American Horror Story on FX

Discussion in 'General' started by zompirejoe, Oct 7, 2011.

1. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

I just watched the blu-ray of this first season, pretty much without stopping since yesterday. I really loved it! I was completely blindsided by some of the twists

I really didn't get it that Violet was dead - I didn't recognize her body, and didn't catch on until Tate told her

Really damn good show.

2. CPT HOOK

CPT HOOK Well-Known Member

Loved the first season.

The second season is kind of a mess so far. Not sure why I'm still watching it, but I think there's only a few episodes left.

3. Mr. Eddy

Mr. Eddy Member

As much as I loved the first season, I may like this one even more. Maybe the fact that this season seems a little more fucked up and Sister Mary is one fuckin' hot possessed nun!:evil:

4. Erick H.

Erick H. Well-Known Member

I had my problems with season 1 but overall I enjoyed it.I wish it had ended an episode sooner than it did.Season two I think has been juggling too many plotlines and straying all over the place.Just when I'm ready to throw up my hands though it does something clever and keeps me watching.I still feel like I'm channel surfing sometimes however ,I hope all of this ties up coherently in the season finale.

5. Paul0889

Paul0889 New Member

i'm obsessed with AHS, i loved the first season, but the second is even better IMO.

6. bigdaddyhorse

bigdaddyhorse Detroit Hi-on

I'm surprised how much I'm digging the new season, and even more as it starts to fall into place and wrap-up. Fun idea bringing back actors and actress' for completely different roles. My girl still thinks they will tie into season 1 somehow, but I don't see that and hope not to see that.

7. Egg_Shen

Egg_Shen broomhead

Yeah, I don't see that either, and hope that's not the case. Finally caught up with the two January episodes thus far. I didn't think it could get much crazier, but The Name Game sequence definitely caught me off guard. We can now add the musical to the genres they've touched upon this season.

8. Anthropophagus

Anthropophagus Well-Known Member

I read that the show is conceived as an anthology which each season being independent of each other. So hopefully it will not tie in, I'm with you.

9. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I dunno, I think I'd like it if there was some nod to the other seasons more than just the fact that many of the same actors from season 1 are in season 2. Something just for the hardcore fans to notice, but not something that would make it confusing if you hadn't seen all seasons. So you could still enjoy it as a stand-alone, but the faithful viewers would be rewarded as well.

I do like the concept of different stories each year, as it enables the producers to kill off a character only to bring back the same actor in a different role next year. I mean, as an actor I don't think I'd want to be in a TV show where my character could be killed at any time, then I'd be back looking for work again. But in the horror genre, there HAS to be that element of danger, that factor that no one is safe, ever. AHS' concept allows for both. Your character could die a horrible, spectacular death mid-season, you get a mini vacation, then you're back shooting the next year as someone completely different. If you play a good character this year, you might play a bad one next year, or vice versa (which they're already doing).

It's really a clever and refreshing take on horror, especially on the small screen.

Now if they could just get that red-headed maid back....

10. Mr. Eddy

Mr. Eddy Member

Yup, bring back the smoking hot maid AND smoking hot Connie Britton too!

11. ImmortalSlasher

ImmortalSlasher Well-Known Member

I was surprised at the whole change of locations at the beginning of this season. I think it's for the best now because there was only so much they could do with the horror house. I like this setup now. But I too wish that the hot maid actress came back. Also Kate Mara for that matter.

12. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I don't know how they are going to rap up this season in one episode. I liked this season, but thought it was a bit of a cluster fuck with no real cohesion and no real story, unlike the first season.

13. msw7

msw7 Re-animated member

14. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

The finale apparently is the best episode of the season, wraps up all loose ends very well.
    I'm excited :) i've loved this season

It's speculated from clues that season 3 will deal with witches/voodoo. It's going to take on a more light/comedic feel, similar to season 1.

15. Mr. Eddy

Mr. Eddy Member

Hope it's true, cuz there are a few loose ends that need tying up.

16. vampyr789

vampyr789 9, 10. Never Sleep Again.

oh apparently Ryan Murphy is remaking The Town that Dreaded Sundown, with one of AHS' directors, Alfonso Gomez-Rejon! He directed "I Am Anne Frank, Part 2" and "Spilt Milk" this season's most cinematically accomplished episodes. Those are my two favorite episodes of the season!

The article says we should expect a Blu-Ray/DVD of the original!

http://www.examiner.com/article/ame...eator-to-collaborate-on-classic-horror-remake

17. evildeadfan123

evildeadfan123 Sam & Dean Winchester

I have actually been enjoying Season 2 just as much as Season 1. Will be purchasing the Blu-Ray of Season 2 when it comes out, and can't wait until Season 3, which hopefully, will be sometime in October.

18. JIMX1975

JIMX1975 Member

What did you guys think of the Finale?

19. Paff

Paff Super Moderator

I caught up to it tongiht and was a bit disappointed. For a season that was so off the rails earlier, they really slowed it down and seemed to try to be rational. Unfortunately, that also meant boring.

I'll still buy the Blu-Ray eventually, and rewatch it someday. There were a lot of crazy moments and great episodes along the way. Can't wait to see what kind of story Season 3 will be.

20. Shannafey

Shannafey Don't Monkey With Me!

South Florida, But Far from the Hell that is Miami
    I thought it was a good finale. A lot of weirdness during the season, but all in all, it was mostly Lana's story. I could have done without the alien portion though.