. They rocked. That was back when Amazon shipped all orders promptly regardless of your shipping preferences and regardless of whether you were a Prime member or not. I'd receive all of my packages within a day or two of being shipped, even though I would always use Free Super Saver Shipping. The craziest thing was, they'd even deliver on Sundays. I actually suspect they might've been too good, because there was no reason for me to even consider a Prime membership or one of the "faster" shipping options when they were handling my deliveries.

7. skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy New Member

8. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

the first one is a "limited edition" with the cardboard sleeve, 4 reversible artwork options, poster, and booklet. It also only includes the BD. The second is in a standard case (I think - I've never bought any of their non-limited editions) and doesn't have all of those packaging bells and whistles. as I understand it, it does include the booklet, and I believe it includes only 2 reversible artwork options (the one you see, and one other). however, it does include a DVD. Also, if amazon has their specs correct, the LE version is Region ALL while the standard edition is Region B/2. I can confirm that the LE is ALL, but have no idea about the standard edition.

Personally, if the region thing isn't an issue for you, I wouldn't pay twice the price for the extra artwork, poster, and cardboard sleeve. i'm sure there are some who would want the DVD too, and would actually consider that version the superior one.

9. MorallySound

MorallySound Mad Mutilator

10. dave13

dave13 Well-Known Member

that makes sense. i'm fairly certain the single disc one is no longer available, and that its been replaced by the BD/DVD combo. hence the inflated price and no sales directly from amazon.

11. skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy New Member

So confusing. I think I get it though. I just wish we had a place in Toronto that imported these like Ameoba Records does in LA.

12. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

Stupid Karma. I'm holding my breath that a piece of original and likely irreplaceable artwork wasn't just lost by the USPS. So far it looks like it might only be 5 days later than expected...

13. Katatonia

I had a 1st class package a few weeks ago that took almost 3 weeks to arrive.

The tracking number showed it actually arrived here in town on schedule...and then nothing updated for almost a week. Then the tracking showed it was somewhere in Iowa, a completely different state! Did they rush it back to be delivered? Nope, it took almost a week more to arrive, finally.

14. Mikey Horror

Mikey Horror Active Member

And the post office is crying poor. Gee, I wonder why?

15. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

Turns out I dodged a bullet - the seller just hadn't shipped it yet. I will now go back to fucking karma in the ass. No wait, maybe I'll wait a few days first... The post office is wonderful, isn't it? :)

Did they ever offer a reason that it went to Iowa? Did the box have vacation time it needed to use or something?

16. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

No idea how I ended up on Amazons shit list. I ordered 7 blu rays they shoved all my shit into a non padded paper thin cardboard. All of my items arrived damaged but wait it gets better. Even though the packing was complete and utter shit. I think Amazon sent me resealed USED blu rays. I doubt I will place anymore orders anytime soon after this. For what it's worth I don't think any online retailers use good packing materials. I'm also an Amazon prime member so this really pissed me off. I got an e-mail from Amazon asking me to rate their packing today. I gave them a mouthful but I doubt they give a shit.

17. zbinks

zbinks Beset by Creatures of the Deep

I'm positive Amazon reseals and resells previously opened and returned Blu-Rays. I usually don't bother opening them and just initiate a return for a replacement copy with an explanation that the item received appears to be repackaged along with my reasoning. If the previous owner of the disc returned it, I don't really want to find out why.

All of the questionable discs will undoubtedly be in the stretchy, shrinkwrap style packaging, not the kind with the neatly folded corners. Some of the studios do use shrinkwrap style packaging, so it might still be factory original, but there are usually other signs to confirm whether or not an item was resealed.

The most obvious examples of repackaging I can think of are:

• You can still see remnants of the previous packaging still adhered to the spine or along the other edges of the case.
    • The case has a glue marks across the top where the security label used to be.
    • Unusually thick shrinkwrap.

18. Workshed

Workshed a.k.a. Villyan Shit

When buying your discs, it is important to note that even when you purchase directly from Amazon, it can still be supplied by a different vendor. This is called out on the item's page, under the price, but people usually miss it.

19. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

I believe you 100% but allot of forum members will probably disagree. Anyway yeah my entire order was used shit Amazon resealed. Lesson learned on my end just remember folks Amazon is not the only online retailer doing this.

Yeah I totally know what your referring too. However all my items were shipped/purchased directly from Amazons where house. There is times when you buy items from Amazon that a seller can send to them. I usually avoid purchasing those types of merchant items.

20. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Well, I just made one of my bigger purchases from Amazon, and not just in cost but in size: My new outdoor grill. Amazon was cheaper than Home Depot, plus, when you drive a Miata, it's a lot better to have larger items shipped rather than try to cram it in your car. We'll see how they do. Oh, and this time I remembered to use the HorrorDigital.com link.