AMC Hammer Alert!

Discussion in 'Classic' started by HammerFANatic, Feb 9, 2001.

1. On Saturday, 10 February, AMC will be airing, The Abominable Snowman at 10:30AM EST, so, if you've not seen this film or you need it in your video collection....set those VCRs up! :D

2. jae

jae Guest

I wish I could see it.. I moved in November and the cable company here doesn't have AMC because they have TNT and both channels would be 'duplication'.. AMC shows all the good classic horror/scifi, Hitchcock and Vincent Price.. What does TNT show? Nothing :) Ohwell.

3. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

Is The Abominable Snowman any good? I see it all the time for sale at Big Emma's but haven't picked it up. I tend to prefer the Hammer vampire movies, since that fits in with the Gothic motif and scenery the best.

Also, not Hammer, but I believe they're showing The Fall of the House of Usher on AMC this weekend as well. Nice photography, and definitely in the Hammer "tradition"

4. Jae, sorry to hear about the loss of your AMC! :(

Paff, The Abominable Snowman is a wonderfully atmospheric film. If you're not sure how you feel about the film, I'd recommend watching it on AMC before making the purchase, but I feel certain you'll enjoy the film! :D

5. carl.kolchak

carl.kolchak Guest

Thanks HF, you can't go wrong with Peter Cushing! :) I might have to break down and pay those crooks at directv the extra $10 a month to get AMC if they keep airing Hammer movies. :D

6. Always a pleasure to keep my fellow Hammer fans up-to-date on any Hammer airings! :D