American Ninja 1-4 Blu-rays (88 Films - United Kingdom)

Discussion in 'High Definition' started by Katatonia, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Katatonia

Katatonia Hellbound Heart

This has actually been news for months, and I thought there was a dedicated thread on here but I never could locate one.

There was also an important update the other day regarding these:

The "cheap" listing of the set that's been on Amazon UK will apparently not come out until later this year, and lack the individual case packages/artwork.

Pre-order the exclusive 1-4 Box Set (4/20/15 release date) direct from 88 Films: http://88-films.myshopify.com/colle...cts/the-american-ninja-collection-1-4-blu-ray

[​IMG]

You can also get the movies separately:

[​IMG]

http://88-films.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/american-ninja-blu-ray

http://88-films.myshopify.com/colle...s/american-ninja-ii-the-confrontation-blu-ray

http://88-films.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/american-ninja-3-bloodhunt-blu-ray

http://88-films.myshopify.com/colle...cts/american-ninja-4-the-annihilation-blu-ray

These apparently will be "B" locked discs due to licensing contracts.

I went ahead and pre-ordered the box set from 88 Films.

2. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

I´ll wait. The "cheap" boxset is like £17 now and will contain all the extras. American Ninja "turds" don´t justify the £45.00 price tag for the solo releases box.

3. Katatonia

:rolleyes: Opinions, opinions.

Actually they hinted that it may not contain all of the extras, if it actually gets releases at all, which they don't seem sure of now. It definitely won't have the separate artwork, cases, booklets, etc..

4. elDomenechHDG

elDomenechHDG Well-Known Member

I ordered the original "cheap" set on Amazon UK - what will happen if I do nothing? (will Amazon automatically cancel and send me this set instead?)

5. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

No, this set will be exclusive to the 88 Film store for those who want the individual covers.

The "cheaper" set was the original set but was delayed till later this year.

6. vidjunkie

vidjunkie Team Blu

I have to admit I never liked or got into these films, the only true Ninja films are the ones that starred Sho Kosugi in my opinion, and that is why we just had to do this up!

[​IMG]

7. killit

killit Active Member

i bought the bullet and got 45 box se, with the one order on amazon still standing. I gotta think they will not go through with that release this year, I mean it's like 70% less than their site price. It doesn't make financial sense to release them that close, maybe a year from now? I just hope its worth the poundage

8. Katatonia

The sets are now shipping from 88 Films:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's also the "single case" set:

[​IMG]

9. elDomenechHDG

For the first time ever, I have NO idea what to buy. I like all 4 American Ninja films. I'm a stickler for separate releases BUT have to consider the box set to save ever dwindling shelf space. So, I lose some extras if I buy each film separately, correct? I certainly don't want to miss out on any of the extras. This is the most confusing release ever LOL.

Edit: Just read that this is region B-locked. I'm region-free but I was hoping I wouldn't have to worry about the "will my player be finicky today" game. Oh, well. I'm guessing if they're region-locking select titles that means a US release in imminent?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  10. crikan

crikan Well-Known Member

You should buy the set with the extras. Region locking does indicate a US release is imminent. And even if the US gets a release its likely the 88films extras wont be ported over. Its a quality set that was made for guys like you so if you don't support this release you can't complain when your favorite films aren't getting released on blu-ray. ;)

11. elDomenechHDG

Oh, I definitely want the 88 Films set, it's just a matter of WHICH release to buy :). Kino or some other US label will release their own stateside version but I don't expect any extras so there's no question 88 is the way to go.

12. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

Don´t get things confusing guys... the extras are the same for all the releases.
    In this case it comes to what of release do you prefer.... solo releases, box with individual cases, case with 4 discs inside... either way, the extras are the same.

13. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

YES I want, yes I want and I think I just peed on myself. :eek1:

14. Marv Inc.

Marv Inc. Active Member

This,

The only difference is that the cheaper boxset dos'nt come with the booklet. But the discs are the same no matter what you go for out of the three options.

15. Katatonia

The cheaper set also doesn't have the reversible artwork for each film/disc.

This is no different than releases that come in choices of a normal case or an exclusive SteelBook... it just depends on whether you value the packaging and artwork presentation as much as the discs.

16. Demoni

Demoni Active Member

I do value packaging and artwork presentation but no to the point that I have to pay almost the triple the amount of the ccheaper set. Beside, I don´t consider that extras.

17. Marv Inc.

Marv Inc. Active Member

Watched the first 20mins of the new documentary last night and its great. They've snagged interviews with lots of people.

18. Katatonia

Sure, that's your prerogative.

You view the films as "turds" anyway, so I know you could care less and have no interest. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  19. Dobby

Dobby Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Steve James was alive when part 4 was made. I really wish he had been part of it that really irks me alot.

20. baggio

baggio Well-Known Member

Not only alive but went on to do about 8 films from 1990 forward before he died.