AMC: First Dish Network, Now Verizon

Discussion in 'General' started by Mikey Horror, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Jack Grendel

Jack Grendel Member

An interesting guest line up would Greg Nicotero & say Tom Savini

2. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

No kidding? Did he say what it was he didn't like?

3. Chomp

Chomp Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I think it was about a year ago when he was asked to direct an episode or two. He declined and said he admires the comic (haha “admires” TWD is 10x better than the zombie (Toe Tags) comic you put out; jealousy maybe?), but since they are not “his zombies” he has no interest in being a part of any of it (well what the hell was that horrid Resident Evil script then?)

Sometimes when I read some of these interviews given by Romero, it seems he hates the zombie trend he started, yet he keeps milking the idea himself. It’s obvious his films tend to get weaker and weaker, yet he continues to dish out zombie related material. Although I recently revisited Survival of the Dead, and aside from the atrocious CGI, I actually found it to be sort of enjoyable.

Whatever, the guy is elderly, let him do whatever the fuck he wants.

4. buck135

buck135 Kanamit

I feel for Romero. His initial zombie trilogy set the standard for the modern zombie. Hollywood won't touch him, while projects such as Resident Evil, The Walking Dead and World War Z to name a few receive endless budgets. Romero can only get backed to make a "dead" film, but with a miniscule budget.

5. Dobby

Dobby Banned Mofo

All this Romero talk reminds me of Land Of The Dead. I been wanting to forget that god awful film. Day Of The Dead was the last decent zombie film i have ever enjoyed. All these modern hipster zombie flicks/TV crap i can do without.

6. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I wonder if Romero is anything like The Ramones. As in, they were playing fast three-chord shit for 20 years, when suddenly Green Day does the exact same thing but becomes millionaires.
    More people probably watched last night's episode of The Walking Dead than saw Dawn of the Dead in the first five years after it was released. I'd be bitter too.

7. Jack Grendel

Jack Grendel Member

I think what it's like the whole frankenstein ordeal. Romero had a hand in creating the whole zombie mythos & now he can't do the projects he wants to do because the whole zombie thing has become so huge. I think now he regrets his part in it.

8. Chomp

He certainly can’t regret it that much…the guy is still making zombie movies! I love George. His contribution to horror films and film history is immeasurable. But the guy has been dethroned. Kirkman is Zombie King now. And his empire, which was built up a lot like Romero’s (started off independently) is the second best thing to happen to the genre. Kirkman was just lucky enough to be able to create his works in this point in time. TV Shows, video games, merchandising…Romero is just salty he was never able to cash in like that or garnish that type of media attention. Different times bro.

And honestly, Kirkman’s storytelling and writing skills are just as good as Romero’s ever were if not better.

P.S. Land of the Dead is awesome.

9. dirkwu

dirkwu Bannable Lector

Walking dead was sucking and they fired all of their writer after the 2nd episode of the second season and found some people who knew how to tell a story. It has been awesome ever since!

BTW, anyone play the walking dead videogame episodes on steam? they look pretty killer...

10. Chomp

Yeah...the game fuckin rocks. Intense storytelling.